• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT2| From Smallfry to FlyFish in 5 Easy Steps!

NotLiquid

Easier than the first games OT
cOMxgrx.png

Good times

Wonder if we can go past OT4 that's the amount of OT's Splatoon 1 had.

We could've probably managed 2 more OTs for the first game but OT4 was when we all migrated to the Splatoon Discord after it picked up traction lol

13ruce

Banned
Ehhhh... maybe...

Smash Switch OT will prolly have the biggest Switch OT.

I plan on being in alotta OTs for games and stuff I care about. Lol

I know just wondering if it can pass the first Splatoon would be cool. Smash 4 had alot of OT's it was kinda insane:p

And yeah same, i also post in threads of games i like wic explains the high post number in the first OT XD.

Been playing some No Mans Sky but i will play some more Splatoon 2 again just needed a small break after 100 hours of play time since launch:p

We could've probably managed 2 more OTs for the first game but OT4 was when we all migrated to the Splatoon Discord after it picked up traction lol

Ah:eek: i was a lurker back then and i had a stupid hilariously dumb opinion that Splatoon was a stupid game for kiddies....lol

I wish i could find a Splat 2 Pro Controller in stock around me. It would be nice to just walk into Best Buy or Walmart or whatever and just grab one off the shelf.

The Canadian prices online are brutal with people taking advantage of the rarity. :(

13ruce

Banned

Yes skipped the game because of how it looked after watching only a few videos lol did not even try out the splat test on Wii U while owning one at the time. Thought it looked pretty bad looks and gameplay wise and a bit too kiddie for my tastes (at that time).

2 years later played the Splatoon 2 splat test and was like okay this was awesome i was obviously wrong.

Then i bought 1 for 20 bucks played through the story and lots of turf war after and then yeah i became a Splatoon fanatic, bought all amiibo and even want a tattoo now:p

I still find it hilarious myself too:p i think the only videos i watched were the E3 ones back then, never looked up anything Splatoon related after that. Guess i was in my edgy end teen years (19-20 at the time)

DrArchon

Hero Dualies Replica get. Along with all of the remaining scrolls that I missed all of the other times I played through the levels.

That just leaves the Roller, the Charger, the Octobrush, the Blaster, and the Brella. Plus all of the Sardinium and the stamps from the overworld.

Fuck everything.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Speaking of Splatoon 1, even though I had it on WiiU I never played it besides the campaign.

The WiiU was an albatross of a system. I bought one for Bayonetta 2 and was done with it in 2015.

Splatoon 2 on the other hand is the freshest game around on Switch and Ive sank 20+ hours into it (which is nothing compared to most of you)

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
18k Aviators on Splat Net with swim speed up, 3 slots, and run speed up brand bias

seems like a good head piece to farm run speed up chunks
Thank Poseidon its price is not 18k (it's 14k).

TheJoRu

Finally time for OT2. Game is still immensely fun; made it into Rainmaker rank S, but now I feel like I don't belong there, lol. Not that I was carried, it's more that I had a ridiculous win streak where I did legitimately play really well and way better than usual, but now I'm getting totally wrecked.

TheJoRu

18k Aviators on Splat Net with swim speed up, 3 slots, and run speed up brand bias

seems like a good head piece to farm run speed up chunks

Would've been very enticing, looking for swim speed up mains, but I just managed to get 3x run speed up on my Sub Power Up-version of the 18k. Never giving that up.

Top 20 posters in the first OT:
UrnUFzU.png
Wait, really? That's... More than I remember lol.

Aerospray is OP

pls nerf Ninty ;_;
Quoting myself from OT 1:
People don't seem to understand that putting down over 1000p doesn't mean much if you got splatted several times and most of it got cleaned up. If the game gave percentages for how much of your team's ink at the end was actually put down by you, I think several aerosprays would be a bit surprised. They'd still beat others, but not by nearly as much, and largely because the weapons that are actually good at splatting covered for them. Turfing ability don't matter if you're dead.

That's not to say they don't have a place, they certainly do, but they're far from OP and having a team of 4 of them isn't exactly good.

ChrisD

I went through my gear earlier to make a Firefin set to farm up Sub Saver Chunks, and realized that I have no Firefin Shoes! That will slow things down a bit. Crossing fingers for luck rolling it on my other Gear.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I thought Zelda would be my GOTY after 120 hours spent on it. But Splatoon 2 has me addicted like few times before, and its multi-player focus gives it the edge. I'm currently in LOVE with the game.

13ruce

Banned
I thought Zelda would be my GOTY after 120 hours spent on it. But Splatoon 2 has me addicted like few times before, and its multi-player focus gives it the edge. I'm currently in LOVE with the game.

Same here and that's pretty insane tbh since i am a super huge Zelda fan and waited years for that game.

There is still Mario Odyssey tho on the Horizon. And Metroid:p

Mediking

Zelda BOTW is amazing in the beginning and I love the Gerudo.

But its very hard for me to even finish that game. It loses it's fun factor pretty hard.

I been thinking that Nintendo could make Salmon run possible for single player by changing it to a tower defense mode. Of course I love the way Salmon run is right now just thinking of ways they can add more single player content outside of hero mode.

Dyle

Just played my first couple rounds of Turf War with the Splat Brella, I can definitely see it being deadly in the right hands, but I don't think its for me. It's cool having a shotgun weapon, but using it as a shield seems too expensive on ink to be particularly useful in a 1 on 1 fight. I love the idea though and maybe they'll make a variation that fits my playstyle more. Also the losing animation clips into your inkling's head ridiculously obviously, looks super bad

13ruce

Banned
Will they reprint the original Callie and Marie Amiibos or am I doomed?

Yeah they should reprint em Splatoon 2 campaign makes em even more popular/known to newcomers and the Marina and Pearl amiibo's are probably months or a year or so off anyway. So might aswell produce some extra Squid Sister amiibo's in the meantime.

Unless they are planning on new versions or their Splatoon 2 hero mode versions.

Story spoiler:
totally would get evil Callie and kimono Marie

Dyle

Will they reprint the original Callie and Marie Amiibos or am I doomed?

They'll make new ones with Sunglasses Callie and Kimono Marie, but I doubt they'll make new ones in their idol outfits.

I'd put money on them making amiibos for Mr. Grizz and Merch before they reprint the Squid Sisters' idol outfits

Cynosure

what is that 4th weapon in the next salmon run? is it a sniper? 😒
does every session must have at least one of a charger or sniper?

what the point of even trying when it has both

13ruce

Banned
what is that 4th weapon in the next salmon run? is it a sniper? 😒
does every session must have at least one of a charger or sniper?

what the point of even trying when it has both

Yeah it is. And yup XD, even the schedule after has a charger again.

13ruce

Banned
So playing some Splatoon again after a few days and first thing i notice is no furry posts.

Life is good in Inkopolis Square once again.

Edit: really liking that shotgun weapon in turf war.

TI82

Banned
So, I'm going to give up and try to use motion controls since I watched a video from a guy saying that it is the single most important strategy in this game and you won't get past C rank without it.

Any tips? Or just dive in and keep with it?

Dyle

So playing some Splatoon again after a few days and first thing i notice is no furry posts.

Life is good in Inkopolis Square once again.

Edit: really liking that shotgun weapon in turf war.

Furries v normies is the splatfest that will never end. I saw both a "Draw more furries" and "Please stop furries" a few minutes ago

Top Bottom