• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGAs Thread: [Update: FINALLY a funny joke descends upon the show post #4807]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Green Scar said:
Er, lots of people liked Darksiders, right?

Bah, what do I care, we all know that we ain't hearing anything on Zelda until GDC, most likely.
Yes, but in Darksiders the main character looks like this.

cATSq.jpg

Perhaps if Link looked like this.

1C88W.jpg

gofreak said:
Sorry if old - can anyone else confirm this? According to the stick of joy, Sony is apparently revealing a PS3 game the day after the awards, at 2pm PDT. It may be related, perhaps Spike has the exclusive first dibs with a general announcement the day after.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/19/sony-revealing-new-ps3-exclusive-dec-12/

From what I heard through the grapevine, Sony had two games they wanted revealing around that time. If the VGA's have one Sony game reveal (which we know they have at least one) then this second reveal the day after would make sense for me.

Sony aren't done for 2011, even though their line up is top notch.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
TheOddOne said:
Did Geoff confirm if Microsoft Game Studios or Nintendo are gonna show stuff? Sony is the only one confirmed till now.
Nope, only Sony, EA, and Warner are confirmed.

That said, I'd be willing to bet large sums of money that Microsoft will be there and Nintendo will not.

TheOddOne

Nirolak said:

That said, I'd be willing to bet large sums of money that Microsoft will be there and Nintendo will not.
I'm gonna twitter him.

Ya never know he might spill it :)

Nirolak said:

Frankly, Microsoft need to be there. They have fuck all between now and September.

A Halo CE HD remake won't be enough for me.

TheOddOne

Galvanise_ said:
Frankly, Microsoft need to be there. They have fuck all between now and September.

I first heard the rumour a month ago in the Kinect thread that they where using the VGA's to announce new games (Insiders? Some had beta Kinects).

Then the IGN rumour comes up mentioning (again) MGS using the VGA to introduce some big action games, including new titles for the Kinect.

Most Microsoft rumours do come true, even when their was big skepticism it became true.

Next years looks healty (for me though): Next Forza, Project Draco, Haunt, Codename D and Gears 3.

Lakitu

st5fu
Galvanise_ said:

Yeah, indeed. Quite frankly I'm sick of hearing about Kinect all the time.

TheOddOne said:
Next years looks healty (for me though): Next Forza, Project Draco, Haunt, Codename D and Gears 3.

Nice. I'm not on the Kinect bandwagon so its thin for me before september. Won't be touching Forza because I'll likely still be slogging through GT5.

I hope they reveal one of those action games for the first half of next year.

Pooya

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/arch...pixel-is-ready-to-announce-a-new-project.aspx
not exactly VGA
Are you ready for an announcement for an announcement? Twisted Pixel Games (Splosion Man, Comic Jumper) is preparing to announce its new project in a few short weeks.

If you’re curious what the demented coders at Twisted Pixel have been working on these last couple months then tune into the 1:00am showing of Game Trailers TV on Thursday, December 2nd on Spike TV. Viewers will get the full scoop about this mysterious news. Fans can also periodically check out TwistedPixelGames to catch hints of what to expect.

Super dedicated fans can follow Twisted Pixel on twitter (@TwistedPixJay and @mrwilford) for the most up-to-the-minute updates. That might earn you some brownie points, which are the best kind of points, but the worst kinds of brownie.

http://www.twistedpixel.com/
http://www.twistedpixelgames.com/

Lime

les papillons sexuels said:
I'm hoping we see more from the Mech Warrior reboot. It's been a while since any thing has been said or shown.

I can't imagine they have gotten a publisher to fund the project. Expect it to be dead until there are new rumblings.

Rad-

Lime said:
I can't imagine they have gotten a publisher to fund the project. Expect it to be dead until there are new rumblings.

Or MS is now publishing it and it's a Kinect game. :lol

But seriously, that could very well happen.

Edit: Looking at the developer's homepage, it still seems to be in development. They also have an original IP in development for 360 by the looks of it.

V_Ben

Banned
TheOddOne said:
Seems Nirolak might be right.

Ooh. The plot thickens.

Edit: Hmm, ok. That MTV site has this on it;
IWqkp.jpg

and, the title of the page is "xjlsielookxlhwicloser"

So... perhaps there's a hidden word in there.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
TheOddOne said:
Finally confirmed! Now if Nintendo joins the party hype levels are gonna go trough the roof.
Have there ever been any Wii, DS, or even Japanese games unveiled at the VGAs?

Arnie

I'd love a realtime trailer for that Crytek exclusive Codename: Kingdoms, we don't really know anything about that game although I assume it's coming next year.

I also want an Uncharted 3 trailer, as does about 90% of posters on GAF.

TheOddOne

Geoff getting more vague about the PS3 game reveal.
@geoffkeighley if SONY reveals it during the VGA why would it need to a separate event? is it that BIG? is it a game changer for SCE?
@Almir_K Great questions. Look closer.
Zombie reveal related to the PS3 game?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The only "murder" related SCE game that I could think of was Ghost Hunter (PS2 survival horror game).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I should probably update this thread as well since it's the compilation.

Kotaku said:
While the invite makes no mention of the game (or games) that Sony will have present at its event, the next Naughty Dog game seems like a distinct possibility. That's because we've heard from a source that Uncharted 3 will have its video debut at the VGAs on December 11, so an extended reveal for one of Sony's biggest franchise titles the next day seems plausible.

And since we've heard that select press has already seen Uncharted 3, an opportunity for the rest of us to go eyes on with what Naughty Dog has cooking would certainly be appreciated.
Source: http://kotaku.com/5694814/sony-has-exclusive-playstation-3-reveal-the-day-after-spike-vgas

TheOddOne

I hope they revisit India, that locale wasn't used too its fullest.

Does anybody know if there was a hardware reveal at a VGA show?

Cmagus

Im gonna throw my vote in the alien infected thing being Resistance 3 teaser at VGA and possible gameplay the next day

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Ten? That's a lot of new games.

Top Bottom