• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

Moofers

Yeah, this and PT are the ONLY games (demos actually) that make me uneasy wandering my house at night with the lights off.

And it's funny because while playing I'm not really that scared... but when I stop the mind games start.
Glad I'm not the only one :)

Last night I was walking downstairs with the light of my phone on and I was thinking about the fucking ghost girl. Seriously, haven't had shit like that going on in my mind for literally years, like being a kid again. It was disturbing but couldn't help but laugh aswell.

Alright - this is the depths of nonsense i'm willing to dive into. Can we change the language settings to something else? Maybe there is something in the subtitles during the VHS portions that are translated in the subtitles?

I hope we get clarification this week.

SomTervo

Playing this shit with headphones, alone in the dark, at night, is pretty scary lol.. Outloud I have to tell myself "it's just a demo, it's just a demo.."

I tried putting the audio options at 156 respectively because the widescreen VHS playback has those 3 numbers on the screen briefly. By now, we are all trying just about anything lol

I was yelling Lucas into the mic and my dog is looking at me like "you sure that's just weed you're smoking?"

The most stoner post I have ever read.

Legit feels like I walked into the middle of a Judd Apatow script.

RedSnake

Look behind you

FUCK YOU!
I was walking with my laptop down the hallway, all lights turned off.. nope nope fast walk to the living room.

So what triggers the phone ending?

Because I took the call, but I'm still alive.

You will soon get family'd

If you keep your back pressed against the wall Mr. Baker won't spawn.
If you play the VHS again you'll be safe untill you try to leave the house.

Draper

FUCK YOU!
I was walking with my laptop down the hallway, all lights turned off.. nope nope fast walk to the living room.

You will soon get family'd

If you keep your back pressed against the wall Mr. Baker won't spawn.
If you play the VHS again you'll be safe untill you try to leave the house.

Ah, thanks!

Arkanius

lisa_photo_upstairs.0.0.jpg

Xpliskin

Alright, I recognize two versions of the demo.

The USA one (e.g everything everybody's playing) :
UP0102-CUSA04772_00-BH70000000DEMO01

then there's the Japanese one :

JP0102-CUSA04763_00-BH70000000DEMO01

I don't own a Japanese PSplus account.

Who here does and is willing to try that version out ?

By the way, interestingly in the official screenshots it seems that you can fight family man in the plant corridor:

12.jpg

Which could mean that that corridor was actually planned for an upcoming demo ...

Se_7_eN

By the way, interestingly in the official screenshots it seems that you can fight family man in the plant corridor:

12.jpg

Which could mean that that corridor was actually planned for an upcoming demo ...

Family Man can't be in the final game, at least I don't think he is... All the interviews continuously say that this is completely separate from RE 7, unless I am misunderstanding?

I doubt there is, other than localization... But is there a difference between the USA and JP demo?

Xpliskin

Family Man can't be in the final game, at least I don't think he is... All the interviews continuously say that this is completely separate from RE 7, unless I am misunderstanding?

I doubt there is, other than localization... But is there a difference between the USA and JP demo?

Well actually the last ID is the most important one (the final gold build number).

But .. you never know. Glitches can be anywhere.

For example: Soul Calibur 2 European voldo just-frame glitch (have to look the source up, but I just remember the PAL version of SC2 had glitches not present in the other localizations).

Lonnie413

Pretty sure they mean the events of the demo stand separate to the rest of the game.

Spoo

Beggining hour. Middle hour and final hour? That would be hype as hell

Actually, it's kind of funny that this hasn't been sort of obvious from the start. If the demo truly is independent from the full game, why would a demo called "Beginning Hour" of an isolated event not have other parts?

Wazzy

Banned

12.jpg

In the E3 trailer you see him head butt you in that area plus I think something also happens to family man in that corridor.

So either like people are saying there's going to be a second demo(which I would find disappointing since I want us to already be able to trigger the ending) or we have yet to figure out the proper way to trigger family man attacking us there which leads to more events of us escaping or dying in the room we can't access yet.

A-V-B

Hey guys, where's the demo? I'm trying to find it and it's nowhere to be seen. Was it a limited time demo and I completely missed it like I did PT?

Futaba

The Japanese version is the version I've been playing this whole time, So i very much doubt there is any difference in terms of hidden content.

RedSnake

For some reason I find that image funny and not scary. It's SO not the same as in the game. (the silhouette one however...)

Still, your previous post still haunts me :mad:

I think we're either getting more demos or the whole "this is not part of the game" was because of the initial negative feed back of not being able to defend yourself and was/is goign to be removed from the main game.

Like others have said, maybe that's why we have the load option but, then again, if this is the FIRST demo why would that option be there? So they don't have to change the pause menu later on?

I got a 14 day trial on the psn website. Maybe you can get it to.
Just don't forget to cancel the auto sub on your PS4.

FelipeMGM

Holy shit, this thread became huge lol

Watching the trailer again, there is a bunch of stuff that isnt on the demo, which could mean both that there are more secrets, or that they are actual bits from RE7

Im loving this ride

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So, I don't know how important this is, but my girlfriend has been taking a recent interest in RE and was looking into the RE7 demo stuff. She's mentioned to me that the 'Aunt Rhody' song in the trailer has is backmasked and decompiling it and pulling it apart, it has a lot of secrets in it.

She has a history in music, and mentioned the song has unnatural pitch tones and what sounds like messages split apart, reversed, and put to different pitches to mask them. She showed me some progress, and she's right. There's some that just sounds like screams, but she so far has put together part of the pieces, and it sounds perfectly put together like, "in the woods".

I don't know if this is related to anything, but she's been looking into it as interested, and as she tells me, there is definitely hidden messages backmasked, fragmented, and pitched in the Resident Evil 7 Aunt Rhody song cover.

Some images she wanted to share showing the backmasking and such.

yup.png

177c1f299bc5ef207993058ec16955d0.png

She also mentions how some of these cut out at the peak amplitude and come apart is further evidence they're cut and fragmented.

A message from her on this which led her to look into this:

"the phone messages I think were a clue
the fact that the clock was 120 bpm, along with the pulse/tempo
maybe the heart 60
it was I feel a big hint
remember what the phone calls said?
I have to look up the exact terminology used again
but it alluded to something beyond sight, or that sight was misleading, though people assumed what they had meant was perception as a whole"

She knows a lot more on this than I do, so just quoting her.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
She made a reversed and slightly edited version of the song here: https://soundcloud.com/ryan-stanford-3/backmask

Doing more digging, but some of the most interesting stuff is towards the end (or, beginning). Something that sounds like a heartbeat, screams that are quiet but increased in audio (warning, some startling) one of the audio stuff spliced together sounds like she's saying, "Hello my name is ______(disgruntled sounds). In the woods, can you hear (disgruntled). In the woods, I was (screaming sound)."

Putting more of it together. So, I don't know how important this is, but my girlfriend has been taking a recent interest in RE and was looking into the RE7 demo stuff. She's mentioned to me that the 'Aunt Rhody' song in the trailer is backmasked and decompiling it and pulling it apart, it has a lot of secrets in it.

She has a history in music, and mentioned the song has unnatural pitch tones and what sounds like messages split apart, reversed, and put to different pitches to mask them. She showed me some progress, and she's right. There's some that just sounds like screams, but she so far has put together part of the pieces, and it sounds perfectly put together like, "in the woods".

I don't know if this is related to anything, but she's been looking into it as interested, and as she tells me, there is definitely hidden messages backmasked, fragmented, and pitched in the Resident Evil 7 Aunt Rhody song cover.

Some images she wanted to share showing the backmasking and such.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/187467466278961152/194286460659171329/yup.png

https://i.gyazo.com/177c1f299bc5ef207993058ec16955d0.png

She also mentions how some of these cut out at the peak amplitude and come apart is further evidence they're cut and fragmented.

A message from her on this which led her to look into this:

"the phone messages I think were a clue

the fact that the clock was 120 bpm, along with the pulse/tempo
maybe the heart 60

it was I feel a big hint

remember what the phone calls said?

I have to look up the exact terminology used again

but it alluded to something beyond sight, or that sight was misleading, though people assumed what they had meant was perception as a whole"

She knows a lot more on this than I do, so just quoting her.

EDIT 1: She made a reversed and slightly edited version of the song here: https://soundcloud.com/ryan-stanford-3/backmask

Doing more digging, but some of the most interesting stuff is towards the end (or, beginning). Something that sounds like a heartbeat, screams that are quiet but increased in audio (warning, some startling) one of the audio stuff spliced together sounds like she's saying, "Hello my name is ______(disgruntled sounds). In the woods, can you hear (disgruntled). In the woods, I was (screaming sound)."

Putting more of it together. Some words from her:

"rips headphone users
isn't it funny

no jumpscares forwards
yet backwards?
hear the heart change?
not only that
the heartbeats got louder
and on the soundwaves look almost like the readings off an ekg
this may be useful so they see the timeline
https://i.gyazo.com/d023f9f102a763e02580b4205b7433d7.png
it's the backwards file appearance. where the segments break and belong is a lot more obvious this way
someone could probably ignore the music altogether, solve the puzzle in paint, rearrange it so the pieces fit together like a puzzle, then get the backmasked message
I did hear "in the woods" however, which i ironic, considering the original lyrics too, if I remember correctly, from the actual song
but it's worth amplifying the sound and maybe messing with the pitches because some barely on the threshold of perception
*some of the audio is barely on the threshold"

Top Bottom