• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike TV named the official and exclusive broadcast partner of E3 2013

Stupid Rogers just took Spike off the VIP cable tier......the one time of the year where that channel is actually useful SMH

Streaming it is

Yeah i have to wonder how bad the ratings are for this stuff if they can't push another episode of cops back for a bit. They did say Nintendo's conferences had the best ratings the last few years

PTG

I don't understand why Spike isn't broadcasting Sony's press conference on TV. I'm pretty sure more people would watch Sony's E3 presentation than 1000 ways to die.

Strike

So Sony's conference won't be airing on TV this year. Anyone know a good place to watch for those who don't have Vitas
yet
?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I don't understand why Spike isn't broadcasting Sony's press conference on TV. I'm pretty sure more people would watch Sony's E3 presentation than 1000 ways to die.
You also have to factor in that their regular primetime programming is filled with ads while a 2 hour Sony conference during primetime would have to be free from commercial breaks or else people would just jump over to one of the dozens streams that will be available. If anyone is at fault here, it's Sony. They should have worked out a deal with Spike or some other channel after G4 died. At the very least they should have written a PS3 video app ages ago so people could get a high quality stream for these events instead of being stuck with the PS3 browser/Home.

So Sony's conference won't be airing on TV this year. Anyone know a good place to watch for those who don't have Vitas
yet
?
If you have a 360+Gold you could use one of the media apps (IGN, GT, Twitch) to watch it. If you have a PC, Sony should have a stream up on Ustream. GT's stream should also be good.

You also have to factor in that their regular primetime programming is filled with ads while a 2 hour Sony conference during primetime would have to be free from commercial breaks or else people would just jump over to one of the dozens streams that will be available. If anyone is at fault here, it's Sony. They should have worked out a deal with Spike or some other channel after G4 died. At the very least they should have written a PS3 video app ages ago so people could get a high quality stream for these events instead of being stuck with the PS3 browser/Home.

If you have a 360+Gold you could use one of the media apps (IGN, GT, Twitch) to watch it. If you have a PC, Sony should have a stream up on Ustream. GT's stream should also be good.

Since Sony's conference is not gonna be on tv they are probably gonna go all out and have it streaming everywhere they possibly can.

Takao

Banned
If you have the choice, why would anyone choose to watch this on live television instead of live streaming on the internet?

Seriously, there is absolutely no advantage to watching E3 on Spike TV versus watching E3 on gametrailers.com

Somebody tell me what I am missing here.

If you have the choice, why would anyone choose to watch this on live television instead of live streaming on the internet?

Seriously, there is absolutely no advantage to watching E3 on Spike TV versus watching E3 on gametrailers.com

it's all about the comfy couch dudebro

Takao

Banned

My cable connection is a lot more reliable than my internet. No potential buffering during cool moments, or shitty resolutions.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.

I have a poor internet connection. Satellite is all that is available in my area. I can stream the conferences, even in HD if it is a clear day, but that isn't always the case. With television I don't have to worry about buffering, resolution, my download limit, or even the weather (mostly).

Top Bottom