• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

ViolentP

I hate this demo
I hate these 'puzzles'
I hate this 'combat'

Please don't be this demo, RE7

I believe they are trying to capitalize on the horror/puzzle nature of P.T. as a promotional item. I don't expect the games progression to be anywhere near as obtuse as this teaser.

That said, I am a fan of these sorts of things.

They've already said the demo is not representative of the final game, so I don't know why anyone would be worried that the final game would be this huge long obtuse puzzle.

RedSnake

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Just finished the demo. Is the gun useless? I tried to kill the monster but it won't die.

I think i killed the monster with 4-5 headshots. But if you get the keys in the basement and the valve and get out and come in again the monster disappears.

And here is my final try of the demo in the xbox one with the final of the coin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR9HUALhwzQ

The resolution of the streaming of the xbox one compared to the ps4 pro is a joke for the xbox one.MUCH BETTER in the ps4 pro.

Rush to the key, 180 spin, run past the monster and kick the door twice. That should work.

If you think the monster is going to get you kick the dead body and you should have enough time to open the door without getting hit.

I tried that then the monster tore through the body bag.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Anyone play in VR? It's mind blowing. I played it for the fifth time and decided to try VR and even though I knew exactly what would happen everywhere I was so scared by the monster in the basement. I tried the smooth movement option though and it made me nauseous. Will keep with discrete angles.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I tried that then the monster tore through the body bag.

I actually have had better luck via another method. As soon as Baker stops grinning, immediately start hitting the door, you should have sufficient time to break down the door and be out before the monster reaches you.

Then you can safely come back in the room, the monster actually has a random spawn rate. I've had cases where it hasn't spawned at all. At the very least you can take the valve easily enough and come back with the handgun and enough bullets.

Spenny

Anyone play in VR? It's mind blowing. I played it for the fifth time and decided to try VR and even though I knew exactly what would happen everywhere I was so scared by the monster in the basement. I tried the smooth movement option though and it made me nauseous. Will keep with discrete angles.
Tried it at my friends and the smooth movement option fucked me up too. The house seems so much bigger in VR.

I actually have had better luck via another method. As soon as Baker stops grinning, immediately start hitting the door, you should have sufficient time to break down the door and be out before the monster reaches you.

Then you can safely come back in the room, the monster actually has a random spawn rate. I've had cases where it hasn't spawned at all. At the very least you can take the valve easily enough and come back with the handgun and enough bullets.

Cool. I'll give it a go.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

He doesn't spawn randomly. He has two triggers:

> You approach the door to the basement after having entered the basement (then Jack barricades you in; this only triggers the first time)
> You enter the basement's side room with all the shelves (stops triggering here once you've left the basement with the attic key in your inventory)

He doesn't spawn randomly. He has two triggers:

> You approach the door to the basement after having entered the basement (then Jack barricades you in; this only triggers the first time)
> You enter the basement's side room with all the shelves (stops triggering here once you've left the basement with the attic key in your inventory)

The second time I enter the basement, he's either hanging outin the far left corner of the first room, or he's hanging out in the second room next to the key.

Don't know how they're triggered, seems random.

Newboi

I cant get the third clue (painting) to work no matter what

I tried everything. All itens on inventory, not infected etc

hited that painting with axe a townsend times, with bullets...no giggle

I think its a bug. I gave up...

Same here. I've tried repeatedly and I just can't get the third giggle. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Gren

Eh, GMG didn't have the SFV season 2 pass up for sale, so I spent my free time this evening getting the Dirty Coin in preparation for the final release. After that, I
went & played around with the Molded. *Based solely on the demo* I guess avoiding/incapacitating foes long enough to run away will rely heavily on contextual elements (i.e. the body bag in the room). Kiting/running around it was cumbersome, understandably due to the first person perspective, & the weapons available did little in the way of staggering it. Headshots would give me enough time to sprint straight past it, but wouldn't reel it long enough for me to leave the room if it was within 5 feet of the door. The axe didn't even seem to faze it. Obviously the stakes are higher in the demo as I was trying not to get hit even once, but even in the final game one can assume we'd like to avoid every bit of damage as much as possible.

Minamu

I'm super new to this demo, is there a guide to what's in it or something? The op wasn't all that helpful (is the list up to date with all the new stuff I've heard about?).

I played the og demo once and the only difference I've seen so far is that I found some bullets in a bathroom I never saw before. There was a metal gate near there too. Is there more? I haven't seen any ghosts, this sounds really weird xD Granted, I've only played the demos twice and both times I got punched out at the exit. I'm so lost.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'm super new to this demo, is there a guide to what's in it or something? The op wasn't all that helpful (is the list up to date with all the new stuff I've heard about?).

I played the og demo once and the only difference I've seen so far is that I found some bullets in a bathroom I never saw before. There was a metal gate near there too. Is there more? I haven't seen any ghosts, this sounds really weird xD Granted, I've only played the demos twice and both times I got punched out at the exit. I'm so lost.

Check this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1322223

In there, I made a post that gives a rundown of the order of operations to get the perfect ending and Dirty Coin in the most efficient way possible: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226528278&postcount=305 I would probably read the OP first, though, because my post doesn't give detailed instructions for where each item is; you're assumed to know already.

[edit] I fleshed out my walkthrough slightly more.

Minamu

In there, I made a post that gives a rundown of the order of operations to get the perfect ending and Dirty Coin in the most efficient way possible: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226528278&postcount=305 I would probably read the OP first, though, because my post doesn't give detailed instructions for where each item is; you're assumed to know already.

That's awesome, thanks :)

Anustart

Asking everywhere on this one.

Cannot even open the re7 demo on steam. After 3 minutes it gives me a pop up saying it cannot reach the internet....

Awesome cheers

Top Bottom