• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

kogasu

Well, now I have a new theory to test out. I'm wondering if you can play through the VHS section with the sound all the way down but go up to the second floor and see if there's any noise that comes out when you look at the headphones.

Lol I'm literally doing that now but I don't hear the whispers people are talking about. I'm trying to see if I can get clearer recordings to mess with.

edit: Is there a specific trigger or are the voices also determined by RNG?

gafneo

Banned
this can't be the end...

finger...axe...all those images...something...
I'm to drunk to plsy right now but this can't be over
so itchy, so tasty to just let it end like this

the ride has been awesome. the outcome not so much

still, day fucking one

I get that the axe was just a sample for testing combat, but no way in hell will I believe the finger has no purpose at all. It is the first item you come across for crying out loud. Germany even confirmed it was for something. Forget the notion of there being another ending if that's what France said. There are still secrets to uncover. No one knows exactly how ghosts are triggered. There is at least still a reason to explore that.

Well, now I have a new theory to test out. I'm wondering if you can play through the VHS section with the sound all the way down but go up to the second floor and see if there's any noise that comes out when you look at the headphones.

I did this yesterday dude. Nope :/

~Kinggi~

Banned
At this point my opinion is that if there isnt an actual end people are looking for capcom better patch it in quick. Its getting frustrating watching everyone lose their minds. It was/is entertaining but yeah its getting a bit much since everyone doing it is basing it on the trust that Capcom said you can beat it without getting punched.

At this point my opinion is that if there isnt an actual end people are looking for capcom better patch it in quick. Its getting frustrating watching everyone lose their minds. It was/is entertaining but yeah its getting a bit much since everyone doing it is basing it on the trust that Capcom said you can beat it without getting punched.

They maybe said it's beatable (like having one of the 4 endings), but did they really said that there is a way it's beatable without being punched ? Can you give me a link to the tweet or a citation please?

I'm feeling pretty positive that there is nothing else to this demo anymore. I already said in a previous post that I had hoped at the very least there was some ending that revealed a full trailer for the actual RE7 game. I can't help but think it's super weird that while we got the reveal of RE7, and this demo....they've made it clear that this demo isn't part of the main game, and so we actually don't know what the full game looks like at all, and it's supposed to be coming out in January? That's really soon, and I wish we knew what the hell RE7 really was.

-MD-

I feel like they're just going to drop "Tape 2" on us at some point.

It's lame that they won't comment on it to tell us if there's anything even left to find.

kogasu

These two tried that theory of setting everything to 0 and they heard whispers in VHS world. That's what I'm looking for.

Found on reddit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHbApxo_cvA

Says he used 0/0/0 sound in the VHS flashback and reversed some audio.

14:20 seems to be the main event*

https://www.reddit.com/r/residentev...demo_vhs_sound_at_000_reversed_ghost_talking/

GAF, i need your help, i think i am crazy lol.
Yesterday i was watching this stream, https://www.twitch.tv/runebee/v/72845620 at 05:47:50 there are some whisperings.

I don't know if i'm crazy but from the first 10 seconds i'm hearing "...About us, the microphone.."

So if i'm correct, maybe its like PT and we have to prononce the name of the couple("Jack & Marguerite")

Maybe i'm wrong but i wanted to share this!
And sorry if it has already been mentionned.

(Wav file for those interested)
https://mega.nz/#!5Rh3WCoT!g0823vOJwdoC5G87mH7dCBFNAtyKn4wTTxt8dsEbM-w
I'll join the Family if wrong !

tmtyf

Here's a recap of what's supposedly in the demo and that no one has managed to unlock

-Attic room:
X8FvfWj.jpg

-Death sequence 2:
BSsmi8o.png

-Death sequence on the ground
j0KwRnZ.png

-Dragged away:
bshMiUe.jpg

-Unknown corridor
TLjmdl9.jpg

-Cop corridor, NOTICE THE DOUBLE DOORS
b5qiz5e.jpg

-Unseen photographs in the VCR room
xaFGNCH.jpg

-Basement room
vL3zGbz.png

-Last but not least, the LADDER present in the REAL WORLD
TCMQJ4O.jpg

This last one is very important.

Because the cockroaches are only present in the REAL world.

So there must be some way to make the ladder appear in the REAL world.

I'm actually starting to think they shipped a game-breaking bug with it.

the image with the ladder... 7 roaches

Wild guess here again.

Maybe we have to screenshot pictures and wall-picture ( dont know the word, i'm french lol ), then play with constrast on Photoshop ?

If the audio need that "out-of-the-game" work, maybe we need it for other things.

I already messed around with some of the wall pictures in photoshop and found nothing significant. I mostly free rotated and filled another layer in grey to look at negatives. If anyone has any other ideas on what to look for in photoshop, I'm all ears. Not doing anything tonight so I just might jump back to demo. The portrait of the sack woman is still very suspicious to me.

ETA: my ps+ subscription just ended, but it looks like I can still play the demo as long as I'm online.

tmtyf

Yeah, there's a lot of noise all over the place in that so I wanted to see if I could record it more clearly.

i had my audio stuff to 777 once and i heard a bunch of shit walking around the 2nd floor where the muffs were at one point, but when i put it to 0 the whispers dissapeared (real world not vhs)

saskayzx

Neo Member
probably nothing just an observation, and probably someone mentioned it before so my apologize if that is the case.

but I think we are all overthinking the note on the TV room. It says I shall dash them against the stone and it only changes after watching the VHS tape completely. This could simply be an indicator that the family man focus changed from the people on the tape to you. Explaining the bait key that is left where the ladder is. So maybe we need to do a sequence that will spawn the key but keep his focus on the people in the tape.

Also I find it odd that in a house in such a conditions there is only two places were roaches appear, near where the ladder and near the pot that is full of garbage in the kitchen. What if this is an indicator of a connection between those two areas and we must interact with the pot under a particular situation. to either have the key or the ladder spawn. maybe when the ghost appears in the kitchen window that is an indicator that we must interact with the pot in the VHS tape.

I already messed around with some of the wall pictures in photoshop and found nothing significant. I mostly free rotated and filled another layer in grey to look at negatives. If anyone has any other ideas on what to look for in photoshop, I'm all ears. Not doing anything tonight so I just might jump back to demo. The portrait of the sack woman is still very suspicious to me.

ETA: my ps+ subscription just ended, but it looks like I can still play the demo as long as I'm online.

good job! + damn :( Maybe with the "real" photo that we can move around. But wall painting should had some if so.

Just noticed something interesting for the first time. I'm sure someone else has noticed this but what the hell.

The photo of the woman in the hallway, before you get the bolt cutters . . . There are two stones in the background. And it looks like she is holding a stone. I wonder if that relates to the note talking about dashing people against stones.

Does the picture change after playing the tape and getting the new note?

Drajikore

Neo Member
Since we're posting pictures, I got one that carries some cool story indications

img_reengine.jpg

Shows the cops in front of a garage and what I assume is Jack "Family-man" Baker's legs. Makes me think that the pic of the guy looking through with the flashlight is an officer looking for us.

b5qiz5e.jpg

I feel like they're just going to drop "Tape 2" on us at some point.
That's exactly where I think this is going. Why else do you show a trailer for RE7 that only has footage for a demo that's not going to be a part of RE7?

It's all part of their marketing for the game. They aren't going to say anything until the plan says that it's time to.

Also I find it odd that in a house in such a conditions there is only two places were roaches appear, near where the ladder and near the pot that is full of garbage in the kitchen. What if this is an indicator of a connection between those two areas and we must interact with the pot under a particular situation. to either have the key or the ladder spawn. maybe when the ghost appears in the kitchen window that is an indicator that we must interact with the pot in the VHS tape.
Yeah, I think ideas like this are definitely worth looking into.

I'm starting to feel pretty comfortable about the idea of this demo not having a true, solvable ending, but if there are still secrets to be found then I think these are where they'll likely turn up. I doubt many people have made the pot the focal point of the exercise, but the roach connection at least gives it a reason for being interactive in the first place. It's certainly worth a try.

Just noticed something interesting for the first time. I'm sure someone else has noticed this but what the hell.

The photo of the woman in the hallway, before you get the bolt cutters . . . There are two stones in the background. And it looks like she is holding a stone. I wonder if that relates to the note talking about dashing people against stones.

Does the picture change after playing the tape and getting the new note?

Looks like a book to me, honestly. There are two of these pictures in the house.

QlQjLq3.jpg

and those two things on the background look like sheep imo.

Might be an obvious thing, but has anyone let the phone ring seven times before picking it up?

Also, just curious, but has anyone followed the guy that disappears/dies in the VHS tape? I don't have a PS4, so I don't know if it's a scripted walk or what.

Appleman

Might be an obvious thing, but has anyone let the phone ring seven times before picking it up?

Also, just curious, but has anyone followed the guy that disappears/dies in the VHS tape? I don't have a PS4, so I don't know if it's a scripted walk or what.

Pretty sure there's an invisible wall that stops you from following him. Thought it was kind of dumb

This isn't quite related to the demo's secrets, but I'm one of those gamers who always cares about story in games, even if they aren't always the most well written. One thing that seems kinda weird to me though is how these guys are going to this old house, because they must have some kind of show that's known for going to creepy "haunted houses" but obviously don't believe they're really haunted. In our real world, yes, something like that makes sense...but since they are saying this is canon Resident Evil 7...in that world, that doesn't make as much sense, considering that they live in a world where monsters and zombies really do exist. You'd think they'd be more careful.

Jawmuncher

This isn't quite related to the demo's secrets, but I'm one of those gamers who always cares about story in games, even if they aren't always the most well written. One thing that seems kinda weird to me though is how these guys are going to this old house, because they must have some kind of show that's known for going to creepy "haunted houses" but obviously don't believe they're really haunted. In our real world, yes, something like that makes sense...but since they are saying this is canon Resident Evil 7...in that world, that doesn't make as much sense, considering that live in a world where monsters and zombies really do exist. You'd think they'd be more careful.

I think it's a case like Dead Rising where the events are pretty contained and spaces out. In RE lore I think Raccoon City and tall pals are the only outbreak in the us masses would know about.

So they're probably treated as "that won't happen to me" events.

fr0st

Banned
This isn't quite related to the demo's secrets, but I'm one of those gamers who always cares about story in games, even if they aren't always the most well written. One thing that seems kinda weird to me though is how these guys are going to this old house, because they must have some kind of show that's known for going to creepy "haunted houses" but obviously don't believe they're really haunted. In our real world, yes, something like that makes sense...but since they are saying this is canon Resident Evil 7...in that world, that doesn't make as much sense, considering that they live in a world where monsters and zombies really do exist. You'd think they'd be more careful.
what if theyre being experimented/tricked? Umbrella pic kinda implies that.

Kyolux

Woah.. didn't expect more stuff would be found lol..

This isn't quite related to the demo's secrets, but I'm one of those gamers who always cares about story in games, even if they aren't always the most well written. One thing that seems kinda weird to me though is how these guys are going to this old house, because they must have some kind of show that's known for going to creepy "haunted houses" but obviously don't believe they're really haunted. In our real world, yes, something like that makes sense...but since they are saying this is canon Resident Evil 7...in that world, that doesn't make as much sense, considering that live in a world where monsters and zombies really do exist. You'd think they'd be more careful.

The weirder thing is that this doesn't sound like they do this often? They talk like it's their first time in 3 years...

It's also a side thing from what I get.. maybe a youtube channel? Has someone googled Sewer Gator?

edit... yeah didn't realize how googling this would be useless... lol

1. Yes. Nothing special happens.

2. They don't let you follow him, unfortunately.

According to the devs, the demo has nothing to do with the story of the main RE7 campaign. If you take their word for it, this is just a teaser for the type of first-person experience that RE7 is going to be. The Umbrella logo you see in the game is most likely an Easter egg, not anything story-related.

I think it's a case like Dead Rising where the events are pretty contained and spaces out. In RE lore I think Raccoon City and tall pals are the only outbreak in the us masses would know about.

Yeah...I guess that's true, I didn't really think about how RE4 was someplace in the middle of no where in europe...RE5 was in Africa where most Americans don't know shit about what's going on, and RE6 was...China mostly, and I forget where else...

Synless

Yeah...I guess that's true, I didn't really think about how RE4 was someplace in the middle of no where in europe...RE5 was in Africa where most Americans don't know shit about what's going on, and RE6 was...China mostly, and I forget where else...
There is a huge outbreak in the US in RE6, it kills the President of the US for christ sakes.

kogasu

Ok, maybe I should've actually watched the video entirely. I think this might be fake. Whispers start happening after a plugging in a microphone and on top of that, the whispers seem a bit too obvious. Even with all the sounds up, you'd be able to hear most of them. I mean there is even some loud obvious whispering throughout. It even happens during the title screen when the main character wakes up and stuff. I dunno...

Found on reddit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHbApxo_cvA

Says he used 0/0/0 sound in the VHS flashback and reversed some audio.

14:20 seems to be the main event*

https://www.reddit.com/r/residentev...demo_vhs_sound_at_000_reversed_ghost_talking/

Plus the powers that be would for sure try to cover that shit up so most of the public has no knowledge of any of the outbreaks and whatnot

Kyolux

According to the devs, the demo has nothing to do with the story of the main RE7 campaign. If you take their word for it, this is just a teaser for the type of first-person experience that RE7 is going to be. The Umbrella logo you see in the game is most likely an Easter egg, not anything story-related.

The demo takes place near the plantation the game will take place in though.

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
I love how people are still trying. And I'm tempted to play it again now after seeing those screenshots! I mean, that's a lot of content that didn't supposedly make it to the demo. It's gotta be sound related.

Get the sound right this time guys. ;)

Edit: Holy crap she says "I Miss You" clearly while the audio is reversed and the sound is set to zero. I really hope there is more. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHbApxo_cvA

News Bot

Banned

It makes fine sense. They're going on stories of ghosts, and the fact that they're so disinterested points to the fact that there is no paranormal in the BIO universe. Monsters and Zombies don't pop up in recently abandoned houses enough for anyone to be afraid of those houses.

Think of it like the first scene in slasher flicks. The victim scene. Then we cut to the main character.

Jawmuncher

Resident Evil lore is treated like real chemical attacks. They're possible, but you're not gonna live in complete fear of them.

Kyolux

It makes fine sense. They're going on stories of ghosts, and the fact that they're so disinterested points to the fact that there is no paranormal in the BIO universe. Monsters and Zombies don't pop up in recently abandoned houses enough for anyone to be afraid of those houses.

Think of it like the first scene in slasher flicks. The victim scene. Then we cut to the main character.

They probably usually just post-process some weird ghost stuff in I assume for their show.

Did anyone ever successfully get all the appearances of the ghost in one run yet? I bet it doesn't do anything, but I was wondering if anyone managed to accomplish it. I rarely ever was able to get the ghost to appear on the times I went through the VHS. I saw her maybe twice in all my times going through it.

Top Bottom