• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT2| From Smallfry to FlyFish in 5 Easy Steps!

error4041

went 25/21 against team Vampire. Finally got to Queen and called it quits.

Is it just me, or does like, everyone else get better during Splatfest? because normally I can finish turf war matches with a respectable amount of kills and turf inked, but during the Splatfest, I was barely getting any kills while dying a lot and almost always being at the bottom of my team for turf inked.

DMJI9_gUIAA7d9f.jpg
And done. Man that was frustrating.

RamaKun

went 25/21 against team Vampire. Finally got to Queen and called it quits.

Is it just me, or does like, everyone else get better during Splatfest? because normally I can finish turf war matches with a respectable amount of kills and turf inked, but during the Splatfest, I was barely getting any kills while dying a lot and almost always being at the bottom of my team for turf inked.

Its definitely not just you. The pros are definitely out and about during Splatfests.

Most people I went up against today were really good, and Werewolves especially seemed to have the toughest players. After I took a break I came back and lost every single match for a while.

22523698_10155296232254081_1422334018_n.jpg

It got pretty disheartening. XD

Ogodei

That was a weird one. Hit my highest high at 2046 but then plunged all the way to 1835 before recovering to 1922 at the end, slightly above where i started.

I'm very curious what the stats will be. My Vampire-Vampire matches were the ones where i ended up fighting the *really* good players, and i have a suspicion that the good players are starting to choose Pearl by default since she keeps winning after the Preview Splatfest, but that in this case (like in the recent Euro splatfest) Pearl's choice is also more popular.

They'll have to start "balancing" Marina's choices soon if this keeps up.

This iteration of Shifty Station was the best one so far. A simple layout but one that really created an interesting flow of battle.

cheez124

Alright, I think Werewolves are winning this one for sure. I've been getting my ass kicked by them all day. I thought it might've been because I haven't played in a while, but on the other hand, I've been on top of the scoreboard for most of my games.

Sorry fellow Vampires, I did my best. :( At least I had time to make it to King this time

Jims

I thought Vampires were going to win, but from 11 pm to midnight, they were determined to throw every game. Must be a full moon tonight or something.

I love watching an E-Liter sit on top of the wall in The Reef literally the entire game, never move once, and score exactly zero splats.

69% on Shifty Station!? Aside from the obvious pun, that's the highest percentage I've ever got in a match, ever. Holy shit it was a blowout.

ss-hikaru

3v4 matches really suck the fun out of this game... Especially after waiting ages for an 8 player lobby to fill up.

It really hurts as well when you get a full lobby and the counter just keeps going and then it times out and tells you it couldn't find enough players ;A;

Just getting into Splatoon 2. Bought it back when I lived in Japan (moved to Canada in August). Thoughts on my first splatfest (I'm on team power, screw stamina!): everybody seems a lot better than regular matchmaking. I'm not doing terrible, but having very few games where I'm playing very good. I'm having trouble finding matches--not sure if it's the servers fault or a lack of people on team stamina. Kinda sucks spending so much time in the lobby!

Yeah I've got the JP copy too living outside of JP and finding matches for splatfest is a reallll slog. I can find teammates all right but it times out before it can find me someone to play against. So sad because I bought JP based on my experience with Splatoon 1 JP splatfests which was amazing! And now I dread it :(

OryoN

Sorry Wolf gang, I was only able to reach "Champion" level this time. Just wasn't able to log much play time. Worked a late shift today. Thank God for Switch's portability though. I was able to play about 5 matches during various downtime periods on the job(a transport job). Came home and moved up a few levels. Won about 60% of our matches overall(the vast majority played in handheld mode and tabletop mode with Joy-con grip, before Switching to pro controller). Here's hoping we did enough to get the win.

error4041

Got the Gizzco Brella in a Goldie round. The feeling I got as I ripped through everything that dared approach me, as all the frustrations of the Splatfest washed away.

kinda hope they work the Grizzco weapons into a more regular rotation. like once a week.

Maengun1

I loved the first shifty station and miss it lol. I would have been fine if they never bothered changing it because I think the last two have been way worse (this one especially).

Dyle

First Splatfest I didn't make it to King, was getting destroyed on team werewolf over and over again and didn't care for the Shifty Station. Pearl really is this game's Callie, other than the pre release hype it feels like Marina fans get destroyed every time

Griss

Well, I ended up going 10-12 in the splatfest, but 3 of my wins were to fellow werewolf teams.

Still a ton of fun, I absolutely love the idea.

I made it to Champion rank - what are the other ranks?

cheez124

Well, I ended up going 10-12 in the splatfest, but 3 of my wins were to fellow werewolf teams.

Still a ton of fun, I absolutely love the idea.

I made it to Champion rank - what are the other ranks?

There's only one more after Champion, which is King/Queen, depending on your Inkling's gender

Jims

Haha, had the most awesomely spiteful Salmon Run team. During the victory celebration, 3 of us refused to revive the 4th player. We just squidbagged away from his nearby life preserver.

It was the final Glowflies round, and this dope decided to stay allllllllll the way at the end with his Splat Charger, while we all frantically "This Way"ed at him. He ignored us and got mobbed almost immediately. Was like watching a horror movie, seeing him out there by himself.

Loving the Grizzco Brella, though. So good.

dgco86

Haha, had the most awesomely spiteful Salmon Run team. During the victory celebration, 3 of us refused to revive the 4th player. We just squidbagged away from his nearby life preserver.

It was the final Glowflies round, and this dope decided to stay allllllllll the way at the end with his Splat Charger, while we all frantically "This Way"ed at him. He ignored us and got mobbed almost immediately. Was like watching a horror movie, seeing him out there by himself.

Loving the Grizzco Brella, though. So good.

Why do people do that during glowfly rounds? Is there a legitimate/defensible reason to break away from the pack?

The Grizzco Umbrella, holy shit what a weapon. It's like my dream Splatoon gun.

john-wayne-gun-twirl-gif.gif

I don't play Salmon Run very often... Is the Grizzco Umbrella new?

Grizzco weapons only show up in random weapon rotations. This is the second one so far. The first one was about a month ago and had the Grizzco Blaster as the rare weapon. It was also extremely fun and overpowered.

Jims

Why do people do that during glowfly rounds? Is there a legitimate/defensible reason to break away from the pack?

Because they're either dumb or inexperienced, probably. I guess you could survive out there for awhile if you had a Sploosh or a high DPS kind of weapon. But even still, you're moving all the action away from the basket. Marooner Bay Glowflies is the easiest slam dunk round in Salmon Run, so I don't get why people do it either.

Busaiku

I actually loved this Shifty Station.
Maybe because I never ran into those terrible scenarios, but it was so fun using the stage for surprises.

Jims

Whohoo, Vampires! Werewolves got a little screwed by how close the Popularity vote was. Didn't get much of a battle edge.

Okay for real though. Have the servers gotten worse or something? Every other round during the Splatfest I would get disconnected. And I just tried Salmon Run and out of the 7 times I've tried to play I kept getting a connection unstable error.

Top Bottom