• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Global Testfire Download Live in Japan

Grylvak

EDIT: Demo is now available to download on the US eShop

Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1352443

408MB Download

Downloaded from Japanese eShop and shows in English on my US console.

Title Screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggyCCBHabsE&feature=youtu.be

C62n8qdVsAA_7Mm.jpg:orig

C62ogz9U8AAUQCt.jpg:orig

Splat me to high heaven if old

Music is so good. Playing at PAX with the Splat Duelies/dodge ability got me really excited for this test fire. Got a handful of friends who will be meeting up to play together as well. Should be fun!

Is this playable now using the Japanese version in the US?
C62y_XPV0AAGzG6.jpg

Compsiox

Banned
We're absolutely starved for any game we can get our hands on. Even those we can't play yet.
/s

Mik2121

Let me download that on my brand new Switch!

That I can't ****ing find anywhere because it's been sold out everywhere forever!! (yes I know, it's been less than 2 weeks since release, leave me alone :(...)

Mik2121

The pun doesn't work in Japanese. Also I am glad they didn't because it's a bad pun.

It kinda does:

スプラトゥーン vs スプラツーン

I mean, it's a terrible pun and thank god they didn't use it. But hey...

Let me download that on my brand new Switch!

That I can't ****ing find anywhere because it's been sold out everywhere forever!! (yes I know, it's been less than 2 weeks since release, leave me alone :(...)

For real, I wanna play this and Zelda ;(
My daughter has a wiiu I can borrow, but I don't wanna play on that.

I'm pretty sure if you own a Switch, Splatoon will be a must have right? (asking since I never played the first one).

I had a Wii U but never really got into the first one. But by all reports it was incredibly fun and a very refreshing take on the genre. Also had a decent little campaign and a rollout of free extra maps and features that went on for the better part of a year following release. The drip-feed of content was a bit controversial but arguably kept the relatively small player-base engaged for longer in the long-term. I don't believe we've heard what the content plan is for 2, but strike me down if we actually have.

I had a Wii U but never really got into the first one. But by all reports it was incredibly fun and a very refreshing take on the genre. Also had a decent little campaign and a rollout of free extra maps and features that went on for the better part of a year following release. The drip-feed of content was a bit controversial but arguably kept the relatively small player-base engaged for longer in the long-term. I don't believe we've heard what the content plan is for 2, but strike me down if we actually have.

Sweet. I need my shooter fix on the Switch, and this sounds like it'll deliver.

It sold like 4 million copies and never felt like a small player base for me.

walei

Thanks to the Switch reveal event I will forever pronounce the name as

SplatoooOOOOOONNNNN TWO!

I need this game.

ramparter

Banned
Lol why are people eager to download the Japanese version, we will soon have ours.

I wonder if there going to be direct before - probably just a 2-3 min video that will randomly be uploaded on Nintendo channel.

Where is the install link? I can't find it on the Nintendo website.

Can't wait to play!
Its not playable.

KtSlime

Lol why are people eager to download the Japanese version, we will soon have ours.

I wonder if there going to be direct before - probably just a 2-3 min video that will randomly be uploaded on Nintendo channel.

Its not playable.

Not today, in 10 days. Still can't wait. The Japanese version is my version.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Yesssss.

I'm in day one for Mario Kart but I think I'm actually more excited for this Splatoon 'demo' than I am about that lol.

Top Bottom