• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman (PS4 Exclusive) from Insomniac

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to keep my expectations in check because I refuse to believe the final game will look this good

965078_10154026049735626_8537061850463554328_o.jpg

Was possible in Second Son.

Neoxon

JK Simmons voices him in the animated Ultimate Spider-man show on Disney. I'm sure it's possible to have him in a voice role if they really wanted to.

Having Yuri voice Spidey is great since he voices him in the Spider-man Unlimited mobile game and his "hero" voice sounds so good.
But he hasn't been on Ultimate Spider-Man in a while.

bunkitz

says Osborne for mayor specifically. you can also see daily bugle stuff in the coffee shop scene

Oh. Interesting. I suppose we can confirm him to be in the game now, then. There's no way Pete would let Norman win the election like that. I wouldn't be surprised if the story involved Spider-Man trying to stop Osborn and expose him.

Although I wouldn't want Osborn to be the focus... He's one of my favourite Spider-Man villains, but I want an opportunity for the other villains to shine. Speaking of which, hopefully, again, like the Arkham games, we'll get a pretty big roster of villains.

Sephzilla

PS4-Neo maybe? :p

Regardless, Insomniac has done some impressive graphical work before (Resistance 3, in particular). They also have the full strength of the Spidey IP behind them. I'm sure Sony will spare no expense (maybe even bring in help from Santa Monica like they've done in the past?)

Look at the reflection maps popping in on the windows and some of the render artifacts, that's definitely being rendered in real time.

965078_10154026049735626_8537061850463554328_o.jpg

Was possible in Second Son.
MuqyO1o.gif

beat still, my heart

I'm trying to keep my expectations in check because I refuse to believe the final game will look this good
Err.. several games look better than this. Uncharted 4 that came out looks better than this. It looks very good but lets not exaggerate. I thought the graphics would be worse though, so I'm pleasantly surprised.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Looks very doable. Not to say it doesn't look incredible, but honestly GTA v and infamous second son have similar fidelity, and the rapid movement/motion blur make it look that much better.

jet1911

Why not? There's nothing in that ttrailer that seem impossible. I mean that gif look like The Divison, same kind of lighting, a lot of things in the streets, good looking buildings. Insomniacs also showed that they were techincally very capable with Ratchet.

ch4fx_

Im really looking forward to seeing which costumes make their way into the game.

STARK SUIT PLEASE :)
lol, yea right :(

Alternate costumes or not, I'm still really pumped about this game!! Those GIFs on page 1 are mindblowingly awesome.

phanphare

Banned
ToD looks like dusk to me which is probably why you think that

I just prefer a more stylized look for a spider man game, that's all

even though spider man 2 was the better game I preferred the art style for ultimate spider man if that lets you know where I'm coming from

LewieP

Everything you saw in that trailer was on current PS4 hardware. Not high-end PS4

And how would you describe the level of interactivity? Is any of it QTEs or similar? During the indoor café scene could the player have stopped and just chilled in the café?

BPYj9Sm.gif

I want more flash. more pizzazz. more color (other than spidey's suit). the city just looks kind of drab.

Have you been to NYC? Sure the city has a lot of color in the touristy areas but a lot of the buildings were built in the late 1800s through early 1900s and all have a brown or dark grey color.I know because I live here. Adding color just because would not capture the look of many NYC neighborhoods.

phanphare

Banned
Have you been to NYC? Sure the city has a lot of color in the touristy areas but a lot of the buildings were built in the late 1800s through early 1900s and all have a brown or dark grey color.I know because I live here. Adding color just because would not capture the look of many NYC neighborhoods.

that's why I said the game looks too realistic ;p

and yes I've been to New York many times

BPYj9Sm.gif

I want more flash. more pizzazz. more color (other than spidey's suit). the city just looks kind of drab.

Looks like it is the lighting and time of day, Giving it that tone. I could be wrong though.

I love the look of this thing. Ill definitely be following the development of this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom