• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring '07 Anime Season (Of Eternal Joy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Th

Defuser said:
On the other hand.... I just started watching Overdrive which is quite good with awesome OP and maybe some interesting cycling theories.

And they have bukkake symbolism. :lol

Lain

Fireblend said:
XD Death Note 31

First the epic tennis match and now this guy's stylish writting. Also where did he came from?

It is said at the end of the episode where he came from.

Defuser

Ok,so after watching some more Shining Tears x Wind which is full of unbelievable wtf. I just realized the crux of the whole damn problem which is that they're given 13 episodes limit to cram everything which is why the scenes are fast pace and confusing.
For crying out loud Sega why you can't give Studio Deen more budget to expand out more episodes so that they can spread out the story easily for us to understand and enjoy? Are you that of a cheapass bloke?

7Th

Dave1988 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9GtU3xwLBQ

WTH is this and why aren't we talking about it yet?

An anime with a girl, boy, Baby whale - jumbo jet amalgam and more emo moments then in your average Spider-Man 3 flick and not a word of it on GAF? Shame...

Because I posted it a while ago, I think, not really sure. It's a little indie project that looks amazingly promising, but there's not really a lot to say about it other than I love the animation and coloring.

duckroll

Heads up for all Macross fans: There will be a 25th Anniversary event for Macross in Tokyo on the 18th of Aug this year. Among other things a trailer for the brand new Macross series will be shown, as well as details about the new heroine and her seiyuu.

Bebpo

Banned
Dennou Coil huge drop in animation quality from ep1/2, but still good. I hope this isn't what most eps in the show look like with the occasional ep1/2 quality episode.

Skullman 5 was great. Really one of my favorite Bones shows so far.

Oh! Edo Rocket 8 was very good. Plot and characters are finally put in place for the story. The show is wierd because it's a goofy funny comedy, yet it's pretty ****ed up.

Bebpo

Banned
Bokurano ep8 was good. I think the anime is definitely censored as the backstory isn't shown any further than where ep7 went and just alluded to at the end, but it was still good.

I'm starting to get the feeling that the show is going to go like this:

Outsourced terrible animation, sorta generic backstory ep -> main animation team good powerful battle ep.

There was one spot near the end that was really nicely directed.
Even though I hate the character I felt a little bad.

Bebpo

Banned
Moonlight Mile season 1 ended. Show really surprised me. The character designs and art were big turnoffs at the start, but the characters were interesting and the plot/dialogue was very different than most anime. Had the realistic approach of Planetes but if it was pure serious and not a goofy comedy/serious. The transition from modern day realism to what's going to be in S2 was actually handled quite well, and it still feels like a realistic show with mecha ala. FLAG. Good stuff.

And just to do my bi-weekly jab at DTB, ep7 (and parts of 8) were >>>>>>>>>> the rest of the show, as was the lead character being >>>> Hei. I'd hope the main team learned that having a likeable character makes good for a show (as does having a cat girl, but that's an entirely different story) as opposed to a straight-faced emotion-less lame guy. =P

7Th

Bebpo said:
Dennou Coil huge drop in animation quality from ep1/2, but still good. I hope this isn't what most eps in the show look like with the occasional ep1/2 quality episode.

Yeah... that was somewhat disappointing. Is now just above average rather than the sakuga-festa it once was. The visual effects are still very nice, though.

And I agree on the DtB7-8 but mostly because I loved the mood and direction during those episodes and the animation was much better than usual.

Bebpo

Banned
7Th said:
And I agree on the DtB7-8 but mostly because I loved the mood and direction during those episodes and the animation was much better than usual.

Yeah, the art and animation in ep7 was great. Even the music seemed cooler than usual :)

TopDreg

So, I finally watched Claymore episode 8. I'm still in an omg phase. I hope the series continues to be this strong and not turn into typical shounen crap. I've never felt this tingly about a series since Elfen Lied.

Espada

TopDreg said:
So, I finally watched Claymore episode 8. I'm still in an omg phase. I hope the series continues to be this strong and not turn into typical shounen crap. I've never felt this tingly about a series since Elfen Lied.

:lol If you started reading the manga, you'd probably explode if episode 8 got you "tingly". :lol

Isn't there a Claymore thread though?

Busaiku

How many volumes/chapters of Claymore have been animated?
Thinking about checking it out, since I'm assuming the show to completely veer off at some point (like Full Metal Alchemist or something).

Espada

Busaiku said:
How many volumes/chapters of Claymore have been animated?
Thinking about checking it out, since I'm assuming the show to completely veer off at some point (like Full Metal Alchemist or something).

Ok, I just checked. Apparently, up to chapter 24 so far. The anime might veer off, or it might not, who knows.

TopDreg

Espada said:
:lol If you started reading the manga, you'd probably explode if episode 8 got you "tingly". :lol

Isn't there a Claymore thread though?

Well, this is very good news. I'll keep my expectations high.

Also, I wanna see how Claymores look naked. I'm intrigued by what looks so disgusting.

By the way, didn't know there was a Claymore thread.

Espada

TopDreg said:
Well, this is very good news. I'll keep my expectations high.

Also, I wanna see how Claymores look naked. I'm intrigued by what looks so disgusting.

By the way, didn't know there was a Claymore thread.

Well, we'll see how the anime handles all the stuff that comes later.

IIRC, I don't think one is shown nude from the front so we can see the wound. I'm guessing it has to do with how they get the yoma parts put in them.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
duckroll said:
Heads up for all Macross fans: There will be a 25th Anniversary event for Macross in Tokyo on the 18th of Aug this year. Among other things a trailer for the brand new Macross series will be shown, as well as details about the new heroine and her seiyuu.

=^o

Defuser

lol can't wait next week for Sola ep9 to see some psycho Aono.

And what's up with Gurren lagann ep9 animation? Yoko looks like she put on alot of weight.

Cloudy said:
Wow, Nana 41 was great. I'm gonna be sad when this anime is over :(

hop onto the manga after the anime ends, the anime is pretty much 100% faithful to the manga so you dont really even need to reread any of the previous chapters.

duckroll

Kissdum rocks! Why isn't anyone else watching it?! Ep9 had some of the most awesome animation I've seen all season! :lol :lol :lol

Defuser

duckroll said:
Kissdum rocks! Why isn't anyone else watching it?! Ep9 had some of the most awesome animation I've seen all season! :lol :lol :lol
I can't tell whether it's sarcasm anymore.... 6 six fingers this time or what?
EDIT:Ok from what i read from your replies from Animesuki,it looks like they're outsource to some horrible animators.

Shouta

Dave1988 said:
Shouta when will your group release Lagann 09?

Hopefully sometime this week or early next week. This is finals week for me and I've been busy finishing off projects. That means no time for translating. I haven't even watched episode 9 all the way through, only clips like the one 7th asked about the translation for.

BluWacky

The first Aquarion OVA is a bit odd. It's basically a whole new Aquarion series with the same cast (think like the Esca movie), except none of the staff are taking crack this time and there's been a few bits of character jiggery pokery. It's virtually all new stuff with a few bits and pieces taken from the TV series (the gattai sequences and one short fight sequence), with Sirius written out and Reika given a much bigger part and no comedy whatsoever. Oh, and a TINY bit of Arjuna-ism, but not to the extent of Arjuna/Macross Zero by any means.

I'm not sure if it'll be that popular with fans of the TV show as it's got a fairly different tone whilst retaining the same characters, but I tentatively quite enjoyed it. Some of the spazz didn't really work in the TV show, and the focus on Atlantis is much welcomed as this iteration suggests we'll get more answers about what happened 12,000 years ago. The animation is pretty good throughout, with one really standout 2D fight scene and Satelight's usual top-notch CG (the climactic battle sequence is excellent). Not much in the way of new music, although there's a good AKINO song on the ending credits.

Episode 2, Wings of Glory, is due in the Autumn apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom