• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sports Champions |OT| of Pretending to Play Sports

AAK

Faster reflexes? :lol

That's just the thing about Table Tennis, there isn't any exploitable thing except to hone your skills. I have yet to beat him as well, but it's so damn fun!

WEGGLES

I find my self enjoying table tennis, but frustrated by it. Esp with back hand. I'll go to get my hand in position to back hand the ball and it takes my movement into position as my strike despite the ball not being there yet and it just whiffs the ball :/

Aside from that enjoying the game. Having trouble with managing spin in bocci, and holding the paddle right in table tennis. but those seem like my fault more than the games.

Can't beat Kenji Table tennis Gold for the life of me.

I also can't beat him in Gladiator and he's only the second guy I am fighting in Gold again I think, this little fucker has cockblocked me out of this game!!

I was enjoying everything immensely on silver and bronze and even gold, but until I got to this snarly prick!

What kind of game design is this, when the difficulty smacks you across the face all a sudden like a whiplash?

Everything else seemed so gradual and progressive..but Kenji Gold challenges, someone HALP!!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
EricHasNoPull said:

I also can't beat him in Gladiator and he's only the second guy I am fighting in Gold again I think, this little fucker has cockblocked me out of this game!!

I was enjoying everything immensely on silver and bronze and even gold, but until I got to this snarly prick!

What kind of game design is this, when the difficulty smacks you across the face all a sudden like a whiplash?

Everything else seemed so gradual and progressive..but Kenji Gold challenges, someone HALP!!

I went through the same thing. The solution is to just play small ball... seriously. I would fire 10 spikes right back at the guy and he'd still keep coming, but if you play small ball he makes stupid mistakes. I actually don't like this... seems like some form of rubberband, but whatever, it should work.

AAK

EricHasNoPull said:

This was still a fun battle. Wait till you get to Champions level.

I went through the same thing. The solution is to just play small ball... seriously. I would fire 10 spikes right back at the guy and he'd still keep coming, but if you play small ball he makes stupid mistakes. I actually don't like this... seems like some form of rubberband, but whatever, it should work.

That's EXACTLY how I beat the softball slut. Damn she was unbeatable if you played hard. And now Conner is tooling me. But still fun!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
AAK said:
This was still a fun battle. Wait till you get to Champions level.

That's EXACTLY how I beat the softball slut. Damn she was unbeatable if you played hard. And now Conner is tooling me. But still fun!

That's actually how I ended up getting all the stars in TT. It's still a lot of fun, and there are definitely different ways to approach the different players. It's all about figuring out there weaknesses.

fixuis

How the hell do I get past Dallas in championship mode in TT. The sob returns everything I send at him no matter how fast, only faster. Must have tried dozens of times. Loving the challenge though.

Been playing the table tennis lately, love it.

Question though, is there a way to hold the paddle upside-down? In real life I do this, and I see some of the game's opponents do this, but when I try just turning the move controller upside-down the game doesn't seem to track it like I thought it would.

Is there a setting or something?

distrbnce

Banned
opticalmace said:
Been playing the table tennis lately, love it.

Question though, is there a way to hold the paddle upside-down? In real life I do this, and I see some of the game's opponents do this, but when I try just turning the move controller upside-down the game doesn't seem to track it like I thought it would.

Is there a setting or something?

I've never had a problem just doing it.

What difficulty are you on? If you're still on Bronze or Silver, there could be some auto-correction flubbing it up a bit.

But, the only other thing I can think to mention is make sure you point it at the eye when it says to, not the TV.

distrbnce said:
I've never had a problem just doing it.

What difficulty are you on? If you're still on Bronze or Silver, there could be some auto-correction flubbing it up a bit.

But, the only other thing I can think to mention is make sure you point it at the eye when it says to, not the TV.
Hmm... I'm on gold and just started champion. Maybe I'll try it again.

It seemed with the way I would naturally hold a paddle upside-down it didn't appear that way on screen (holding it upright is totally fine/perfect). I think I'll try it again after school.

distrbnce

Banned
Oni Jazar said:
I wasn't able to get it to work right. Especially serving.

Oh, yeah, I do remember some trouble with serving like that, but playing didn't seem to present a problem. I don't usually hold the paddle pen-style (i did once just to try), but will very often hit the ball with the paddle completely upside down.

A.R.K

ok so when are we getting SC2? There has been no hint at all. I want Tennis and boxing in the next game with 1:1 motions (just like TT). TopSpin 4 doesn't do justice to MOVE. Either do a 1:1 implementation or just don't do it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Man, I just want more Disc Golf maps, like real bad. It was the go-to multiplayer game when I had friends over, but after playing the same damn maps so many times (I even bough the mirrored tracks) it gets a little old. I would gladly pay for more, but it seems they might be done with this game even though it's ripe for DLC.

Its a shame this game has no announced sequel, but I sure they decide to do one. When I first got my Move (a little over a month ago I think) this was all I used my PS3 for. Gladiator needsssss to have a sequel though with online play. It'd be great using my faux swordsman skills on a real opponent.

Afrikan

fixuis said:
Just add online to this game or give us sc2 already. Solo badly want to play TT online.

no you don't, I WOULD DESTROY YOU!

jk, man I wish they could just patch in Online if they don't want to make a sequel, but I think they will make a sequel. Sony had 3 versions of their EyeToy Play sports games.

fixuis

Afrikan said:
no you don't, I WOULD DESTROY YOU!

jk, man I wish they could just patch in Online if they don't want to make a sequel, but I think they will make a sequel. Sony had 3 versions of their EyeToy Play sports games.

Haha amen brotha!

Hazelhurst

Trying to get all stars in all modes in Table Tennis. I've got all stars in bronze, silver, and gold. Currently working through Champions mode. 9/33 currently in Champions. Just beat Tatupu after about 25 tries. Jesus he was tough. Luckily I got three stars on the win so never have to face him again. Currently playing the fifth character in Champions, Rin.

ECN0P.jpg

TT is so much fun.

Top Bottom