• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatterhouse E3 Trailer

Xater said:
Yes the game still exists.
You completely preempted my post. :lol

Anyway, I like the original Splatterhouse games and I'd be psyched if the game turned out well, but the trailer isn't doing a lot for me. It looks a little rough around the edges, but more importantly Splatterhouse should be eerie, and this looks "extreme" instead.

Tokubetsu

I'll play it. Here's to hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I like ridiculous violence and b rate horror movies

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I'm interested in this game for the first time, nothing in the previously released media seemed to catch my attention. I hope it turns out good, I had no idea it had 2D sequences too.

Mar

GrotesqueBeauty said:
You completely preempted my post. :lol

Anyway, I like the original Splatterhouse games and I'd be psyched if the game turned out well, but the trailer isn't doing a lot for me. It looks a little rough around the edges, but more importantly Splatterhouse should be eerie, and this looks "extreme" instead.

Nailed it. The original Splatter House game was creepy as hell. Had a really scary and brooding atmosphere. This game looks like it's just going for as much blood, gore and action as it can possibly throw at the player. It completely misses the point.

I vote Namco Bandai as the worst developer this gen. They've done nothing but completely fuck up every franchise they touch, and shaft all the players with paid DLC out the wazoo.

Having said that, this game isn't without its charms. It may be nothing like the old Splatter House but it has an interesting quality that I can't put my finger on. Evil Dead perhaps? Comedy horror? I don't know... But I'll keep my eye on this one (if only to reminisce on how awesome the first game was).

This game... isn't what I had in mind when I used to dream about a 3D Splatterhouse. Where's the atmosphere?

Cep said:
Yay, another women needs to be rescued...

I'm not playing this game unless it has an Oscar-worthy story. GTA4 raised the bar.

Cmagus

so now its cel shaded? if i remember the early trailer had a more realistic look.Looks ok I am glad they did a normal trailer this time not just some obnoxious death metal with quick flashes.

Well, it looked really good until he put the mask on at least. I just refuse to accept that any game that has been through development hell like this one has will be any good.

Xater

Valkyr Junkie said:
Well, it looked really good until he put the mask on at least. I just refuse to accept that any game that has been through development hell like this one has will be any good.

I don't remember any game that went through the same shit and turned out great. I am totally with you on this.

I'll play at budget price just because I'd love to see a, even if mediocre, Splatterhouse game. I do like the new cel-shaded art style. I swear I will mute the game music if it's all kinds of nu-metal bullshit.

Hmm,, the game doesn't look to be pushing any boundaries but the framerate in that video seems to be all over the place.

Voice acting is horrible even by B-movie standards.

However, due to enjoying the original in my youth, I will continue to keep tabs on this.

game-boi

eznark said:
I watched it just so I could say "man that looks awful" and actually came away a little impressed.

Same here. I liked the 2d sections. Looks like it's something at least a little bit different. If priced right, I'll pick this up.

Davidion

eznark said:
I watched it just so I could say "man that looks awful" and actually came away a little impressed.

Same here. The atmosphere is kinda wonky and unintimidating, but overall it looks like it could be a fun romp.

Best video for it yet and even though I was buying this regardless because its a long time favorite series, I actually feel it will be pretty damn good after watching that. I hope the final game still comes with the three original titles like they announced a long time ago.

Hex

Banned
Definitely looking forward to this game.
I swear gamers these days are a bunch of jaded sacks these days.
With the responses people make in threads for new games these days you would think that all of the games people play are high art or something.

Hex said:
Definitely looking forward to this game.
I swear gamers these days are a bunch of jaded sacks these days.
With the responses people make in threads for new games these days you would think that all of the games people play are high art or something.
It's just because GAF has a larger proportion of the "gaming used to be better" and "this generation sucks"/"western devs suck" contingent than most places.

Anyway, I think the game looks improved from earlier footage and concepts, it's no Dead Space 2, but then, what is.

G-Fex

looks like they're going for brawl beat em up and violence like the 3rd game and skipping the scaryness.

G-Fex said:
looks like they're going for brawl beat em up and violence like the 3rd game and skipping the scaryness.

Well in all honesty, I think the first were a bit scary just for their time because there wasn't many horror themed brawlers at the time. I never thought they were exactly "scary" though persay, they still were brawlers through and through.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I can't believe they didn't just cancel this misguided shitfest. Does anyone really think Splatterhouse is worth revisiting with this kind of budget? Maybe I'm grossly underestimating its popularity, but I just don't see how that game could possibly be relevant in any way.

Lunchbox

Banned
ViMA4.jpg

seady

They could have given this franchise some sort of dignity.
Now it's turning into a C-rated shovelware.

If Namco can't find a way to treasure their history, I don't see how they can become relevant.

RICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

*edit* and Splatterhouse 3... scariest teddy bear boss EVER!!! That did freak me out back in the day.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
seady said:
They could have given this franchise some sort of dignity.
Now it's turning into a C-rated shovelware.

If Namco can't find a way to treasure their history, I don't see how they can become relevant.
I would have given them a pass on the graphics if it played like Mark of Kri. But who knows what the game is like now.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I'll pick this up if the reviews are decent. I loved Splatterhouse as a kid. It looks like it has potential.

strideramc

Looks like I will be waiting to pick this up out of the bargain bin. Who know, maybe it will review well, but the trailer didn't raise my hype levels at all for this game.

zon

First time I've actually been interested in this game. If it's not total shit and doesn't run like complete crap on the PS3 I'll probably pick this up after a few price drops.

KevinCow

Banned
Huh. I still don't really get all the negativity people have towards this game. I think it looks alright, just like I did with the original trailers. I'm still interested in seeing pure gameplay footage.

Top Bottom