• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGAs Reveals [Use the new thread linked at the end of this one.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindle

Banned
I'm thinking Corey Barlogs new game could be revealed. CD months ago said we would hear more about it at the end of the year.

Alphahawk

I still think Spike should just ditch the award aspect of this thing and just make it about the reveals. That's all anybody really comes for anyways.

Globox_82

Banned
I'm thinking Corey Barlogs new game could be revealed. CD months ago said we would hear more about it at the end of the year.

he is the shit.
If I remember correctly he came up with Kratos look and showed it to Jaffe and he liked it. He had huge roll on making GOW and lets' not forget he was GOW 2 creative director and I think he wrote Ghost of sparta script.

Would love to see what Respawn is up to and something new from Cyberpunk! But as long as Destiny and a tease for next gen are shown, nothing else really matters.

Geoff, please get on stage with Mtn Dew in one hand and Doritos pack in another just to show you are a cool guy and can play along the meme.

No! I hate that lady! she wants a special treatment because she is a "gamer" *sigh*

The fuck? No. She was speaking out against some people who flamed her for thinking she didn't play games at all.

I was in the NeoGAF thread, some people were being assholes about her. I don't blame her at all.

AHA-Lambda

Related?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=02l1KlzK_Gs

PS: Can I still ask why everyone thought TLOU reveal last year was so good? I think the game looks good but boy was I pissed off once it was unveiled. After all of Geoff's hyping as "something mindblowing and earth shattering that no one in the industry will see coming" we got a cutscene from a zombie game from Naughty Dog.

I get everyone loves ND but there was no meat to that reveal at all. Lesson learned anyway, I trust Keighley about as far as I can throw him and I won't watch the VGAs this time after tuning in the past 2 years.

Pranay

Related?

PS: Can I still ask why everyone thought TLOU reveal last year was so good? I think the game looks good but boy was I pissed off once it was unveiled. After all of Geoff's hyping as "something mindblowing and earth shattering that no one in the industry will see coming" we got a cutscene from a zombie game from Naughty Dog.

I get everyone loves ND but there was no meat to that reveal at all. Lesson learned anyway, I trust Keighley about as far as I can throw him and I won't watch the VGAs this time after tuning in the past 2 years.

No one expected an ND game and it looked great and it has still lived up to its height after a year.

Regarding that video ? why is their no thread on that /?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm not nearly excited enough by any of these to actually watch these awards after the disaster that was last year's show.

vic2020

Neo Member
I'm hoping Project Zwei will be revealed. Wasnt Skyrim announced at VGAs? since that was also from bethesda

Kouichi

Hmm, no mention of an unannounced PS3 game? I was hoping for Sucker Punch's next game to be shown at the VGAs.

THE:MILKMAN

Related?

To be fair to Geoff, he was amazed because ND had managed to assemble a complete second team and keep it secret for two years.

At least that is how I took "something mindblowing and earth shattering that no one in the industry will see coming" in hindsight.

Globox_82

Banned
Related?

For most of the people it was mindblowing. Just because it didn't hit your notes doesn't make it non-mindblowing.

No one knew that ND had a second team working on a new IP for almost 2 years, and it getting announced just a few months after U3. Naughty Dog is one of the best studios around that made maybe best game of this gen (U2) but that is subjective. All of this made it a big deal.

It was genuine surprise and Geoff delivered.

AHA-Lambda

To be fair to Geoff, he was amazed because ND had managed to assemble a complete second team and keep it secret for two years.

At least that is how I took "something mindblowing and earth shattering that no one in the industry will see coming" in hindsight.

Maybe it's just me then but ND having a second secret team to me isn't "industry shattering". And don't get me wrong I am looking forward to TLOU but it was only until I seen actually gameplay out of E3 that it registered on my radar personally.

AHA-Lambda

For most of the people it was mindblowing. Just because it didn't hit your notes doesn't make it non-mindblowing.

No one knew that ND had a second team working on a new IP for almost 2 years, and it getting announced just a few months after U3. Naughty Dog is one of the best studios around that made maybe best game of this gen (U2) but that is subjective. All of this made it a big deal.

It was genuine surprise and Geoff delivered.

OK fine maybe it is just me but a new zombie game from ND doesn't fall under the mindblowing category to me.

Thores

WB Games always likes representing at these things, so I'm semi expecting Arkham 3 (or silver age Batman) and something involving Injustice, like a character(s) reveal or a story trailer.

Globox_82

Banned
OK fine maybe it is just me but a new zombie game from ND doesn't fall under the mindblowing category to me.

that's my point. Just because it doesn't interest you, that doesn't make it less surprising or mind blowing.
Overall gamers were surprised go back and read reactions.

If HL3 was annonced this moment I would not give a shit, but that doesn't make it non-blowing just cuz globox_82 thinks so.

I would still recognize it as HUGe news. Just as neogaf reaction from last year suggests TLOU was huge surprise.

GhaleonEB

Primarily looking forward to Destiny; I really can't wait to see what Bungie is up to. Sings do seem to point to its reveal soon.

ironcreed

Banned
gabriel.jpg

Bring it. Any other surprises will be welcome, but I want to see this in action more than anything.

Gorillaz

Gotta agree with what someone else said, would love to see GG new ip. I heard it was suppose to be a killzone and final fantasy mix...,,,or something close to that.

AHA-Lambda

that's my point. Just because it doesn't interest you, that doesn't make it less surprising or mind blowing.
Overall gamers were surprised go back and read reactions.

If HL3 was annonced this moment I would not give a shit, but that doesn't make it non-blowing just cuz globox_82 thinks so.

I would still recognize it as HUGe news. Just as neogaf reaction from last year suggests TLOU was huge surprise.

You're right, you are right, I just learned my lesson from it to never trust Keighley again, personally.

Atruvius

What if there's a Uncharted 4 trailer which ends with a Playstation 4 logo! There must be at least on next gen game trailer there. But they'll probably end the show with Guerillas next game.

Meelow

Banned
I usually watch VGA's (I know) on the TV but if there is a live stream to it I rather watch it on their?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
What if there's a Uncharted 4 trailer which ends with a Playstation 4 logo! There must be at least on next gen game trailer there. But they'll probably end the show with Guerillas next game.
Well, it's speculated that 4 due to it being an unlucky number in Japanese (homophone for death) won't be used in the name for the next generation PlayStation. But of course that wouldn't stop them from showing a name of some sort. They could use the codename Orbis and show some concept art or something, like the PlayStation 9 video from the early 2000's. Uncharted 4 I don't know if I would want to see this early, I think it would be nicer to leave Naughty Dog as much space as possible to exploit the architecture of the new console to a high degree. A tech demo I'd be glad for, and it would probably be best for Sony to save the big guns until GDC or E3 2013; unless Microsoft begins to flex its DirectX biceps.

Persona86

Banned
Please less random weird stuff and more focus on actual games this year, thank you.

(although some of the stuff appears so weird and bad that it's good haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom