• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT2| From Smallfry to FlyFish in 5 Easy Steps!

dgco86

I just lost profreshional for the first time in weeks... -_-

Edit: This Salmon Run is a special kind of hell... Overachievers don't seem to understand that you need to put the damn eggs in the basket...

Branduil

Guru-Guru

Banned
Tried ranked after 20 hours of just playing regular matchmaking. Jumped from C- to B- in Splat Zones, then worked my way up to midway through B pretty quickly. I think that I’ll be able to climb to A- within a couple days.

I completely suck at Rainmaker though. I played like shit. Finished my night losing 6 in a row...

Koren

I just lost profreshional for the first time in weeks... -_-
Me too... As I said yesterday, sub-180x is knightmare fuel. Goldie rush is especially awful.

I struggle to come back to 200x (at least, I came back into profeshional quickly)

My n°1 problem with SR by far is that you can lose rank/payout when you're down to 3 (or 2!) There's not much you can do when you're 2 against grillers.

Boy, do I love the recording function.

What? How? Can you retrieve the file without twitter or the like?

Koren

Wait, are videos not saved on the SD card like screenshots?
1) I didn't know you could even record videos (and I still don't know how)
2) I don't think I even have a SD card in my switch, I assumed it was always saved in internal memory, and it was a hassle to get them from there (AFAIK, it was the case on Wii U)...

Well, it went basically the same when we were two and faced 2 grillers in the "house". We almost did it (we reached the quota) but when we were both targeted at the same time, the other guy was killed by smallfry I think, and then both turned against me, and I was in a pincer between the two grillers, trying to get rid of smallfry, and I didn't managed to last enough for his buoy to spawn :/

The problem is that, with dualies (which is my main in ranked, though I'm also using now sploosh-o-matic and zapper on a regular basis, and I'll probably try carbon again), I'm ready to try it.

But with a slosher... you need to be even closer to attack them, and they're doing their U-turn quite quickly.

Kinokou

What do you use object shredder for?

I like the idea of having more fire power against stuff, but looking it up in detail now it's maybe not as good as I thought.

I have mostly been using an Nzap with it but I'm trying out the Forge Splattershot Pro so changing the shoes for Ink Recovery with 3x main saver might be something to look into as it will improve the recovery rate a bit while the effect of main saver seems to be the same for 10 and 9 points.

dgco86

I'm at 1876p already and I still haven't made it back to profreshional. Kill me now.

Wave 1: Everyone splits up during a glowfly round. Had to use my special to revive them since they were all over the place.
Wave 2: No one protects the basket during a mothership round, no one shoots the couriers, no one uses the stingray so we fail to make quota.

Anyway I'm finally back at profreshional after a total of 2399 points -_-

Edit: Thankfully I haven't lost profreshional since. :)

Toadsili T

Neo Member
Top 10 and Bottom 5 weapons in Japanese League, from period 11/10/17 to 17/10/17. This is the post-patch edition, highlighing meta shifts thanks to the recent v1.4.0 update. Some long range options finally break into the Top 10, with SSP, 96 Gal and vCharger finally making the cut, along with the Splat Brella comfortably sitting at 4th.

DMZsxpTXkAA02eq.jpg

DMZsyJvX0AAJfQ4.jpg
Original Data from Splatoon2DB. Now uses all Top 100 teams every rotation for even more representative data.

Notably, Splattershot and Sloshing Machine are unaffected by the changes, remaining the dominant weapons of the game. NZAP 85 also enjoys a nice boost thanks to its buffs making it stupidly fast, rendering the poor Jr. increasingly irrelevant. Finally, the Aerospray RG took a nosedive due to its heavy nerfs, falling all the way to #33 place.

I'm not going to lie. Personally, the NZAP and Aerospray tweaks were completely unnecessary; the former because it weakens the value of shorter range shooters NOT Splattershot, and the latter because turfing a crazy amount was the only real advantage going for the Aerospray. At least the long range weapons are finally becoming more viable... but there is still a long way to go before the Splattershot is dethroned from being top dog.

And despite the decent QoL buffs, the Goo Tuber and the Flingza Roller are STILL in the garbage tier. May they rest in peace; they tried.

phanphare

Banned
Top 10 and Bottom 5 weapons in Japanese League, from period 11/10/17 to 17/10/17. This is the post-patch edition, highlighing meta shifts thanks to the recent v1.4.0 update. Some long range options finally break into the Top 10, with SSP, 96 Gal and vCharger finally making the cut, along with the Splat Brella comfortably sitting at 4th.

Original Data from Splatoon2DB. Now uses all Top 100 teams every rotation for even more representative data.

Notably, Splattershot and Sloshing Machine are unaffected by the changes, remaining the dominant weapons of the game. NZAP 85 also enjoys a nice boost thanks to its buffs making it stupidly fast, rendering the poor Jr. increasingly irrelevant. Finally, the Aerospray RG took a nosedive due to its heavy nerfs, falling all the way to #33 place.

I'm not going to lie. Personally, the NZAP and Aerospray tweaks were completely unnecessary; the former because it weakens the value of shorter range shooters NOT Splattershot, and the latter because turfing a crazy amount was the only real advantage going for the Aerospray. At least the long range weapons are finally becoming more viable... but there is still a long way to go before the Splattershot is dethroned from being top dog.

And despite the decent QoL buffs, the Goo Tuber and the Flingza Roller are STILL in the garbage tier. May they rest in peace; they tried.

I've been loving the meta shifts, there's a lot more variety in every aspect of the game now. main weapon variety, sub weapon variety, and special variety. I think sting ray needs a small nerf though, I've seen a lot of double sting ray teams lately and that shit is wild.

Doorman

Flingza still being in the garbage bin-tier usage hurts my heart a bit, but I kinda get it I guess. If you want to specialize in a roller, it's probably still better to go with the version of it with splashdown, and that shows out in the data. Flingza's kit in comparion is more situational.

That's okay. It and Clash will still be my precious children. After the last splatfest I'm thinking I should probably put together a real gear outfit for Custom jr, too. There are lots of viable options now, even if they're not necessarily good options.

Koren

I'm at 1876p already and I still haven't made it back to profreshional. Kill me now.

Wave 1: Everyone splits up during a glowfly round. Had to use my special to revive them since they were all over the place.
Wave 2: No one protects the basket during a mothership round, no one shoots the couriers, no one uses the stingray so we fail to make quota.

Anyway I'm finally back at profreshional after a total of 2399 points -_-
The problem is not professional (has it notable influence over games?), it's payout... You want to reach 200, and yes, I share your pain, I don't understand those two behaviours.

So I've never played Splatoon online with friends, is it possible to use the app for voicechat and play in matchmaking? Or does that not work?

backlot

So I've never played Splatoon online with friends, is it possible to use the app for voicechat and play in matchmaking? Or does that not work?

You can use it for private battles and I think Salmon run. I would recommend Discord or even Skype as an alternative though. It really isn't worth it.

Koren

Played 3 rounds of turf and people afk in every game....
I've played about 20 ranked games a couple days ago.

A *single* game went to the end with 8 people.

Problem is, I'm pretty sure that a huge majority of players don't go afk, and have a decent internet, and it's just a matter of awful netcode.

Worst case, if you really have a network issue, I'd be fine with dying, waiting a bit, and respawning when you receive again data.

First art from the Splatoon 2 artbook shown

The artbook releases on the same day as Splatune 2 in Japan (November 29). You can preorder it from Amazon.co.jp. It came out to about $32 including shipping.

Note: It will be a smaller paperback artbook like the first one was in Japan, so don''t expect something like the English version of the artbook that came out this year.

J@hranimo

Banned
https://support.nintendo.co.jp/app/answers/detail/a_id/34680

Bug fixing patch, like brella can shoot while opening and something about goo tuber.

Heh, I saw a video on Twitter earlier this evening and though that 1.4.1 should be out soon.

Just not this soon! Good they're addressing it. Goo Tuber bug was something to do with losing partial charges when swimming or something to that affect.

I've been too busy lately to play consistently D: I need to get more Brella time in.

dgco86

First art from the Splatoon 2 artbook shown

The artbook releases on the same day as Splatune 2 in Japan (November 29). You can preorder it from Amazon.co.jp. It came out to about $32 including shipping.

Note: It will be a smaller paperback artbook like the first one was in Japan, so don''t expect something like the English version of the artbook that came out this year.

Can't wait for this. I believe this is the Amazon JP listing:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4047332690/

Suspicious_Jug

Neo Member
I was always too impatient with its fire rate in Splatoon, gravitated more towards the custom blaster with its kit. (bubbler and burst bombs if I remember?)
Just saw a similar picture but with the Hydra Splatling instead lol. That’s another weapon that I was initially hyped for and only used it once.

Neon.Borealis

Neo Member
Fun fact: with this, the Hydra Splatling is the only old weapon that is not an alternate set that still hasn't been added to the game.

*Continues waiting*

Doorman

I've somehow never really been able to jive with suction bombs as a sub. I didn't much use anything with them in Splatoon 1 and that hasn't changes here so far. Inkstorm chip along with that range is a little tempting,but I have doubts that this kit will pick up the popularity of CRB in the old game without kraken to fall back on. I doubt this is something I'd regularly use but I might pick it up tonight and
die constantly and lose
give it a try.

Yucky @ the umbrella weapon on Salmon Run. There's a huge delay when going from shooting to squid. For a while I was like, why is my TV having one plus second input lag right now?

Jims

The umbrella gets on my nerves a little, but it's the Heavy Splatling I can't stand. Could anyone who plays Splatlings regularly clarify if they are just bad in Salmon Run, or is this just a user experience thing? I feel like strafing and charging and shooting isn't a good fit for the quick swimming and dodging nature of Salmon Run.

EDIT: Wow, this post is now edited!

Needham

The umbrella gets on my nerves a little, but it's the Heavy Splatling I can't stand. Could anyone who plays Splatlings regularly clarify if they are just bad in Salmon Run, or is this just a user experience thing? I feel like strafing and charging and shooting isn't a good fit for the quick swimming and dodging nature of Salmon Run.
The heavy splatling is pretty good, until you get swarmed, and can't do anything but spit out single bullets. If you stick around your teammates you can take out bosses super quick, and hopefully your teammates will protect you. Going solo and trying to be a hero is pretty tough though.

But nothing's as bad as the dynamo roller. Just good for nothing.

phanphare

Banned
H0eeHyb.jpg

lol

Tonight on 20/20: we dive into the secretive world of Grizzco Incorporated. Be warned, the footage you see next will shock you: young squids, risking life and tentacle for cheap thrills and low pay in some of the most dangerous and terrifying working environments imaginable.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/920920729851371522/pu/vid/1280x720/IrjxZc4orIcDHrL_.mp4
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/920922854211776513/pu/vid/1280x720/gGL7G8BboeI5vTpZ.mp4

how are you sharing the direct link to your videos?

Top Bottom