• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell Blacklist Wii U pre-order boxes up in GameStop in Ireland

Thraktor

Probably not thread-worthy, but I couldn't find anywhere else to put it. Was in my local GameStop here in Dublin and noticed this on the shelf amongst the other Wii U pre-orders:

wwQgk.jpg

Of course, this could very well just be a mistake on GameStop's part, but given Ubisoft's support for the system, it wouldn't exactly be very surprising to see the game come to the system.

Edit: And of course, the image doesn't work. I'm on my iPad, I'll have it working in a sec.

Edit 2: Not used to using dropbox for this kind of thing. Link works, embedding the image doesn't.

Edit 3: Thanks to Desmond for the re-host!

Probably not thread-worthy, but I couldn't find anywhere else to put it. Was in my local GameStop here in Dublin and noticed this on the shelf amongst the other Wii U pre-orders:

Of course, this could very well just be a mistake on GameStop's part, but given Ubisoft's support for the system, it wouldn't exactly be very surprising to see the game come to the system.

Edit: And of course, the image doesn't work. I'm on my iPad, I'll have it working in a sec.

Sam is a sneaky one! You won't be able to see him until it's too late

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
If true, spies vs. mercs local multiplayer please! Two mercs splitscreen on the TV, one spy on the Gamepad. Would be double awesome if this somehow had two Gamerpad support as well, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thraktor

If true, spies vs. mercs local multiplayer please! Two mercs splitscreen on the TV, one spy on the Gamepad. Would be double awesome if this somehow had two Gamerpad support as well, but I'm not holding my breath.

It does seem perfectly suited to the gamepad. Hell, I wouldn't even mind if they absolutely butchered the graphics to get 2 spies on gamepads vs 4 mercs on the TV. I don't expect Nintendo to start selling gamepads separately until late next year, though (to co-incide with Madden '14), and even then I can't see them putting the necessary resources into supporting a feature only a few percent of players would use.

Amir0x

Banned
frankly with the state of the Splinter Cell franchise, Wii U owners might have counted themselves lucky that their system wasn't blighted by it

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Yeah this one has been leaked by a lot of retailers.

vdlow

I was surprised that this wasn't announced at E3. Let's see how they use the Gamepad and if it's releasing at the same time as the other consoles. That will decide where do I buy this game.

Dabanton

As someone said it's Ubisoft if you're launching a console they'll be there with as many games as they have to sell you.

What will be interesting is seeing what they do with the gamepad. I still hold that after the initial launch buzz and a few good ideas of how to use the screen imaginatively. Most third parties will revert to just using it as a map and item screen.

Dabanton

How's the Splinter Cell franchise doing these days? I haven't even played one this gen.

I've found them enjoyable.

I know people shit on Conviction and the SP deserves it. But the co-op and deniable ops modes were pure old school SC to me.

With the added bonus of better controls.

Thraktor

http://www.examiner.com/article/splinter-cell-blacklist-for-the-wii-u-leaked

Seems like a really sneaky game Nintendo is playing with these titles just showing up at stores long before they are confirmed to be coming

Black Ops II

Need For Speed Most Wanted

now this?

This encourages port begging of any title you don't see a Wii U logo on which around here will be hazardous, not without some announcements to allow it.

That just links to CVG which links back here. That said, both IGN and Eurogamer got "No comment" from Ubisoft, which I'd take to mean a Wii U version is actually planned.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Now all we need is Tomb Raider or Sleeping Dogs and all the rumored Wii U games will have proven true.

(if this is real that is)

Neo C.

Can someone explain me the logic of sneaking games into launch? I understand why publishers push some titles more than others, but the "no advertisement at all" approach is kinda strange.

Thraktor

Can someone explain me the logic of sneaking games into launch? I understand why publishers push some titles more than others, but the "no advertisement at all" approach is kinda strange.

Splinter Cell won't be a launch game (it's due in spring). The only launch window game they've "snuck in" is Black Ops 2, but that was announced about two months or so before launch.

jmizzal

I remember it being in some list of games in one of these threads on here after E3.

It was one of the games on the leaked Blockbuster list

Which also had Zombie Game before we knew ZombiU was coming and it had Marvel game before we knew Avengers Battle for Earth was coming to WiiU.

So its pretty much coming

Now we need GTAV which is a Spring game so it could be announced late too

Top Bottom