• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Spoilers!) Final Fantasy XV God Mode Glitch

First off, this thread contains spoilers for the end game just so you know. Final Fantasy XV Spoilers Ahead!

Okay, now that's out the way, people have found a way to keep the flight powers Noctis obtains in the final boss fight, they've been using them to fly around and explore the game world, it's really awesome! People have even been able to fly from Lucis to Altissia!

If you do this make sure you know which save it is and try not to save over too much of your previous saves, as I'm not sure if it's reversible.

WyplNaM.png

God Mode Guide (YouTube)

Shiva in God Mode

Funny God Mode Abilities Video

Give me flight powers if old.

Update:

Final Fantasy XV: Hidden Rooms in Altissia (via God Mode)

Final Fantasy XV: Top 10 Secret Areas via God Mode

I was watching this yesterday. Tenebrae looks so good, it's such a "Final Fantasy place"...

If this game had more time :( Still my GOTY 16.

LordKasual

Banned
I cannot wait for this game to come to PC

We need a mod where using Armiger with all the royal arms turns you into Super Noctis for the duration instead

Also, the fact that you can manually move from location to location in FFXV despite there being no real reason to be able to is really amazing to me.

This leads me to belive that so much more was meant to be open world, but they clearly ran out of time or budget to do it.

Jonnax

This leads me to belive that so much more was meant to be open world, but they clearly ran out of time or budget to do it.

It was originally going to be three games.

I believe it was gonna be:
Part 1: Fall of Insomnia
Part 2: Duscae, Atlisia, Tennebrae etc.
Part 3: 8 years later or however long it is.

LordKasual

Banned

Most of the "unfinished" areas people show of the game seem to just be areas that are intended to be passively traveled through or seen from a distance.

Distance in FFXV is modeled literally, instead of like throwing you into an instanced area when you're on the train or something. It adds a real sense of scale to the game but it doesn't have to mean any of it was intended to be walked through. It works really well though in parts like the sections where you're fighting on top of the train / warping between airships because they didn't have to use any tricks.

aly

That Shiva model looks nice. It sucks that alot of detail can't be seen regularly in the actual game sometimes.

I'm going to hijack this a bit but how the hell dungeons work? My health goes down but I never get back to max despite the potions I use. I don't understand. Does the game explain it to you or did I miss it?

Jonnax

I'm going to hijack this a bit but how the hell dungeons work? My health goes down but I never get back to max despite the potions I use. I don't understand. Does the game explain it to you or did I miss it?

You need to camp or rest.
I believe it slowly increments if you're not in battle and at max health as well.

It was originally going to be three games.

I believe it was gonna be:
Part 1: Fall of Insomnia
Part 2: Duscae, Atlisia, Tennebrae etc.
Part 3: 8 years later or however long it is.
I'm surprised they didn't go this route, specially when we got 3 XIII games -_-

Damn it, I'll always wonder what this game could have been if they'd delivered on the full vision with a coherent narrative :-(

Been doing this glitch on and off for months just to explore areas when I'm bored, a lot of neat areas to explore with it, it's really awesome.

They also added some Episode Prompto stuff within one of the patches (forgot what patch), but it's pretty awesome to see some new stuff be added, even though they're hardly finished/any work done to them.

Also, this is the first time I've ever heard of anyone referring to this glitch as "God Mode" Lol.

Hoooooooooly shit.
This game could've been something special given the time. The fact that all this geometry exists is something special.

Maybe instead of creating a ton of dead space and roads they could have focused on the better aspects of the environments.

But yeah, it's crazy. I just have a love/hate relationship with its world. Technically impressive, but a lot of "blah." But I feel that way about a lot of open world games, like MGSV.

Like that bottom shot? It would be beautiful without the roads and telephone poles IMO. I get what it was going for but it just didn't work to me and made it feel more bland than it otherwise could've.

It's like you have these fantastical elements like the rocky arches and the creatures but there's I-75 running through it

mrk8885

Banned
This is super cool.

I enjoyed this game a lot, but I'll always wonder what might have been.

What if they had actually made it open world throughout, including the 8 years later world?

What if they actually tried telling you their cool story? It's actually a great one, they just decided to not really tell it to you.

I mean, I know the game had to come out sometime. But what a missed opportunity for an all timer. Still good. But not classic.

Its a damn shame they couldn't manage the game better... Couldve been so much more..
Always hilarious to see how it felt the movie team and the game team never even talked to each other once.

Heres hoping they can use a more complete version of an already creates map in a sequel or something.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Fingers crossed they don't patch it, seems like a fun way for fans to explore the game afterwards.

Toth

Most of the "unfinished" areas people show of the game seem to just be areas that are intended to be passively traveled through or seen from a distance.

Distance in FFXV is modeled literally, instead of like throwing you into an instanced area when you're on the train or something. It adds a real sense of scale to the game but it doesn't have to mean any of it was intended to be walked through. It works really well though in parts like the sections where you're fighting on top of the train / warping between airships because they didn't have to use any tricks.

Yes, 100% agree. The only place where they could have used some of that space effectively would have been Chapter 10. That area is insanely detailed compared to the others.

Top Bottom