• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenspider

So Academy Rainmaker has NO alternate route to the goal? You HAVE to go through that bottleneck??

That is fucking stupid. You can't make a push worth anything unless you get a wipe! And it's absurdly easy for someone to shark there because of that. I dropped from almost reaching S+ down to A+ because of that stage.

Tower control gets all kinds of alternate route blocks placed. Why the shit does rainmaker not? Even just that block that is to the left of the ramp would help.

I've been stacking special perks and tenta missles just to break that nasty little party up behind the wall.

I'm a bit surprised there's no way up the right side, but that would be such a strong flank it would break the stage. Maybe just the tower control block on the the right side of the platform and moving the rainmaker pedestal to the way back instead of below the spawn would help...

Honestly I really enjoy that stage. Humpack and Shipyard are the ones that kill me (only >50% winrate) for RM. The defensive high ground is worthless, and even if you wipe there is so much spawn to take back - the team that doesn't pop first is likely on their heels for the rest of the match.

Maxinas

Is playin Salmon Run with ransoms always full of Rambo style players who take on the entire enemy team instead of saving teammates?

Hey, i had to do it once because all of my team members were massacred by surrounding salmonid bosses, so i had to Rambo my way through to save them. Felt like a god when we survived.

Hey, i had to do it once because all of my team members were massacred by surrounding salmonid bosses, so i had to Rambo my way through to save them. Felt like a god when we survived.

To save them yea, but some just ignoring your teammates is counter intuitive but that's exactly why some of them do.

Did anyone get that Hightide Era Band Tee from Splatnet that had swim speed up? I missed it due to work, so I'd like to try to order it off someone

Gartooth

I think there should be a better notification in game once you get to level 30, that Judd will give you Super Sea Snails for each level up. I had no idea until I looked it up online, because there's zero point to talking to Judd in this game compared to Splatoon 1 where you got coins for doing well.

Also decided to switch to the female Inkling since I have played the male one for my 70 hours of gameplay. I didn't even know I could do it until I found out about player settings in the option menu.

Splatoon has taken over the house. My wife who never games, has been playing this game on the daily. My son is also fairly obsessed with the game and is frustrated that Salmon Run is only open on certain times.

Nintendo has really done it

Jintor

I was just at a live splatornament and it was dope

Immediately eliminated though cos I randomed into a few teams and just got rolled

Jims

Wow, the rollers in this game are so bad. Its kind of shocking what Nintendo did to them. Wanted to try out the Flingza Roller in some Turf since I played a little CoroCoro in the first game... And, man, is it bad. Like what is the point of the long fling if you have to be standing right next to them to do more than 40.0 damage? You may as well just play Slosher if you wanna play that game.

Gartooth

So after doing a massive amount of grinding I have all pieces of clothing I own fully upgraded. I'm planning to spend a lot of snails and coins on re-rolling and getting ability chunks.

What are considered the best and worst abilities? From what I have seen online it looks like it isn't worth getting more than 2 of each ability, and some just don't cause enough of a difference to matter.

So after doing a massive amount of grinding I have all pieces of clothing I own fully upgraded. I'm planning to spend a lot of snails and coins on re-rolling and getting ability chunks.

What are considered the best and worst abilities? From what I have seen online it looks like it isn't worth getting more than 2 of each ability, and some just don't cause enough of a difference to matter.

There's no best or worst abilities, it depends on what weapon set you're using and your play style.

J@hranimo

Banned
Wow, the rollers in this game are so bad. Its kind of shocking what Nintendo did to them. Wanted to try out the Flingza Roller in some Turf since I played a little CoroCoro in the first game... And, man, is it bad. Like what is the point of the long fling if you have to be standing right next to them to do more than 40.0 damage? You may as well just play Slosher if you wanna play that game.

Yeah that vertical flick for the Flingza doesn't make much sense. The splat roller is the best of the bunch, but all rollers horizontal flicks were nerfed in some way.

Hopefully they make the correct adjustments in a future patch. I still like the splat roller and carbon roller in this game.

Yeah, I feel like the default roller is the only one that isn't complete garbage. The other ones are just "Why aren't you playing bucket you moron?" I really wanted to love the Flingza roller, but it's just not happening.

So it's still a loss in Rainmaker if an entire team drops once they take the lead and has possession of the rainmaker? We sat there for 2 minutes with no rainmaker on the board.

Fix that bs Nintendo.

Rahk

Splatoon has taken over the house. My wife who never games, has been playing this game on the daily. My son is also fairly obsessed with the game and is frustrated that Salmon Run is only open on certain times.

Nintendo has really done it
Yeah. My wife has never really played games, but we've been playing together taking turns daily and even considered getting another Switch briefly but they're all sold out here.

She's actually gotten pretty good at it and occasionally complains about the matchmaking and crappy teammates like a true gamer.

Gartooth

There's no best or worst abilities, it depends on what weapon set you're using and your play style.

True, what I was mostly getting at was what abilities provide the biggest gameplay difference as you stack them. Ink Resistance has a huge difference, but Swim Speed has hardly any from what I've seen.

True, what I was mostly getting at was what abilities provide the biggest gameplay difference as you stack them. Ink Resistance has a huge difference, but Swim Speed has hardly any from what I've seen.

Once you get used to Swim Speed you really miss it when it's not there.

Also, it's not clear but each gear's main ability is stronger than 3 sub abilities combined.

I like those two abilities. 2 main Ink Resistance in Splatoon 2 = 1 main Ink Resistance in Splatoon 1, which is the max you can have in S1 so that's good enough. And I believe Swim Speed get less nerf in S2, 1 main Swim Speed and 2 main Ink Resistance is great for grabbing the rainmaker.

Hugstable

Banned
Good to know Ink Resistance is good. Found out I have both shoes and shirt that have 3 Ink Resistences each, and a headband that has 1 Ink Resistence and 2 Main Weapon Savers, hoping to get 1 more Ink Resistence on the headband with ability chunks ( I just found out about scrubbing and chunks during splatfest). Forbmy headband, is Main Weapon saver better than the Ink RefIll thing? I got like 30 of the Ink Refill ability chunks and it sounds good to me lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
O man that was intense saved rainmaker for my team. They were about to score and I super jumped back to spawn while in the spawn area on the race track. Swam straight to the advancing team and wiped them all out. Time eventually ran out and we won.

The height of fashion.

36397458931_f939d6ec0b_h.jpg

Jims

Oh my gosh, the quality of Salmon Run players super-late at night is so good. Just play at 1 or 2 AM Eastern, guys, that's when the sharks are clearly out. Salmon Run After Dark. I normally have trouble breaking past 215% consistently with randoms, but just breezed past 235% without that much of a problem. It could just be a nice weapon comp, but the awareness of these late nighters is really high. No one gets really stubborn and tries to push through alone, no one hangs around the shoreline longer than needed. I even saw people kiting those shield guys and Maws back to the bucket.

The Glowflies Rush round is so much fun with the Tri-Slosher. I got the Glowflies first, beckoned the whole team back to the bucket, and we just chopped 'em up for the entire duration. That weapon and the Sploosh is so fun for that round. You just insta-win if everyone is in position.

Nintendo, feel free to nerf the evil green bucket in multiplayer, leave it alone for Salmon Run. Thanks. :)

Mediking

Good to know Ink Resistance is good. Found out I have both shoes and shirt that have 3 Ink Resistences each, and a headband that has 1 Ink Resistence and 2 Main Weapon Savers, hoping to get 1 more Ink Resistence on the headband with ability chunks ( I just found out about scrubbing and chunks during splatfest). Forbmy headband, is Main Weapon saver better than the Ink RefIll thing? I got like 30 of the Ink Refill ability chunks and it sounds good to me lol

Impressive...

dgco86

Just encountered a moron named HEITZE on Salmon Run who was deliberately jumping into the water over and over again. SMH. Is there any way to report him/her? I've already blocked him/her.

8bit

Knows the Score
How do people manage to end up dead before the round starts in Salmon Run? It doesn‘t even look as if they left the spawn point.

Just encountered a moron named HEITZE on Salmon Run who was deliberately jumping into the water over and over again. SMH. Is there any way to report him/her? I've already blocked him/her.
Though the app-
Wait, no. The app doesn't track Salmon Run. SOL here.
How do people manage to end up dead before the round starts in Salmon Run? It doesn‘t even look as if they left the spawn point.
I've accidentally jumped straight into water as the tide rose more than I care to admit...

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Finally gave Salmon Run a go. Marooner's Bay is really nice (my kinds of weapons), high tides are fairly relaxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom