• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT2| From Smallfry to FlyFish in 5 Easy Steps!

Koren

That's good to hear, then. I don't know much about it since I started to play the game yesterday, haha.
Just press X pretty much anywhere on plazza/lobbies, and go to the third tab IIRC. They tell you which maps are active and will be in the coming hours, and the next 3-4 sessions of Salmon Run.

IIRC, here, it stops today at 8PM, but start again tomorrow at 8PM for 24+h.

Just press X pretty much anywhere on plazza/lobbies, and go to the third tab IIRC. They tell you which maps are active and will be in the coming hours, and the next 3-4 sessions of Salmon Run.

IIRC, here, it stops today at 8PM, but start again tomorrow at 8PM for 24+h.

I see, thanks for the tips.

MouldyK

front roll is probably some of the worst teams i've ever had in splatoon
no one takes the fucking high points to suppress

I guess front roll will win the popular vote 90-10 and lose the rest

I am now getting regular Backroll Matches and I can say that we have lost this.

Like, instead of grouping the Elite to play these Backrolls...my Sucky Teams are playing them!

-shadow-

How long is this Splatfest still going to last? I thought it was supposed to already be finished by fifteen minutes now?

maouvin

Salmon rush is tons of fun. This is supposed to be a time locked mode no?

Salmon Run goes for 24 or 36 hours (mostly 24h) and then closes for 18h.

Since it's simultaneous worldwide sometimes the uptime hours might not work nicely for you, but then the next one is usually much better.

phanphare

Banned
Should I use motion control :D

yes

play with your sensitivity settings to dial it in to your preference

there is absolutely a learning curve though so it might feel awkward at first. some players seem to get the hang of it instantly while it might take other players a couple of hours to get the hang of it. the single player campaign is a good place to get acclimated.

Should I use motion control :D

You should totally give it a shot. Running through the campaign mode is the best way to get used to it.

It's not as effective as a learning tool as it was in the first game because the game throws a lot of different weapons at you to use (learning new weapons + learning motion controls is rough) but it's still a great way to get used to them without playing against actual people.

LeFAIS

Well that was the worst Splatfest ever, even though we’re just three Splatfests in. Front Roll vs Back Roll, had the worst matchmaking ever, barely found any games vs Team Back Roll.

At least we have the popular vote in, I’m scared for the rest...

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Well that was the worst Splatfest ever, even though we’re just three Splatfests in. Front Roll vs Back Roll, had the worst matchmaking ever, barely found any games vs Team Back Roll.

Yeah I was in the Front team and most of the Front vs Back games were tough and often won by Back.

I guess we'll win the vote but not the games.

made it to champion 80 for back roll. so close.
too little time with the nintendo championships and other stuff to watch.
won and lost about the same amount. some bad teams though.

i joined back roll for the simple reason to avoid too many own team vs own team matches.
worked okay enough.

Well that was the worst Splatfest ever, even though we're just three Splatfests in. Front Roll vs Back Roll, had the worst matchmaking ever, barely found any games vs Team Back Roll.

At least we have the popular vote in, I'm scared for the rest...

Of the 6 splatfest results since the game launched, only one (Japan Mayo vs Ketchup) has been won by the team that won the popularity part. Probably should be worried :p

MouldyK

EU Splatfest Results:

fKptKtp.jpg

No way did Front Win more Solo Matches...me, my friend and GAF made it sound like we were getting crushed!

But I never doubted my Gremlin Girl!

when you sign up for a splatfest, do you have to do anything or just play normally?

Once you pick a side, you'll get a shirt that you'll be forced to wear during it. The Splatfest itself is a 24 hour event that you can verify the time of on the giant TV.

When Splatfest starts, it's only Turf War for 24 hours. Just play during that time to contribute.

Reminding on Salmon Run

-During MotherShip rounds if you have the Stingray, use the Stingray BEFORE the Mothership clamps onto the jar. Use it when it starts to rev, which Grizz will comment on. This is when the Mother Ship can start to take damage and the Stingray will also pop the spawning enemies right next to the jar, making it easy to collect their eggs. And only use ONE Stingray and only on the first attack if possible. If you used the Stingray properly on the first attack, you'll have plenty of eggs to deflect the Ship normally for the second attack.
-During Glowfly rounds on Spawning Grounds, get on the elevated platform next to the jar and

DON'T.

LEAVE.

IT.

I know it's super tempting to get eggs that fell down the side or whatever because HOLY SHIT, ONE WHOLE EGG MANG!!!!!!!!! but if you hold that position you will be drowning in eggs. And I know it's also super tempting to start pushing the mob by going to the left, but that leaves our assholes totally exposed to mobs swarming from the right by the catwalks to run up our assholes.
-During Griller rounds on Spawning Grounds, bait the Griller AWAY from the jar. Go to the zig-zag platform across the "jump" from the jar and stand at the top. Here, there is only one, predictable path the Griller has to travel which you can also easily use to bait and attack the Griller if you're on your own on the insanely rare chance your allies are no where to be seen.

EU Splatfest Results:

fKptKtp.jpg

No way did Front Win more Solo Matches...me, my friend and GAF made it sound like we were getting crushed!

popularity win and solo matches too. interesting result

Damn, they fucked up Rollers hard core in this game. I feel sorry for folks who love to use Rollers.

as a roller main.
i wish they were better ,but you gotta try to make it work

Biske

Did they? I feel like that's the only thing I'm good with!

I'm far from a roller main, but I could competently do some rolling, but they feel very off and then making the jump splash just a vertical line... Why bother? I'll just use a slosher at that point. I don't understand the mentality.

And thinking of it, I never really see any rollers holding down the fort and terrorizing the map any more, maybe the game play has just changed, but I feel like they went too far and broke em.

GWX

I wish I understood the “crack” behavior in ranked. I mean:

DLpSu_VV4AA9Obt

This gave me one crack in the rank progression bar. Such mechanic would make sense if it took into consideration my performance, despite my team. It cleary doesn’t, though, and so it sucks.

Koren

Did they? I feel like that's the only thing I'm good with!
I was more than roller main in S1, I basically used Carbon 99% of the time.

I stopped using rollers in S2. So yes, they changed it and I didn't like the changes at least.

random25

Damn, they fucked up Rollers hard core in this game. I feel sorry for folks who love to use Rollers.

Rollers are still strong in this game. Not as terrorizing as in S1, but still a weapon of choice. Both kits are favorites in ranked, especially now that both have buffed specials.

The only things that need improvement are the other roller types.

Branduil

Holy shit I cannot fucking kill anybody with the bamboozler to save my fucking life. No one in history has ever been worse at anything than I am with this weapon.

watershed

Banned
I really wish spectator mode was available for all online modes. I want to watch more high level players and see what strategies they use on different stages in different modes.

Kinokou

EU Splatfest Results:

fKptKtp.jpg

Wow, is that the first time since the Splatoon 1 splatfest tweak that the majority team won?

Branduil

I cannot fucking win the Sloshing Machine any more, even though it's my best weapon. I'm down from 18 to 5 without a single fucking win in that time. Just another message from the creators of this game to me that I'm fucking worthless and should cease to exist.

Koren

Getting nerfed in a couple of days. They buffed all of the specials, but the baller became unstoppable.
Buffing all specials against baller isn't the same as nerfing the baller. I still think its explosive power has a slightly too large radius now, but that's a matter of opinion, I guess.

I was surprised not seeing more gold aerosprays during the splatfest, though.

Rollers are still strong in this game. Not as terrorizing as in S1, but still a weapon of choice. Both kits are favorites in ranked, especially now that both have buffed specials.
Unless I'm mistaken, only Carbon and Splat are usable, though. And I really don't think they're good if you face someone (in S1, it was krak-on and dynamo that were popular).

The only things that need improvement are the other roller types.
Like? Brushes? Octobrush is a really, really good weapon no?

Holy shit I cannot fucking kill anybody with the bamboozler to save my fucking life. No one in history has ever been worse at anything than I am with this weapon.
I exist, so you're wrong. I'm sure I'm worse than you with chargers. ;)

I really wish spectator mode was available for all online modes. I want to watch more high level players and see what strategies they use on different stages in different modes.
Same... I'd even want to see this as e-sports with someone commenting on strategies. There's no spectator mode at all, or did I miss something?

Wow, is that the first time since the Splatoon 1 splatfest tweak that the majority team won?
Not really...

Just in S1, Ice Cream did it in the splatfest test (in both area), and both Rock and Mayo did it in Japan.

random25

Unless I'm mistaken, only Carbon and Splat are usable, though. And I really don't think they're good if you face someone (in S1, it was krak-on and dynamo that were popular).

Like? Brushes? Octobrush is a really, really good weapon no?

I think brushes and rollers are different categories. What I refer to other rollers are the rollers that aren't Splat Rollers (Dynamo, flingza, etc). Ever since 1.3.0, splat rollers have become a little more popular, especially in ranked. Splashdown and baller buffs really did wonders.

I exist, so you're wrong. I'm sure I'm worse than you with chargers

With the bamboozler it's worth noting that shots go the same distance regardless of charge so if you just tap shoot after scoring a charged hit then the uncharged shot should net you the splat :3

Doopliss

-During Griller rounds on Spawning Grounds, bait the Griller AWAY from the jar. Go to the zig-zag platform across the "jump" from the jar and stand at the top. Here, there is only one, predictable path the Griller has to travel which you can also easily use to bait and attack the Griller if you're on your own on the insanely rare chance your allies are no where to be seen.
We like to stand with everyone on the ledge next to the basket. Grillers can be stunned and defeated right as they're turning around the basket, leaving the eggs in a very convenient place for depositing. Smallfry can only get to you from one direction so the team is unlikely ever to get swarmed. The only time it's necessary to go anywhere else is if the griller is approaching from the grates, in which case the player it is chasing should drop down to the middle (they can even stick to the wall below the ledge, safe from smallfry) until the griller has gone far enough that it will circle the whole way round when they climb back up.

watershed

Banned
Getting sucked back into the loop of buying new clothes and unlocking all the abilities and then changing weapons to best suit the new abilities and then changing fashions to best suit my style then changing weapons to suit the abilities of the clothes is an addicting loop.

Top Bottom