• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon has surpassed 1 million sales world wide

Just announced via their Japanese Twitter account.
https://twitter.com/splatoonjp/status/613506817830719488
Also, as a bonus, here's the Squid Kid commercial in Japanese http://youtu.be/EoX-CzW32fU
Second bonus, unless there are more unconfirmed titles to surpass 1 million units, Splatoon is the 10th game on the Wii U to pass that threshold.
Didn't see this posted, but Nintendo actually gives a regional breakdown
That figure includes more than 476,000 physical and digital units sold in the Americas, more than 368,000 sold in Japan, more than 230,000 sold in Europe and an additional 20,000 sold in Australia and New Zealand.

Took longer than I thought, to be honest.

Man I still remember the ridiculous predictions people were having. Honestly amazed some people genuinely believed this would do W101 numbers.

Geg

tumblr_nm4mbvkxDL1ra1vfao1_400.gif

Well deserved.

I just bought a copy last night too
I was the 1 millionth buyer ;)

Congrats though , loving the game , 3DS version will probably be in the works now

inb4 Neoxon posts his wall of shame again
Don't worry, I have my own walls of shame prepared for other things.

Well deserved, and a fantastic start for a new IP.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm glad I helped contribute to this---even bought Amiibo---to avoid another Codename S.T.E.A.M. situation (I'll never forgive you for that one, GAF), but to be honest I haven't touched this since release. Just have no interest.

Glad to see others are enjoying it though and I could contribute to a new, interesting I.P.

This is the 10th confirmed "million seller" on Wii U, right? Mario Party might be next, but idk. I guess we'll hear more later this week

Neoxon

inb4 Neoxon posts his wall of shame again
Don't worry, I have my own walls of shame prepared for other things.

Well deserved, and a fantastic start for a new IP.
Nah, not this time. I can only use the Wall of Shame so many times.

Update: cooljeanius convinced me to post it.

Well deserved.

It's managed to beat Bloodborne as my GotY so far which is definitely not something I expected at the beginning of the year.

JoeM86

Very well deserved. Had great fun on this game the past month :) It's not perfect and has some issues to fix, but it's just so fun.

That's great for a new IP! Not to rain on the parade or anything, but this is probably shipped right?

Official tweet says sales, but to be fair, the game has had a decent sell through as it is so even if it is shipped, full sales aren't that far behind.

Top Bottom