• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell 2018 leaked by Amazon.ca

Doctor_m3ds

Neo Member
Man I kinda miss being surprised at E3. It’s not exactly easy to avoid stuff like this as it’s unavoidable at this point.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
This isn't likely a leak. This is likely Amazon's system creating a temporary placeholder for commonly searched for items.

Im amazed that people still continue to fall for it.

Last edited:

HurtPotato

Neo Member
I hope this is true. I've missed Sam Fisher. Now that the snake has been murdered by Konami, it's the perfect time for the return of the Fish.

HurtPotato

Neo Member
This isn't likely a leak. This is likely Amazon's system creating a temporary placeholder for commonly searched for items.

Interesting model number though... "E3TomClancy'sSplinterCell2018_PC". Do people regularly look up E3 on amazon?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Interesting model number though... "E3TomClancy'sSplinterCell2018_PC". Do people regularly look up E3 on amazon?
Amazons placeholder system was notorious for fooling people during the bluray-hd-dvd format war (10 years ago! seems like yesterday!). Things like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, big name films appeared in there.

Blam

Amazons placeholder system was notorious for fooling people during the bluray-hd-dvd format war (10 years ago! seems like yesterday!). Things like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, big name films appeared in there.
I would assume not a lot of people are searching for this if this was the case Smash would have shown up a lot quicker. and a lot of more demanded titles.

Mobius01

Hopefully it’s the original Sam’s voice actor.

Doubtful. Ironside said he's done with the series and felt Sam's story had come to an end. Unless it's a reboot / remaster or they have him take over Lambert's role, I can't see him returning.

HurtPotato

Neo Member
Doubtful. Ironside said he's done with the series and felt Sam's story had come to an end. Unless it's a reboot / remaster or they have him take over Lambert's role, I can't see him returning.
I think he is returning. In 2016 a NeoGAF user started this thread. He also leaked accurate information about Watch Dogs 2.

NovumAngel

Banned

Well Ubisoft have said that they still have 2 unannounced titles for this fiscal year so there is a good chance that this could be one of them.

VulcanRaven

I hope this is true. A new Splinter Cell game would be awesome and I hope the series will return to its roots. Gameplay should be like in the games before Conviction. Would be great if Michael Ironside came back.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Was looking forward to the series return, my favorite was Double Agent but the Conviction style ones were good too. This gen really needs this type of title though.

Leocarian

Banned
I hope this is true. A new Splinter Cell game would be awesome and I hope the series will return to its roots. Gameplay should be like in the games before Conviction. Would be great if Michael Ironside came back.

As I said in other thread - Ubisoft have been reviving their franchises 1 by 1 every year or so with introducing new IPs in between. Last year we finally got a confirmation for Beyond Good and Evil and also a new IP as well such as Skull and Bones. We had the Division and Watch Dogs as other 2 newborn franchises. Last year we also received the latest entry in Ghost Recon and the Assassin's Creed series and the year before that was Rainbow Six: Siege. At this point we have Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia to return to next. This year it will be Splinter Cell.

VulcanRaven

I hope it won't be open world. MGSV was great but Splinter Cell shouldn't copy it. I think this series works better with more linear levels. The levels can be big like Ground Zeroes but the game doesn't have to be open world.

Last edited:

royox

Please be true. I loved the last one. Playing as Panther was so damn fun, totally felt like Jack Bauer.

DonF

Yep just like I told you guys there is a good chance you'll see Splinter Cell at this year's E3 yesterday in the PS5 thread before this even got leaked out :)
tumblr_m3gx8rp9kl1qkm4r0o2_500.gif

Last edited:

Artistic

Neither game was bad honestly, prefer Blacklist from what I remember playing.

Spies vs Mercs is definitely a must though.

-BLITZ-

I was thinking about a new SC couple of days ago when I went to bed, ah nostalgia. I miss slow, tactical gameplay of: catch me if you can / catch me if you see me / cat and mouse game with your enemies. I miss going through sewers, climbing metal stars, tunnels, pipes in the dark. Not that quick 1-2-3 seconds target lock at the enemy head-shot through mouse click and few keys :( I want to play like I used to do. Spending 15 minutes just for one corner and a corridor. Man, used to make my brain feeling alive.

BigBooper

I can't imagine what a modern Splinter Cell would be, but I definitely want to see. The multiplayer in Pandora Tomorrow was awesome.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Never got a chance to play Blacklist, but I wasn't a fan of any of the games post Chaos Theory. The whole Ironside issue wasn't even a deal breaker for me, so I could care less if he returns or not. I just hope that the game is as fun as Chaos Theory was.

Rokien

Banned
I loved Blacklist. Amazing game, outstanding multiplayer. Really looking forward to a new instalment.
It's not a true splinter cell game though.

This game needs to get rid of all action. It's based off of stealth, Infiltration, get what you need done and get out. The first couple were also survival games. Limited ammo and items made it tougher. Planning your escape route, if you got caught. Disabling security, using the shadows. Patience. I'm really sad on how this series turned out. So unless it's like the first 3 screw it.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Something tells me that its it yet another "game as a service", but i'll use >wait and see< approach. God help you Ubisoft if you'll destroy this franchise like you did with Wildlands and Ghost Recon.

Bryank75

Banned
Something tells me that its it yet another "game as a service", but i'll use >wait and see< approach. God help you Ubisoft if you'll destroy this franchise like you did with Wildlands and Ghost Recon.

Was Wildlands that bad? I haven't played it but liked the old ones on 360...

Boss Mog

I'm still waiting on the Blacklist remaster. I have no clue why Ubi haven't released it. The original came out a few months before the PS4/XB1 launches and a lot of people skipped it because they were saving for next gen and so the game under-performed despite being a very good game. I was hoping for a remaster but it hasn't come. Maybe it was planned but due to Jade Raymond's departure from Ubi it was then shelved.

eso76

I remember reading that the game was in the initial designing stage not that long ago.
Remaster/remake maybe?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Was Wildlands that bad? I haven't played it but liked the old ones on 360...
Absolute trash (at least for me as a fan of the series) and HUGE departure from even Advanced Warfighter series (not to mention the very first 3 games), which is the best modern Ghost Recon games to date.

They did a very good job with Siege and Ghost Recon should have got the same treatment, on a bigger scale and without boring open world shit, but nope.

Last edited:
Top Bottom