• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 3 |OT| The Splatening

Punished Miku

Gold Member
it's both. individual and triple pack. seems like here in canada it's 15.99 individually.

sold out already on best buy. i'll try the nintendo store. they're pretty reliable and it seems like their store is kinda underrated.
It's not opened up yet on Best Buy here in the US, but they go pretty quick. Missed out on the Xenoblade 2 ones recently, but hopefully they do a restock at some point.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Are amiibo normally hard to buy, or only before/at launch? I've never bought one before...

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Where do you guys go to get your Splatoon news? aka upcoming splatfests, new season changes, etc...

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I got the amiibo yesterday on Best Buy by the way. Site was down so I couldnt post.

I just get the bits of news I see on here and the Switch news page. Destructoid is decent on Nintendo news also.

Tams

It's that time again!

This is the first anniversary Splatfest.

Somehow I completely missed August's Splatfest. I guess I didn't care enough.

Tams

Still not a fan of 100x and 333x battles. They make it feel like your contribution is worthless if you don't win any.

The news bulletins just rub it in too.

Last edited:

Tams

Well, after what must have been 20nor so straight losses, I ended up on a team that won a 100x and then one that one a 333xnstright after!

That said, as great as it feels, it also kind of feels like cheating, especially the 333x one, but the 100x is little better.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just hit 100 hours in the game and this is also my first switch game where I’ve spent this much time. Nintendo may not have modern hardware from a power perspective but the games are top tier. Plus being able to play online for only $20 a year is a much better choice than higher prices with more stuff bundled in imho. I can’t wait to see what Splatoon looks like on a much more powerful Nintendo console.

I would try out more weapons but I’m trying to get this ref 450 lux to 5 stars. It’s definitely a looooooong grind but 4 or 5 more splatfests and I may get there.

Tams

I can't believe it! Skeleton/Frye are leading! Yes!

The teams are pozzed yet again though. Other than in the first 20 minutes, I haven't played Zombie/Shiver at all.

MAtgS

*Shiver finally loses*

CBR-header-The-Evil.jpg

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member

Looks like the next Splatfest is right when Super Mario RPG comes out, which is kinda unfortunate. There's no preorder bonus for Mario though so I'll do the Splatfest 1st and then Mario 2nd.

Last edited:

John Bilbo

I just booted up the game after a long hiatus.

Now you can access recon mode from the current and upcoming stages menu. That is a good addition. I don't know if you can access it with your friends when in a party together, but I hope you can. Practicing with mates should be made as easy as possible.

Otherwise there seems to be new songs added. They sound good.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I just booted up the game after a long hiatus.

Now you can access recon mode from the current and upcoming stages menu. That is a good addition. I don't know if you can access it with your friends when in a party together, but I hope you can. Practicing with mates should be made as easy as possible.

Otherwise there seems to be new songs added. They sound good.
This is probably a good time for me to jump back in. I've been on break as well. I only play one multiplayer game at a time and Exoprimal took over this year.

New songs is cool. I've imported every OST CD for 1, 2, 3, and the Octo Expansion. I'm sure they'll have a CD release for Side Order coming up next year.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Big Man was winning the pre-week event.
Shiver was winning at the half-time report.
Frye wins the whole thing? Inhales copium

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Big Man was winning the pre-week event.
Shiver was winning at the half-time report.
Frye wins the whole thing? Inhales copium
I did like 20 games as team Big Man and it was against Frye all the time, only one game against Shiver.
And Frye team won most of it, so yeah maybe Frye will win votes and some clout.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Looks like Big Man swept it this time:

the-winner-of-the-frosty-fest-friends-vs-family-vs-solo-v0-ftnnucoygicc1.jpeg

Oh well... at least I finally boosted my final piece of gear to 5 stars.
I didn't expect it given the amount of games we lost as team Big Man, 20-28 from my game history.
And surprised by the votes as I did like 80% of my games against Frye.

Celcius

°Temp. member
They literally gave Frye the most popular option and Shiver still wins.
What's even the point anymore? sadge

Top Bottom