• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

splinter cell 3 movie and pics

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
http://games.kikizo.com/news/200406/008.asp

03.jpg

^ pretty cool effect, the janitor getting strangled here was mopping the hall way. with each stroke of the mop, the floor got progressively more shiny :)

bogg

Thanks dude, d/l now. The co-op sounds really cool. And im so glad Sam can finaly choke or brake neck or stab an enemy. Always felt it was kinda stupid in the first two that when you grab someone u can only do that karate chop on them.

op_ivy

i must say though, it doesnt look all that different from 1 and 2 to me. i really dont understand all the massive praise it got at e3 (yes, i was there and saw it in person). to top it off, the gameplay looked the same, and single player sc has some problems IMO.

by the way, has there been any mention of a spy vs. merc online component like sc2? i'm aware of the co-op, and i'd assume that they'd include the vs mode, but has there been any official word on it?

op_ivy said:
i must say though, it doesnt look all that different from 1 and 2 to me. i really dont understand all the massive praise it got at e3 (yes, i was there and saw it in person). to top it off, the gameplay looked the same, and single player sc has some problems IMO.

by the way, has there been any mention of a spy vs. merc online component like sc2? i'm aware of the co-op, and i'd assume that they'd include the vs mode, but has there been any official word on it?

Its all about graphics man, its the answer to all your problems.

op_ivy

OG_Original Gamer said:
Its all about graphics man, its the answer to all your problems.

i said the graphics dont look that great AND the gameplay looks mostly unchanged... did i miss something?

KingGondo

Banned
The video looked good, but it wasn't great quality--I'm looking forward to some hi-quality quicktime feeds of gameplay. The screenshot above looks nice, though.

Kuroyume

Banned
Gameplay looked the same? Since when can you cut necks in the other two games? Toss guys off railings like in the video? Smash doors open?

I'm sure there are other changes; the game looks amazing. I don't get why people are talking about milking when there have been 3 DMCs, 3 Onimushas, 3 Silent Hills, etc this generation. Anyway, I want to see multiplayer videos...

op_ivy

Kuroyume said:
Gameplay looked the same? Since when can you cut necks in the other two games? Toss guys off railings like in the video? Smash doors open?

wow, what a radical departure...

Kuroyume

Banned
I guess you're right. They should look at Bungie for inspiration. Look at how Halo has gone from driving around and shooting to driving around and shooting in Halo 2.

Kuroyume said:
I guess you're right. They should look at Bungie for inspiration. Look at how Halo has gone from driving around and shooting to driving around and shooting in Halo 2.
Bloody Brillant.

op_ivy

Kuroyume said:

lmao

BuG

It'll be interesting to see how they explain having two agents on the field co-operating, I always thought the idea of a splinter cell was for a solitary agent. They managed to explain the shadow nets existence for multi-player in Pandora Tomorrow, but how is it going to work for the campaign in Splinter Cell "3"?

If they introduce a new character, what happens when I want to be Sam and there's no way in hell I will let my co-op partner use him, or vice versa? Is it going to be two Sam Fishers? Two Master Chiefs was kind of ridiculous, as will two Sam Fishers. I saw a video demonstrated by some Ubisoft guys around E3 time which showed the two agents helping each other out, but I couldn't tell if both characters were Sam Fisher or not. Co-op does sound cool from a gameplay perspective, though.

epmode

op_ivy said:
no. and vs mode better be there. it alone is responsible for pandora tomorrow kicking so much ass.

Kuroyume

Banned
It's coming to the XBOX this December; I think the XBOX can do graphics like that since it really doesn't look THAT different from the previous games. Btw, my comment was no knock on Halo but I think arguing about gameplay here is rediculous. What do you want SAM to do? Throw fireballs? Move around in bullet time? Give me a break...

john-stossel.jpg

MrSingh

Kuroyume said:

Personally I'd prefer Mario driving around and and shooting.

and playing golf.

SA-X

Holy fuck, a co-op Splinter Cell? My roommate and I are gonna' have some pretty shitty grades when this comes out.

Top Bottom