• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon devs are posting regular updates on Twitter: Weapons, controls, story, more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/537127463650742272

B3RClD7CUAA5yXf.jpg

Nosgoroth

I'm getting way too hyped for this, considering I generally don't like shooters. I suppose it helps that it's third person. I really really hope the single player campaign isn't just a 90-minutes affair.

I'd buy it anyway.

maxcriden

I'm getting way too hyped for this, considering I generally don't like shooters. I suppose it helps that it's third person. I really really hope the single player campaign isn't just a 90-minutes affair.

I'd buy it anyway.

I was thinking I hope it's more than 3 hrs or so, but I doubt they'd go to all the trouble of a SP-focused campaign in a Nintendo game, even a MP-focused one, and make it that brief. I was saying to my wife, I don't think we've seen that short of a SP game from Nintendo since...Luigi's Mansion? Even that is like 6 hours IIRC.

K-A-Deman

Can't wait to hear more about the new weapons they showed off. I wonder if they'll still use that power up rocket launcher of if it's been re-hauled into a loadout weapon.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Extremely misguided cross-marketing prediction: NoE/NoA will pair with Dulux paint to release 6 limited edition paint colours based on the squidling ink colours. It will help no one.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Just re-watched the campaign trailer, and the ideas and mechanics are rather mind blowing. Some really innovative, weird, wacky, and cool stuff. This game might be something really special.

Nanashrew

Banned
got a new tweet

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/538242701947183108
最近、イカのことばかり考えているせいか、買い物に行っても、ついついイカが目に入ってしまう。
先日も一杯150円のスルメイカを買ってきた。バターしょうゆで炒めて、一味とうがらしをまぶしたマヨネーズをつけて食べる。この世にこんなに美味いものがあってよいのだろうか……。

K-A-Deman

Huh, so it seems that the Squid Research Institute is some kind of third party. I wonder if this will be brought up in the game somehow?

What's this? Splatoon updates that are Japan only? Seems like a huge oversight by NoA and NoE to not post these on translated twitter pages.

Zero²

What's this? Splatoon updates that are Japan only? Seems like a huge oversight by NoA and NoE to not post these on translated twitter pages.
Guess its because the devs decided to make this on their own? But yeah they could have a guy on the treehouse to translate it and put it on miiverse xP

The two most recent tweet translations:

It appears that when transformed into squids, the Inklings can pass through wire fences. The can use this special ability to take shortcuts and hidden pathways. However! They must be careful as if they transform while on to of a wire fence, they will fall to the bottom. With that said, what are their bodies made out of that it allows them to do this???

B3gXWxMCQAA_1rX.jpg

Recently, probably because I've been thinking about squids non-stop, I can't help but notice them everywhere - even at the supermarket.
The other day, I bought a packet of a certain type of calamari for 150 yen. I pan fried it with butter and soy sauce, then dipped it in mayonnaise that was mixed with some ground up chilli pepper seeds. I wonder if it it is alright for something so delicious to exist.....

Zero²

Recently, probably because I've been thinking about squids non-stop, I can't help but notice them everywhere - even at the supermarket.
The other day, I bought a packet of a certain type of calamari for 150 yen. I pan fried it with butter and soy sauce, then dipped it in mayonnaise that was mixed with some ground up chilli pepper seeds. I wonder if it it is alright for something so delicious to exist.....
Wut? xD

Thanks a lot Streets :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom