• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

someday

Banned
I love her character, don't like where she ended up though. Shoved out, less screentime when she's got enough personality and charm to be a main. Really didn't enjoy the whole "let's force her to be with another lesbian" stuff for no real reason. They hardly even knew each other and had the one of the most awkward and forced kisses I've ever seen. Then she's just nowhere to be found.

She deserved better.
What's wrong with Tara finding someone? I think it's been sweet and I really like Denise.

Surfinn

What's wrong with Tara finding someone? I think it's been sweet and I really like Denise.

That's not what I'm saying. It's not that she found someone, it's that it was forced and awkwardly implemented. Like I said, she deserved better. She deserved a Carol, or someone she could have slowly built a relationship and friendship with over time. Not some patched together, fabricated romance.

It's a nice idea, just poor execution, in my opinion. Denise seems cool, but not only have they not spent enough time with each other (on screen), the audience doesn't even know who she is yet; there hasn't been much development.

someday

Banned
That's not what I'm saying. It's not that she found someone, it's that it was forced and awkwardly implemented. Like I said, she deserved better. She deserved a Carol, or someone she could have slowly built a relationship and friendship with over time. Not some patched together, fabricated romance.

It's a nice idea, just poor execution, in my opinion. Denise seems cool, but not only have they not spent enough time with each other (on screen), the audience doesn't even know who she is yet; there hasn't been much development.
People said the same about Rick and Michonne but I guess relationships on TWD are difficult. If it takes too long, they're ruining a beautiful friendship. If it happens quickly, it's awkward. If Tara really is dying this season I'm glad she got some before it happened. I didn't realize she was slated to die soon and that saddens me. I figure Denise can be killed off since they have an actual OB/GYN at Hilltop though I really like the actress who plays her.

JSoup

Banned
I'm right at the start of the newest episode and this is already great.
"Your mom and dad are putting on their clothes."
Carl looks confused.
Ab and Glen are processing.
Daryl focusing on Jesus.
4 seconds of masterful, character driven awkwardness.

Sadist

I liked the part where Jesus said "Well Negan killed a sixteen year old kid, beat him to death, just right of the bat"

So many funsies and references

bidguy

Banned
i wish i hadnt read spoilers about glenn ... i mean the scene were he supposedly got mauled by those walkers was the most shocking scene in this show so far for me

Surfinn

People said the same about Rick and Michonne but I guess relationships on TWD are difficult. If it takes too long, they're ruining a beautiful friendship. If it happens quickly, it's awkward. If Tara really is dying this season I'm glad she got some before it happened. I didn't realize she was slated to die soon and that saddens me. I figure Denise can be killed off since they have an actual OB/GYN at Hilltop though I really like the actress who plays her.
I'm in the camp of character driven drama, but apparently that hasn't been the focus of the fanbase. You'd sometimes think the entire show consisted of a few episodes with how rushed characters and their relationships feel. Oh well, hopefully Rick and Michonne's relationship is handheld the way it was in this episode and not the previous one. From oh my god Jessy is dead to awkwardly playing house with Michonne the following week.. yuck.

I keep thinking how gruesome and stomach churning the Lucille scene will be. Nicotero loves to go all out, like Noah's death or the trough throat slits, and the comic art can't compare to the gore in live action. Carl getting shot looked messed up in the comics, but that's nothing compared to seeing the actor with his eye missing

Surfinn

I keep thinking how gruesome and stomach churning the Lucille scene will be. Nicotero loves to go all out, like Noah's death or the trough throat slits, and the comic art can't compare to the gore in live action. Carl getting shot looked messed up in the comics, but that's nothing compared to seeing the actor with his eye missing
I wonder if they'll be able to match the brutality of the comic honestly. That was a hard read..

Skilletor

The biggest point (aside from the Maggie stuff this last episode) for Glenn dying imo is the fact that he's had so many close calls. People are thinking he's invincible and he's going to bite it in one of the most vicious deaths in the series. They keep having him avoid death by zombie and in the end, it'll be a human that gets him.

I think it's pretty cheap. I think there will be quite an outrage if Glenn dies this season and not in the "he's my favourite character" way. It'll piss so many people off.

It just comes off as the writers playing safe with character deaths once again instead of really shaking things up by killing someone like Daryl or Carol. Although I think Mazzara played too risky, Gimple is playing too safe.

Dalek

I googled it today when talking to a friend-it's far more brutal than I remember. Just....mean spirited shit. Mark Millar probably even said "I think you went too far."

I think I'm out of this thread until after the season. I don't want to know who's going when. I was thinking if I knew about changes it would help but that shit is gonna be brutal regardless and I think I'd rather not know. :(

UberTag

Carols%20Kill%20List.png

Carol's list of victims...

Ryan Samuels (father of Lizzie and Mika - mercy kill)
Karen & David (infected during the prison flu epidemic; killed to prevent the virus from spreading and then torched)
Lizzie (look at the flowers)
3 random Termites (via fireworks explosion and Walker herd)
Candle Woman (Mary aka Tasha Yar) and 3 additional Termites
7 random Wolves (many after having been granted mercy by Morgan)

Wonder if Sam getting his family killed (domestic abuse victims just as she and Sophia once were) and Carl shot after she filled his head full of zombie ghost stories has finally pushed her past the breaking point.

Either that or Morgan's "all lives matter" mumbo jumbo may have actually made an impression on her after she witnessed the Alpha Wolf (Owen) put himself in harm's way to protect Denise (before Carol shot him). This proved that Morgan was right that people can change... something she probably wonders if she is capable of herself after killing 18 people (the same number as Merle, incidentally).

I knew they were going to off Glenn after they showed the new Asian guy at Hilltop. They have their token and now have a surplus. ;)

I still don't want it to be him, but it feels like it's all leading up to it.

UberTag

Deleted. :/
We can summarize the trailer for you if you missed it.

1) Carol grieves over the people she's killed.
2) Carol does her lone wolf schtick again during the Saviors raid that she feels obligated to do in order to keep her people safe except, this time, Maggie shows up unexpectedly which she had not accounted for.
3) This leads to the Saviors capturing both Carol and Maggie. We see the pained reaction on the faces of Glenn and Rick after they've evidently been successful in their initial frontal assault on a Saviors encampment.

EDIT: Or... you can scope out that YouTube link so long as it remains up.

Incidentally, I'm beginning to second-guess the intel that Tara gets killed this season. Think she may have been written out temporarily with Heath (as they go on their run) due to Alanna's pregnancy and that's why she wasn't around when key scenes were filmed along with everyone else.

I think Rosita takes the crossbow shot from Dwight that was reserved for Abe in the comics.

I remain firmly undecided between Glenn and Daryl on the Lucille issue.
I can see both Abe and Daryl stepping up as willing sacrifices during the finale only for Glenn to get his skull bashed in despite their efforts.

Herbs

Banned

Can they get the "M..mmm..maggie?!" part right? If so it will be brutal.

Can they get the "M..mmm..maggie?!" part right? If so it will be brutal.

Agreed very very much. Man, I am fucking psyched for this to be realized on screen probably as much as I was for the series as a whole when it was announced.

And re: the above post, I love that the spoiler is still involved with the story this far down the line.

LycanXIII

Where are you drawing this conclusion from?

In 151
Rick and Michonne are discussing who's going to lead the communities. Michonne is leaving her pirate group to go back to the Kingdom. Dwight doesn't want to lead the Saviors anymore, so Rick puts him in charge of their army. Rick asks Michonne if she has any ideas who could lead the Saviors and she says they'll think of someone, followed by asking how old Carl was.

Yup. I don't buy him wanting to kill Rick immediately at ALL.

I actually expected Rick to ask him for help against the Whisperers.

Any link to the new issue

https://www.comixology.com/The-Walking-Dead-152/digital-comic/343244

Yep, 100%. Him being free is going to be the shove Rick needs to ask him for help.

Also, Rick has been worryingly close to a dictatorship at this point, no?

Basically the books right now are SO fucking good.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Going back and reading issue 100, I can't wait to see what Nicotero does with the effects. He must've had so much fun with it.

LycanXIII

The idea of this is hilariously awesome but also a bit too ridiculous, even for Kirkman. Unless there's another timejump or something.

Yeah, according to Kirkman at NYCC 2014, Carl is 13 now. Still a little young for that. It also makes that scene with Lydia more disturbing thinking about it.

In 151
Rick and Michonne are discussing who's going to lead the communities. Michonne is leaving her pirate group to go back to the Kingdom. Dwight doesn't want to lead the Saviors anymore, so Rick puts him in charge of their army. Rick asks Michonne if she has any ideas who could lead the Saviors and she says they'll think of someone, followed by asking how old Carl was.

That's right! Would love to see him as a leader.

It's odd that spoilers haven't dropped for the new ep. I'm guessing it's going to be a ep that everyone going to be talking about. Carol and Abraham :(

It's odd that spoilers haven't dropped for the new ep. I'm guessing it's going to be a ep that everyone going to be talking about. Carol and Abraham :(

TSDF Q&A Episode 12

What is the group's plan to attack the Saviors? Who all goes?
Attack at night, secure the armoury and to give them "gregory's head" to get them inside.

How are Carol and Maggie captured?
We don't get to see it.

Do they fight the Saviors? How many are there?
Yes. Probably saw about 20+

Do we see Negan?
No

Does anyone die? If so, who and how?
Several Saviours are killed. Stabbed/Shot

Is anyone injured? If so, who/how?
Abraham - Stabbed

Does Morgan oppose the plan to go after the Saviors? If so, what is Rick's reaction?
Yes he does. He argues his point with Rick in the Church. He argues that they should attack first rather than talking. No one else agrees with Morgan.

Does the group kill any Saviors? How many?
Around 20+ that we saw.

What leads to Carol making her "kill list"?
It's not really explained. She just started.

What are Carol and Maggie arguing about? Why are they separated from the group?
They were left behind to guard the perimeter of the saviours compound. They are arguing about Maggie staying. Carol thinks she should have stayed behind back at Alexandria

Do we see what is happening with the group that stays in Alexandria during the mission? If so, what are they doing?
No.

How does the episode end?
Ends with some women telling Rick over a Radio that they have Maggie and Carol.

BONUS
Cookie on a grave
Carol Kiss!

LycanXIII

So what happens in another season or 2? Next season is going to be March to War/All Out War, what happens after that? We're just getting started in the next arc. What do they do during the time jump to give more time for the comics?

The foreshadowing is too much. Has to be Glenn who dies in the finale

Between finally killing someone and the Lucille victim pictures in this episode, it can't not be him.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I absolutely love some of the over confidence in the show thread coming off of some of the viewers. It's... God, I can't wait for the finale.

Watching my non-book reader roommates, friends on FB and my mom texting me while she's watching the show. Man what a season ender we're in store for. That and those photographs in the saviors bunk proves Nicotero is ready for something very bad.

I was thinking that we keep guessing it's one person wouldn't put it past the writers to up the interest and negan take out a couple people

fauxtrot

Banned
Do we know who the woman on the radio is? I know they want us to think they're Saviors but the next episode is called "In the Same Boat" so they could be a different group all together or defecting Saviors at odds with Negan like we saw in a previous episode. I have a hard time believing Carol and Maggie are going to end up in Negan's hands or even on his radar at all without at least one of them getting offed to send a message.

UberTag

As much as I'm dreading it, I'll feel pretty damned cheated if it isn't Glenn that meets Lucille.
I was thinking that we keep guessing it's one person wouldn't put it past the writers to up the interest and negan take out a couple people
Glenn fakeout and then actually doing in Glenn with Lucille for the win. It's the only way to go. Trolling the comic fans all the way to the end and then actually pulling the trigger after the first Lucille kill.
Just need that last near escape at the end to lower everyone's guard and then... it's batter up time!

Rosita's gonna buy the farm in Ep 14-15.
Abe will sacrifice himself for Glenn out of guilt in the finale.
Glenn gets offed anyway. That's what we're building towards.

I still feel like there's a small chance they're going to make it Morgan instead of Glenn, but not much after Glenn saw those pictures on the wall. Lucille certainly looks like she's a bitch.

And Yo Abe, that was cold as ice.

Leeness

Glenn fakeout and then actually doing in Glenn with Lucille for the win. It's the only way to go. Trolling the comic fans all the way to the end and then actually pulling the trigger after the first Lucille kill.
Just need that last near escape at the end to lower everyone's guard and then... it's batter up time!

Rosita's gonna buy the farm in Ep 14-15.
Abe will sacrifice himself for Glenn out of guilt in the finale.
Glenn gets offed anyway. That's what we're building towards.

Why Rosita now instead of Tara? I thought Rosita had been seen filming around the finale.

Top Bottom