• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell 3 renamed SC: Chaos Theory. Xbox version confirmed for '04.

cja

CVG

Now called Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, coming to Xbox as well as PC for Chrimbo - and other formats in 2005. Plus: new screens!

Ubisoft has said, additionally, that the game is to release "on other formats" in the first quarter of 2005. An N-Gage rendition is specifically mentioned, but we assume that versions are also being developed for PS2, GameCube and GBA. We're currently awaiting confirmation on this from the publisher.

Kuroyume

Banned
NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo ... :( I wanted it for Christmas! If the RE rumors are true too... :(

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
norinrad21 said:
Aren't all these splinter cell games coming out too fast? They just couldn't wait til next-gen for this one?

Well, I know why this has happened. PT was handled by a different studio than the original, so the Montreal team had much more time to work on the third game. They had limited involvement with PT, but not enough to de-rail them from this third game. I am disappointed to hear that they are working on multiplatform versions. I was hoping this would be PC only. At the very least, that would allow them to create MUCH large levels and improve the game. I would like them to strive for a more open-ended "Thief-like" design and abandon the ultra-linear levels of the first two games.

I do agree that these titles are coming out way too fast, though...but we'll see.

i dont think they are coming out too quick.. if you dont want them, dont buy them.. if you love the games and want the sequels, i dont think youll be turned off having 3 games between christmas 02 and the beginning of 05.

shit, i long for the days of sega genesis/snes when you could get 2-3-4 sequels in the same series on one platform..

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
milk.gif

epmode said:
where the hell is the competitive multiplayer?

The latest EGM says that there will be an online mude like in PT.

This is good news its coming out this fall. I just hope it doesn't have an effect on a few new online maps for PT.

cvxfreak

Damnit, why is it that game companies like to come up with "catchy" subtitle names? Chaos Theory is the latest one after Pandora Tomorrow and Eternal Wings. -_-

lordmrw

It seems Game Informer wasted no time in getting the exclusive on this one. I still haven't gotten around to playing Pandora Tomorrow ( or the first one for that matter), but I am interested in how this one will turn out.

raYne

Pandora Tomorrow was considered SC:2, that said the focus was obviously on multiplayer in part two.

The single player was more like part one expanded rather than a worthy sequel, so I welcome the fact that 3 is coming out so soon. From the PC videos of three that were shown, it's definitely more worthy of being called a sequel than two was.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
The Faceless Master said:
isnt MGS3 that dress up game collectathon with all the animal crossing-like clothing?
There is also a "grab the crotch" minigame, never forget that part ;)

Kuroyume

Banned
There will be an online mode... a co-op mode/game that takes place online; SC: Chaos Theory is like two games... it was shown at e3. I'm not sure about a versus mode like in SC:pT.

border

Ugggh, so that's two Splinter Cell games within 10 months? Talk about friggin' overkill. I think the honeymoon is over, for gamers and Ubisoft...

Justin

border said:
Ugggh, so that's two Splinter Cell games within 10 months? Talk about friggin' overkill. I think the honeymoon is over, for gamers and Ubisoft...

Well you did see that multiple publications gave Splinter Cell 3 game of the show for E3 this year. I was able to see the demo live at E3 and it looks great. Don't worry it will be good. Now Ghost Recon 2 is a different story ;(

border

Splinter Cell 3 got acclaimed for its graphics, by fanboy journalists who haven't even played the game. For the past few years they have been handing out "Best of Show" awards to whatever graphics-driven franchise game is unveiled.

AniHawk

I was thinking this fall was looking really bare. Finally we're getting some good games to fill the void between October and December.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
AniHawk said:
I was thinking this fall was looking really bare. Finally we're getting some good games to fill the void between October and December.
Heh...I had to do a double take at this 'un

Mrbob

I will probably get this for the online mode, but not right away. PT dropped in price really quickly with sales. With a tougher market and milking which is ruining the franchise, I figure SC3 will drop in price quickly as well.

Kuroyume

Banned
Mrbob said:
I will probably get this for the online mode, but not right away. PT dropped in price really quickly with sales. With a tougher market and milking which is ruining the franchise, I figure SC3 will drop in price quickly as well.

What the hell are you talking about? The game still retails at $49 in most places and I think it sold great.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Justin said:
Well you did see that multiple publications gave Splinter Cell 3 game of the show for E3 this year. I was able to see the demo live at E3 and it looks great. Don't worry it will be good. Now Ghost Recon 2 is a different story ;(

splinter cell 3 = dissapointment

ghost recon 2 = rock!!!

all IMO though

Mrbob

Kuroyume said:
What the hell are you talking about? The game still retails at $49 in most places and I think it sold great.

I've noticed it on sale at Target for $37.88 multiple times.

CompUSA ran a promotion a couple weeks after PT launched for $29.99 for a week. They were out there if you caught them.

Renegade

Banned
As long as I get my Splinter Cell Kart I'm happy.

Could this be ANOTHER big game for Xbox this holidays? Good going MS.

Top Bottom