• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPIKE TV: Bioshock PS3 Extra Content To Be Revealed on Monday

Another game set to debut on the show is BioShock PLAYSTATION 3. Now I know what you’re thinking….’why are you guys making a big deal out of a port?’ Well I can’t spoil the surprise just yet, but let me tell you there is way more to this game than you might think. There have been hints about some “exclusive features” in the game and on Monday night I’ll finally reveal the details on Spike – and of course show you the first real gameplay footage from the PS3 version.

Source: http://geoffmk.gametrailers.com/gamepad/

Sweet! I wonder what the extra stuff could be? *scratches chin*

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Yeah right. There's no way there's any "exclusive feature" beyond Trophies that won't make it back into the 360 or PC versions via download.

Kintaro said:
Yeah right. There's no way there's any "exclusive feature" beyond Trophies that won't make it back into the 360 or PC versions via download.
Unless there were moneyhats involved.

I call Multiplayer.

nofi

Kintaro said:

Awesome, we've gone full circle.

Multiplayer would be a crippling megaton. Although it is about time for a Game Of The Year edition so it might show up on 360 eventually, Lost Planet style.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Kintaro said:

that's the logical thing, but i just can't understand why they're making a big deal out of it... technically it's just a "port".

which could only mean one of two things:

1) they really added some great stuff that makes it even worthy of a repurchase (far fetched).

2) it IS a port with with the DLC packed in, some sixaxis minor involvement, and trophies (an maybe some new content that will debut on the PS3 until it finds its way to PC and 360). but they wanted the product to sell, cuz after all it's a year late, so they're hyping it like crazy for no reason other than being on the PS3.

EDIT:

OR secret 3) new endings, since that was the only thing wrong with bioshock to a lot of people, thus making this version the definitive version.

Doel

With multi-player shooter heavy hitters like SOCOM and Resistance coming soon, I don't know why they would bother putting multiplayer in BioShock. It wouldn't be able to compete on their level.

Co-op on the other hand...I just don't know if that would work in BioShock.

I don't think there'd be anything story related. Unless it's like some kind prequelic episode. But the narrative for the game seemed pretty tightly crafted.

Niiiice.
I hope the extra features don't sacrifice visuals though. I hope they took the time to make the game look and run exceptionally well.

Doel said:
With multi-player shooter heavy hitters like SOCOM and Resistance coming soon, I don't know why they would bother putting multiplayer in BioShock. It wouldn't be able to compete on their level.

Co-op on the other hand...I just don't know if that would work in BioShock.

How could it?

There's sequences in that game that be completely destroyed by co-op. Does your plane crash land with your twin brother in tow? Bioshock is a heavily story driven game, which is why I can't see any modifications being made to the core game aside from some new plasmids. The biggest and most marketplace appealing addition would definitely be multiplayer.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Significant gameplay additions are unlikely.

I thought I read a rumour somewhere that it might have a mini introductory video showing life in Rapture before the shit hit the fan..stuff like that seems way more feasible, and would be pretty cool in itself.

Kintaro

nofi said:
Awesome, we've gone full circle.

:lol Whatever you think. I can't see this being anything major. Especially for a year old port.

I can't think of a PS3 owner caring too much about this (or who hasn't played it before on PC or 360) with it coming out around SOCOM, Resistance 2 and Call of Duty: World at War.

KGKK

Banned
Kintaro said:
:lol Whatever you think. I can't see this being anything major. Especially for a year old port.

I can't think of a PS3 owner caring too much about this (or who hasn't played it before on PC or 360) with it coming out around SOCOM, Resistance 2 and Call of Duty: World at War.

You're right, they should have released it during the winter when the PS3 was kind of in a dry spell. This fall is going to be jampacked with new games so.

Replicant

It better be good enough and plentiful to warrant a purchase 1 year later. And the game has to be perfect both in graphic and framerate.

I think any sort of multiplayer component would be saved for the sequel.

edit:
Chinner said:
I hope they completly redo the ending. It needs some work.

Yeah, I felt that at least the "good ending" didn't really seem to accord thematically to the rest of the game. I wouldn't want the ending to be totally bleak, but an ambiguous conclusion, like in "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?", for instance, would be preferable, imo.

Doc Evils

Playstation Life reported that this is the new content as a rumor:

• New opening video around 6 minutes long on how life was like before Rapture went bad. Original video starts after this one ends.
  • Trophies of course will be in the game
  • Exclusive new level, with 2 new enemies, thought to be the ‘zoo’ level that was excluded from the original 360 edition due to running out of time
  • Some levels may have been tweaked from the 360 version
  • All downloadable content after the release will be free
  • The game will take advantage of the SIXAXIS motion sensing technology
  • Slightly better Graphics, less pop-up and loading times decreased thanks to hard drive install[

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/06/16/rumor-exclusive-info-on-bioshock/

Baha

I missed this on the 360 since I don't own one, I can't play this on my PC (well I could but not at optimal settings, I can't play good-looking games in low-res). So I'll have to see what the ps3 version offers and how well it performs. Otherwise, I'll have to wait till I upgrade my vid card.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
KGKK said:
You're right, they should have released it during the winter when the PS3 was kind of in a dry spell. This fall is going to be jampacked with new games so.

So true. October and November especially... D:

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Kintaro said:

Sony has help pave the way for the new content. In fact, 2K said they were just interested in porting the original game "unless Sony had some plans for extra content" which apparently they do.

So, it's 100% exclusive content.

Kintaro said:

I really want this game. This was the one game that had me really wanting a 360. So i think a lot of people care actually. Yeah its going to be a cramped holiday for certain, so I am saving up now.

chubigans said:
Sony has help pave the way for the new content. In fact, 2K said they were just interested in porting the original game "unless Sony had some plans for extra content" which apparently they do.

:(

The first time I've felt the true sting of exclusive content.

If the Circus Of Values machines in the zoo sell long spoiled peanuts, I'm going to cry myself to sleep at night for a month.

Replicant

chubigans said:

Nice. It's about time Sony starts doing this kind of thing.

Kintaro

chubigans said:

Ok then. That begs the question. Will the content be worth buying a port with the competition coming out around it this year?

chubigans said:

Doesn't that seem a little unlikely though? The game came out for the 360 a year earlier with great sales. I just can't see them not trying to at least sell the new content to a lot of 360 owners.

Kintaro said:

good call, it makes a lot of sense to have some special feature on a game when all they will introduce is trophy support and less pop in

gantz85

Banned
Kintaro said:
Ok then. That begs the question. Will the content be worth buying a port with the competition coming out around it this year?

(1) That's not what "begging the question" means.
(2) But if it were, your question begs the question: How do you know if it's worth buying a port when the content hasn't been revealed yet?

Pojo

Banned
Trophies and a new Big Daddy model or two, I predict. They won't do anything cool enough to screw with the canon of the game. I doubt we'll even see something that would set up for a sequel. We'll see.

A sequel to Bioshock is a bad idea. It's like a sequel to Ico or something.

klee123

purvispisgah said:
Doesn't that seem a little unlikely though? The game came out for the 360 a year earlier with great sales. I just can't see them not trying to at least sell the new content to a lot of 360 owners.

You can say the same with the exclusive DLC for GTAIV. When you have a hardware company involved, chances are the content is most likely exclusive.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
purvispisgah said:

Sony said something to the effect of "we're not interested in time exclusives, we're interested in bringing more great games to the PS3." So the idea of getting big games later and adding some worthwhile additions to it seems to please Sony pretty well.

It's a risky move, but it works out well. Here's a game already critically acclaimed, award winning, coming to the PS3 with extra exclusive content. It works better than betting money on time exclusives that may or may not live up to the hype.

chubigans said:

Frankly, I think it's going to be something related to Home and/or Little Big Planet, along with Trophies.

Top Bottom