• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

Even if there is more it's better if we all rest and wait until they throw us a bone.

Honestly, i'm beginning to think this is going to be discovered by fresh eyes. We are approaching this from similar angles at this point. This is gonna be something we have not taken into consideration at all at this point, if there is indeed a solution I mean.

At this point, if there is a solution, its going to be something either external to the game, or using the VHS tape in a way we haven't considered.

Have you plugged-in the microphone and played Wesker's monologue from 5 to it?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13418-1349223535-0.gif

EDIT

7 minutes, 7 minutes is all I can spare to play with you.

never mind, I think I get it now

mkfred

Banned
Shame on Capcom? For what? Putting out a free demo that we've all had fun with this week? Oh yeah, they're some real bastards!

How about a fuckin THANKS CAPCOM! Huh? It's been a lot of fun playing your free demo! Sure enjoyed testing out theories and stuff!

lol calm down. theyre not suddenly gods for having a demo

OT:
im still having fun with this. definitely gives me something to look forward to on my birthday :D

sn00zer

So does anyone know what finger the dummy is missing. Was thinking maybe you hold down buttons EXCEPT the one you would use he missing finger on. Example if the right pointer is missing hold down all the buttons EXCEPT R1

kogasu

Gotta say, I also had fun looking in to and analyzing everything, as well as, just trying out different theories even if there really was just nothing heh.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Have you plugged-in the microphone and played Wesker's monologue from 5 to it?

How did someone even figure that out with P.T.?

The solution I walked through (well after the fact) with that was so insane, it makes me laugh that people in this thread are claiming "everything has been tried."

We got a case of sour grapes going on right now. We can't reach 'em, so they're unreachable, not even worth reaching.

I do agree that it might be time to sleep on it and let the subconscious ponder it a while. Our approach has become very conscious and I get the feeling there's some outside-the-box angle we're missing.

I swear those loud clicks are super-relevant somehow.

This is great. :D

I've never trusted the French!
But anyways, they said there is no customer service for this game so why would a part of Capcom that had nothing to do with this have the answer? This can't be the end dammit.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I've never trusted the French!
But anyways, they said there is no customer service for this game so why would a part of Capcom that had nothing to do with this have the answer? This can't be the end dammit.

$99/minute hint line debuting soon!

Heh. Hint line. Takes me back.

I refuse to believe Capcom engineered this thing to confuse and underwhelm us by not actually allowing us to carry out the one task it gives us to accomplish.

These are the moments, when we are tested. Why do we fall down?

I think the only truly disappointing thing about this is... We didn't get rewarded with some kind of trailer for the real game for our efforts, unlike P.T. - We were expecting more and rightfully so... Considering some people from Capcom teased us about there being more.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I think the only truly disappointing thing about this is... We didn't get rewarded with some kind of trailer for the real game for our efforts, unlike P.T. - We were expecting more and rightfully so... Considering some people from Capcom teased us about there being more.
But
We got the trailer earlier in the Pk

Shredderi

But has the mystery been really solved yet?

Someone said there is a symbol that appears on the pause screen of the VHS world. How long do you have to wait on the pause screen for it to appear?

RobertM

I really think that there might be more demos coming out to keep people excited for the game, why would they want for people to give up so early and forget about it months down the line? I have hope Gaf, I have it, but for now, I'm out of the family ;(.

You have to pause on the first few frames after it counts to 10. If you do it correctly, the static goes away from behind the pause screen. Then you wait 30 seconds.

I still think that if you pause on exactly the first frame, you get the audio glitch and the back of Peter's head on the left side of the screen. If you do this one correctly, the static doesn't go away. I've gotten much better at replicating this one than I was originally. It's harder than the spinning symbol. I don't think this does anything. I just finished screwing around in the tape world and normal world after doing the glitch multiple times.

RedSnake

this can't be the end...

finger...axe...all those images...something...
I'm to drunk to plsy right now but this can't be over
so itchy, so tasty to just let it end like this

the ride has been awesome. the outcome not so much

still, day fucking one

will0wis

I really think that there might be more demos coming out to keep people excited for the game, why would they want for people to give up so early and forget about it months down the line? I have hope Gaf, I have it, but for now, I'm out of the family ;(.

Yes, they've said that the focus of this demo is horror and exploration and that the other core elements of RE, which are puzzle solving and combat, will come later. Does not confirm anything but also makes sense with what Capcom France said.

I don't think there's more to this, as much as I would like it to. Maybe in another demo that's not exclusive to PS plus, so the maximum number of people can see first hand what they want to show and any secrets they put in it.

kc44135

Found on reddit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHbApxo_cvA

Says he used 0/0/0 sound in the VHS flashback and reversed some audio.

14:20 seems to be the main event*

https://www.reddit.com/r/residentev...demo_vhs_sound_at_000_reversed_ghost_talking/

I don't even know what to think anymore, man. I mean, part of me just wants this to be over. I'm tired of fondling an entire house with a finger, seeings numbers everywhere, listening for Morse code in the tap water... I mean, look at what I just typed! BUT, this is real, and there's got to be more here. So what was the Capcom twitter thing about, then? Was that fake , or maybe another in a long line of badly misinformed reps?

Persona7

Banned
How did someone even figure that out with P.T.?

The solution I walked through (well after the fact) with that was so insane, it makes me laugh that people in this thread are claiming "everything has been tried."

We got a case of sour grapes going on right now. We can't reach 'em, so they're unreachable, not even worth reaching.

I do agree that it might be time to sleep on it and let the subconscious ponder it a while. Our approach has become very conscious and I get the feeling there's some outside-the-box angle we're missing.

I swear those loud clicks are super-relevant somehow.

This is great. :D
I still think the microphone thing in P.T. is bullshit because I completed it numerous times without ever plugging a microphone in.

Spoo

I hear nothing but standard creepy sounds for a creepy title screen. We're done here.

Go home and be a family man.

Only thing I heard was "I miss you" at the start.

Cool find, I guess, but takes people no closer to any kind of solution.

Nephix

Found on reddit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHbApxo_cvA

Says he used 0/0/0 sound in the VHS flashback and reversed some audio.

14:20 seems to be the main event*

https://www.reddit.com/r/residentev...demo_vhs_sound_at_000_reversed_ghost_talking/

Well it's possibly something at least.
Cue tons of people saying it's pure coincidence and just background noise that happens to sound exactly like a woman saying stuff because reasons.

Everything is too deliberate to end here. :/

Mariolee

I mean, it's cool but it doesn't exactly lead to more secret ending or give us any more context until we can better interpret it.

Top Bottom