• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike TV named the official and exclusive broadcast partner of E3 2013

geoffmk

Geoff Keighley
Correct, we will be streaming all the E3 conferences online as part of our coverage, but Sony will not be on Spike. I would love to have had PlayStation on Spike, but the late start time (primetime on the east coast) makes it very difficult. That said we are working on some awesome content for PS fans that will be a part of our live coverage on TV.

TriGen

Correct, we will be streaming all the E3 conferences online as part of our coverage, but Sony will not be on Spike. I would love to have had PlayStation on Spike, but the late start time (primetime on the east coast) makes it very difficult. That said we are working on some awesome content for PS fans that will be a part of our live coverage on TV.

Thanks for clarifacation, Geoff.

Meelow

Banned
I'll just watch Nintendo Direct live on my Wii U like I did for the Xbox One announcement, and possibly also do that for the Sony conference or on the PC.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Thanks for clarifying.

-Cwalat-

Fist-bump-fail-awkward.gif

Now that's hilarious.

abundant

Lame if its Microsoft thats only being shown on TV , I don't care about their console.

MS and EA are the only ones that will be shown on TV. There's no G4 and like Geoff said, Sony's start time is too late for Spike (I suspect the same for Ubisoft too).

you guys are gonna have a looong day on the 10th. Good luck! I watch E3 coverage live on GT every year.

dancmc

Do you know (and more importantly, can you share) how long MS conference is going to be yet?

SykoTech

That sucks. DirecTV dropped G4 ages ago. With G4 dead, I was hoping Spike would finally pick up the Sony conference.

Oh well. Guess I'll stick with online coverage.

massoluk

Banned

Pardon, but what exactly are you gonna do with Nintendo non-conference?

grumble

Not great for Sony or its fans in that case. Looking forward to see how you balance it out for Playstation fans.

Specifically mentions Microsoft's and EA's but neglects everyone else's?

Fuck off Spike.

I will be watching it streamed anyway.

abundant

Uh... No Sony, No Nintendo? They're kind of big players in the game industry I heard.

Blame Sony for having a late start time and blame Nintendo for not doing a press conference (they showed Nintendo last year BTW). I know they will have one of those Nintendo Directs, but it's not the same according to Spike TV.

Takao

Banned
Geoff, I've seen SpikeTV's prime time lineup. These game broadcasts have to be pulling abysmal numbers for that dreck to get more pull than a live event.

Anyways, I can't watch. Rogers pulled Spike off my cable package this week.

UraMallas

So. Where can I watch Sony conference if I don't have a computer? I only have a WP8. Will Sony be streaming their presser on PSN?

So GT.com is streaming right. Do you happen to know when the links will go live?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Hey Geoff, the next Bonus Round is going to be a E3 Preview, correct? Are you doing Sony or Nintendo first?

What about Nintendo? Will we see the direct on there as well, or will it just be media playing the games at the media event afterwards?

Wouldn't want to interrupt that 2nd showing of Dodgeball. That's some big time stuff there.

Aaaand the last thing I watched G4 for is officially gone. *moment of silence for TechTV and G4*

It's good that some other channel has E3 coverage. I love watching it on TV.

Kenturoxx

I never really liked G4 but I loved their E3 coverage. I have always watched E3 on TV since like 05 but I'm not really a fan of Spike's coverage.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So. Where can I watch Sony conference if I don't have a computer? I only have a WP8. Will Sony be streaming their presser on PSN?
Usually they stream it on all the major gaming sites, PS.blog, & Ustream. It should also be available in Home, Ustream in crap quality via the PS3 browser, and there's apparently work being done for a Vita solution.

So GT.com is streaming right. Do you happen to know when the links will go live?
I think this is the hub for their E3 coverage. Nothing there yet though. It'll probably go live next week when they start releasing teasers.

We will be able to stream the Sony conference on the YouTube ps3 app right?
Nope. AFAIK, the console YouTube app on both the 360 & PS3 doesn't support live streams. The only option for the PS3 will be to watch it on the crummy browser or from inside Home. On the 360, I'm sure you'll be able to access the IGN stream via the IGN app, the GT app, and there might also be a Twitch stream available from inside the Twitch app.

For anyone on iOS, it looks like the GT app will carry the streams.

AAujYsB.png

lucius

Does not seem like very good coverage if you are not showing Sony or Ubisofts conferences, yeah the timing excuse, but what about showing it delayed gamers want to see that stuff just as much as Microsoft's and EA stuff. There seems plenty of hours for Spike TV to at least air it even if it is not live. I didn't bring up Nintendo since I could have sworn they said around April they were just going for smaller shows not a conference or is that wrong?

Frolow

Banned
I didn't bring up Nintendo since I could have sworn they said around April they were just going for smaller shows not a conference or is that wrong?
Nintendo is doing a Nintendo Direct on the 11th, a hands-on type of thing for the press, and another conference for retailers.

Does not seem like very good coverage if you are not showing Sony or Ubisofts conferences, yeah the timing excuse, but what about showing it delayed gamers want to see that stuff just as much as Microsoft's and EA stuff. There seems plenty of hours for Spike TV to at least air it even if it is not live. I didn't bring up Nintendo since I could have sworn they said around April they were just going for smaller shows not a conference or is that wrong?

I know it sucks that Sony's and Ubisoft's conferences will not be on tv. I liked watching them on tv ( Gonna miss G4 for this reason) but, spike made the decision and gametrailers had to go along with it even though it probably puts them in a compromising situation. I'm pretty sure Geoff and the gametrailers crew will have live demo's of the games Sony and Ubisoft show off at their press conferences.

Top Bottom