• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER FILLED Thread for Grand Theft Auto V for IMPATIENT PEOPLE - Read Rules in OP

Fjordson

Posted this in the thread other thread, but it sounds to me like R* is making fun of their games with this bit of dialogue. Or just open-world games in general:

"That Simeon a funny dude though, huh? It's gonna be a shame when we get to book his ass and jack him for all his shit.

What the fuck you talkin' about?

That's how shit work, ain't it? You do some jobs for a fool, develop a little uneasy relationship. And then they ask you to do something above and beyond. You fall out, fools get capped, then you start all over again with some other fool."

Where the fuck did you get that from? That ain't my life."

Funny shit.

qg6qeTS.jpg

rest here: http://imgur.com/a/WFQzh

WHERE did you find the road bike. WANT.

Dizzle24

Probably posted already but: muthafucking Packie McCreary up in this bitch! No pics but I just did a random event and recruited him for heists.
Exciting!

equil

End game question.
So i chose option A thinking that option C would kill franklin and now i cant play as trever so does that mean i cant 100% the game?

End game question.
So i chose option A thinking that option C would kill franklin and now i cant play as trever so does that mean i cant 100% the game?

Hope you saved before that point, man.

So apparently there is a secret message on the back of the map with the collectors edition.

Don't read if you don't want to know, and I don't even know what it means or what to do in game.

But it reads:
T.P.E - Trevor Philips Enterprises. Weaponry, narcotics, intimidation and casual wear.Lago Zan Cudo. Great ocean, highway north, through north chumash, 0.5 miles past Raton Canyon. <- when guard rail ends, follow the dirt road down the docks. Bring $500.000 cash. xxxxx

Lago Zancudo is a car, I believe. Has anyone looked into this yet? I don't think it's in the strategy guide, but I'll have to double check when I get home.

Just did a random event where
two guys were holding up a pharmacy and I was the getaway driver. One was talking about the crew he used to run with back in Liberty City, and it turns out it was Packie. Amazing.

I think that particular event isn't actually random, and is intended to show how cool those random events can be. It's hard to miss, especially since tooltips pop up when you encounter it.

Just finished the game, I'll look into that thing.

E: Following the instructions leads to a dock that you can purchase to pick up waste off the sea floor. All I've found so far.

E2: Now there's a mission marker on the dock. Also, I saw some weird dude on the end of the dock eating a hotdog. Chased him for a while.

E3: seems to be just that thing on the dock. The mission seems standard. Weird, it only costed 250, 000 instead of 500, 000

kanuuna

End game question.

Hope you saved before that point, man.

I thought I'd come here to ask the same question.
The choice caught me off guard at first, so I loaded the autosave that I had from before going to Franklin's house again, and made a save on another slot before the choice.
However, I kind of liked
putting Trevor to sleep at first, because I thought he was an asshole by the end of the game. And I also though the story wrapped up alright with it.

But from what I understand from your reply is that you're saying you can't 100% the game without Trevor around. Is that right?

J_Lee

Banned
The choice caught me off guard at first, so I loaded the autosave that I had from before going to Franklin's house again, and made a save on another slot before the choice.
However, I kind of liked
putting Trevor to sleep at first, because I thought he was an asshole by the end of the game. And I also though the story wrapped up alright with it.

But from what I understand from your reply is that you're saying you can't 100% the game without Trevor around. Is that right?

You technically can't 100% the game without Trevor because after the game is over you get to meet his mom which is pretty damn funny and have to do a mission for her

Avixph

Here are some easy money and free weapons upgrade cheats I found on IGN:
Free Weapon Upgrades (Exploit)
During a mission, visit an Ammu-Nation and purchase a weapon and all upgrades. Kill yourself after and the mission will fail. This will give you all your money back, however if you visit the Ammu-Nation again, the upgrades on the weapon will still be marked as purchased.

Very Easy Money (Exploit)
In the ocean near the north side of the map, you can check underwater to find a crashed airplane. When the airplane crashed, a briefcase full of money (around $12,000) also found its way to the sea bed. You can swim to find the wreckage and the briefcase. After you collect that briefcase, you can then immediately switch to another character and then switch back to the one who was located near the briefcase. When you do, the briefcase will have reappeared. The character who is underwater will collect the case again and his supply of air will return. You can repeatedly use this trick to quickly amass a small fortune.

kanuuna

You technically can't 100% the game without Trevor because after the game is over you get to meet his mom which is pretty damn funny and have to do a mission for her
I guess I'll load the the save.

On another note
I've got to say I was quite delighted by the fact that you got access to all the suits you wore during missions after completing the story. I would much rather be causing trouble wearing one of those Spec Ops suits than in a suit as Michael.
Also, I've found jacking a jet from that Fort to be quite a pain in the ass. I got my face blasted a dozen times in trying to 'chute in, and when I finally got one rolling in with a tank, the jet's engine started to malfunction on the way to the LS hangar.
The trip finally ended with the jet on the rocks at the coast. I would've felt frustrated if Michael hadn't echoed my thoughts in-game, cursing at the jet as it was losing altitude. I couldn't help but to laugh it.

rjcc

You ever notice that when you switch back to a character, they're usually still using the vehicle you last saw them in?

I jumped back to Trevor after the submarine job and he was in the strip club buying some dude a lapdance

when I came outside, what was in the parking lot?

trevor-sub-vu-gtavrjcc.jpg

sub-stripclub-gta.jpg

equil

However, I kind of liked

Actually you can. You just cant do any missions from trevor after he dies. I got the 100% achievement because the trevor missions dont actually count towards the 100% completion.

If you go on the rockstar social club 100% checklist you only need to do the missions and sidequests that have a colored bar on the left side of the image.

I dont know if i should be spoilering this stuff since im in the spoiler thread?

MARNEY

Since the opening moments of GTA5 I've been nagged with the feeling that I've seen that character before. I mean the soprano parody is obvious, but the shrink himself seems so familiar... After a bit it dawned on me , Dr Sydney Freedman from the TV series M*A*S*H, could be just my imagination, but I wonder if some kind of inspiration was drawn from that character. Anyone else see a resemblance?
I8a8w41.jpg

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
This may spoil but:

Has no one token Trevor to the psychologist at all? I saw it in the Guide that he's a optional patient. I'm way too late to do this now.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
damn im too late too

btw police ruin this game, you get a 1 star for hitting someone in the middle of nowhere and silencers make no difference

Avixph

Have you people checked the Easter Eggs for this game, especially the the ones that appear after beating the game 100%?
Here are some examples:
Finding U.F.O.s flying over the very top of Mount Chiliad, over the the maximum altitude above the Fort Zancudo military base, and over the highest altitude above the hippy camp in Sandy Shores.
Hunting down Bigfoot.

Just beat this last night. I thought it was a lot of fun, but after the credits started rolling I realized that I had a few issues with it from the story perspective:

- None of the bad guys ever feel like real threats. Most of the scrapes you get into aren't the direct result of X person coming after you, but a byproduct of being sent on tough missions. And so when it came time to kill all the "loose ends" in the final mission, it made me realize how pathetic all the antagonists seemed to be. With the exception of maybe the Chinese, they all just felt like Cocky White Guys in Khakis.

- The story starts off really strong, but by the time Trevor and Michael re-unite it feels like a lot of it is just them bickering while Franklin occasionally steps in and calls them out on their bullshit. And I know their bickering is called out by Franklin and even Lester, but it doesn't make it any less redundant or inconsequential when it feels like their relationship develops up to that point and then just stops.

- Having the game split across multiple characters shouldn't have resulted in having their threats split across them as well. Certain characters like Stretch and the Chinese got relegated to background fodder simply because they were hardly involved in the core story.

- Not a story issue, but I never found a radio station or two that I absolutely loved which is the first time it's happened since Liberty City Stories on the PS2/PSP. I miss JNR and Massive B. :(

Anyway, I really enjoyed it from a gameplay perspective I just wish they would have made more strides in the story department. Despite how convoluted GTA 4's story got, the one thing they always got right was how much they made you want to kill Dmitri. He double crosses you. He kills someone close to you. He repeatedly taunts you from the safety of his phone. You truly get the sense that he's a weasel that keeps sabotaging you from afar. In GTA 5, all the bad guys are just guys that talk a big game but never manage to take anything away from you or show you how bad they can really be. Even the shootout in Michael's house results in no casualties.

sun-drop

just finished the main story, man, SO good.

i went fro option C, naturally . and yeh just good to have a GTA game endig that was a bit feel good. and not involving the death of the guys you'd be fighting along side the whole game. vice city really bumed me out , nice to see that not repeated here.

just watching the credits roll highlights what a epic achivemnet making los santos was ...this things is art man, just gorgeous.

love the water effects .

gta4 felt so claustrophobic ...always stuck in narrow streets .... just the wide roads, even in the city here made SUCH a big difference for me.

they have to stick with this multi character format, it's awesome

AkuMifune

Banned
Just beat this last night. I thought it was a lot of fun, but after the credits started rolling I realized that I had a few issues with it from the story perspective:

- None of the bad guys ever feel like real threats. Most of the scrapes you get into aren't the direct result of X person coming after you, but a byproduct of being sent on tough missions. And so when it came time to kill all the "loose ends" in the final mission, it made me realize how pathetic all the antagonists seemed to be. With the exception of maybe the Chinese, they all just felt like Cocky White Guys in Khakis.

- The story starts off really strong, but by the time Trevor and Michael re-unite it feels like a lot of it is just them bickering while Franklin occasionally steps in and calls them out on their bullshit. And I know their bickering is called out by Franklin and even Lester, but it doesn't make it any less redundant or inconsequential when it feels like their relationship develops up to that point and then just stops.

- Having the game split across multiple characters shouldn't have resulted in having their threats split across them as well. Certain characters like Stretch and the Chinese got relegated to background fodder simply because they were hardly involved in the core story.

- Not a story issue, but I never found a radio station or two that I absolutely loved which is the first time it's happened since Liberty City Stories on the PS2/PSP. I miss JNR and Massive B. :(

Anyway, I really enjoyed it from a gameplay perspective I just wish they would have made more strides in the story department. Despite how convoluted GTA 4's story got, the one thing they always got right was how much they made you want to kill Dmitri. He double crosses you. He kills someone close to you. He repeatedly taunts you from the safety of his phone. You truly get the sense that he's a weasel that keeps sabotaging you from afar. In GTA 5, all the bad guys are just guys that talk a big game but never manage to take anything away from you or show you how bad they can really be. Even the shootout in Michael's house results in no casualties.

I'm half asleep after being up all night to finish and yeah, this is essentially how I feel. Was hoping one of the multiple threats would emerge as the main antagonist, but none of them ended up being interesting enough. Looking back I think the real climax was Trevor digging up the grave and the subsequent rescue of Micheal. Maybe that could have been saved for after the big heist. Hard to control pacing in an open world game though, maybe I just took too long a break in-between that section and the final missions.

Still, great game! Now that I have the main story out of the way I feel like I can actually start playing GTAV. ;)

iddqd

So what is there to do after you finished the main story?

I pretty much did all the side stuff when they showed up,
the only thing left are some tow truck things and buying property.

Are there any missions involved with that?

Epsilon is a Michael only thing right?

I have no interest in playing GTA Online and loosing the character until they figure that stuff out.

micster

Anyone know what I could've missed? Googling seems to tell me that its a glitch, which is pretty fucking annoying. Anyone see a mission not there that I can try to replay through the menu?

IhvQXhd.png

Anyone know what I could've missed? Googling seems to tell me that its a glitch, which is pretty fucking annoying. Anyone see a mission not there that I can try to replay through the menu?

IhvQXhd.png

I tried to compare our checklist, but it looks like we did a couple of the heists differently. Maybe try to do The Big Score the opposite of what you did the first time. I don't know if that will help or not. Good luck.

Top Bottom