• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

And once again, I realize the futility of arguing against something that most people in this thread love to hate.

Whatever, have some updated Winter Vol.1 Rankings.
17,285 *2 Hoozuki no Reitetsu 2014/04/09 [BD/DVD]
*8,483 *5 Mikakunin de Shinkoukei 2014/03/19 [BD/DVD]
*7,453 *2 Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren 2014/03/19 [BD/DVD]
*7,437 *3 Nisekoi 2014/03/26 [BD/DVD]
*6,939 *3 Noragami 2014/03/26 [BD/DVD]
*6,156 *2 Saki Zenkoku-hen 2014/03/19 [BD/DVD]
*4,758 *2 Witch Craft Works 2014/03/26 [BD]
*4,095 *2 Seitokai Yakuindomo* 2014/02/19 [BD/DVD]
*4,057 *3 Wake Up, Girls! 2014/03/28 [BD]
*3,962 *2 Nourin 2014/04/09 [BD/DVD]
*3,850 *1 Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono Encore 2014/04/23 [BD/DVD] [●]
*3,766 *2 Maken-ki! 2 2014/03/28 [BD/DVD]
*3,611 *1 Super Sonico the Animation 2014/03/19 [BD/DVD]
*2,768 *1 Sekai Seifuku ~Bouryaku no Zvezda~ 2014/03/19 [BD/DVD] [●]
*2,691 *1 D-Frag! 2014/03/26 [BD/DVD] [●]
*2,555 *1 Sakura Trick 2014/03/19 [BD/DVD]
*2,346 *2 Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. 2014/03/28 [BD/DVD] [●]
*2,339 *1 Hamatora 2014/04/25 [BD/DVD]
*1,742 *1 Saikin, Imouto no Yosuga Chotto Okashiinda ga. 2014/03/26 [BD/DVD] [●]
*1,206 *1 Nobunaga The Fool 2014/04/25 [BD/DVD]
*1,169 *1 Space Dandy 2014/04/25 [BD/DVD] [●]
*1,141 *1 Buddy Complex 2014/03/26 [BD]
**,822 *1 Z/X Ignition 2014/04/02 [BD/DVD]
**,610 *1 Wizard Barristers 2014/04/02 [BD/DVD] [●]
**,443 *1 Nobunagun 2014/04/23 [BD-Box/DVD-Box] [●]
**,301 *1 Mahou Sensou 2014/04/18 [BD/DVD] [●]
**,229 *1 Strange+ 2014/04/18 [BD/DVD] [single volume release] [●]

(not necessarily representative of long-term series sales due to possible ticket effects, other bonuses/factors, etc.)

No data whatsoever (never charted):
**,*** *0 Onee-chan ga Kita 2014/03/22 [BD]
**,*** *0 pupa 2014/03/28 [BD/DVD]

A [●] symbol indicates partial data, usually meaning only BD numbers.

Fate/Zero 3
fate-zero-cheater.png

So his wife or whatever is risking her life with Saber and
he's making out with some chick in a hotel room
. Not cool. Waver and Rider are still doofuses. I knew
Assassin was still around (although I didn't expect Assassin to be a bunch of assassins)
. Archer's name is Gilgamesh. (Great name)

Also Saber is quite cute. Nuff said.

Fate/Zero 3

So his wife or whatever is risking her life with Saber and he's making out with some chick in a hotel room....

Kiritsugu is a complicated character and not everything he does can be taken at face value. Keep watching, but to summarize he's a complicated character with a very specific set of ideals.

edit: I said it twice. Because he's so complicated.

Articalys

I really don't know why the hell I even bothered to open my mouth to reply to that -- trying to elicit any positive or even neutral response about SAO from this group is like trying to coax water from a stone, except the stone not only gives you nothing but also rolls over you and crushes you at the same time.

Though I really DO want a neutral SAO II thread OP without any mocking. I mean, everyone's going to take care of that part with the other 49/99 posts on the first page anyway.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I really don't know why the hell I even bothered to open my mouth to reply to that -- trying to elicit any positive or even neutral response about SAO from this group is like trying to coax water from a stone, except the stone not only gives you nothing but also rolls over you and crushes you at the same time.

Though I really DO want a neutral SAO II thread OP without any mocking. I mean, everyone's going to take care of that part with the other 49/99 posts on the first page anyway.

Its something thats always puzzled me. You simply can't get away with shitting on new game announcements over on the gaming side of the forum the same way you can with shitting up threads for non gaming stuff. It's such a pain trying to read OT's and even just general threads on certain shows because its just nothing but the same few folks mocking everything and everybody who tries to have a normal conversation.

I hope somebody makes a serious thread about SAO S2. No offense BGBW.

I'm fine with shitting on shows in this thread, but yeah I don't approve of going to an OT and shitting on it. That's just mean spirited, mainly if somebody is trying to enjoy the show.

I'm fine with shitting on shows in this thread, but yeah I don't approve of going to an OT and shitting on it. That's just mean spirited, mainly if somebody is trying to enjoy the show.

Popping into an OT with the sole purpose of shitting on the show or attracting attention is a dick move
But posting negative impressions doesn't bother me

Jintor

Well, unless you're providing worthwhile or interesting critique. Though I assume that's excluded from the phrase 'shitting on' a show, since I guess that's closer to just... trolling-ish.

Eusis

Popping into an OT with the sole purpose of shitting on the show or attracting attention is a dick move
Yeah, I would think threads are for DISCUSSING something period, good or bad, so there should at least be an attempt to be articulate, and not look crazy in the process. Nevermind that if it ends up nobody likes it then why try to force it?
That one was what... Dragon Age 2, I think? What was it that people didn't like about the game?
It just looked and sounded mediocre compared to prior Bioware efforts, and personally I was bugged by some design homogenizing (voiced lead, dialogue wheels that may be misleading about what you wanted to say [why couldn't I just say "I want to be a dragon"?], that one distinctive title character though at least they had a distinct female one too this time) and then we heard enough to make a literal shitmountain out of afterwards nevermind the graphics having what looked like one.

Articalys

Yeah, I would think threads are for DISCUSSING something period, good or bad, so there should at least be an attempt to be articulate, and not look crazy in the process. Nevermind that if it ends up nobody likes it then why try to force it?
I really don't have a problem even if almost all the discussion in the thread would be people trashing on the show; they're free to dislike it as much as they please. But at least have an OP that doesn't intentionally try to give off a negative impression in the first place.

Eusis

I really don't have a problem even if almost all the discussion in the thread would be people trashing on the show; they're free to dislike it as much as they please. But at least have an OP that doesn't intentionally try to give off a negative impression in the first place.
Yeah, I can't fully disagree there. There's always exceptions (besides DAII there was the far less debatable Time & Eternity), but I think SAO may have enough legit fans that it'd be unfair to them.

Kiritsugu is a complicated character and not everything he does can be taken at face value. Keep watching, but to summarize he's a complicated character with a very specific set of ideals.

edit: I said it twice. Because he's so complicated.

Lol. I'll take your word for it. The show does have it's hooks in me.

Though I really DO want a neutral SAO II thread OP without any mocking.
I mean, everyone's going to take care of that part with the other 49/99 posts on the first page anyway.

It's something that i seek as well , because i actually like the franchise and i even think that the anime is average because it didn't handle the source material the way i would have hoped.
But a place to discuss S2 would be great as long as a discussion is possible.

Gundam 00 S1 - 23

LOCKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Damn it, I liked him :(. At least he went out like a boss, getting one last sniper shot in before his death.

Eusis

Actually on a similar note, do they still put them in for shows that AREN'T in Japan? Without Japanese characters either? I generally don't mind for anything set there was it can be argued as an attempt to add a bit of local flavor or whatever to the writing, but it frustrated me when I saw Baccano subs on Funimation's site and they had subtitles.

Narag

Gundam 00 S1 - 23

LOCKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Damn it, I liked him :(. At least he went out like a boss, getting one last sniper shot in before his death.

We were all hopeful he might have survived or some shit because, well, he's fucking Lockon, man. Not too long after some pswhatever game out and had a clip of him floating in space with his helmet's visor shattered. welp.

sonicmj1

That one was what... Dragon Age 2, I think? What was it that people didn't like about the game?

It was badly rushed, and the PR around the game was poor from the start. What rubbed me the wrong way early on was when they were giving away exclusive content if you preordered the game before the date when they showed any meaningful amount of information about it. The preorder stuff was mixed with the sorts of quotes in interviews about streamlining and broadening appeal that always raise the hackles of hardcore gamers, some of whom were already starting to turn on Bioware after Mass Effect 2. By the time the demo came out and looked poor, it was already too late.

SAO2 is just going to be more SAO, so I don't think it deserves something like that. "Two Years of Anticipation" feels like enough.

Eusis

SAO2 is just going to be more SAO, so I don't think it deserves something like that. "Two Years of Anticipation" feels like enough.
To me that seems good as something that's vaguely snarky at worst but not much else. Though overly excited/serious topic names can bug me anyway.

Gundam 00 S1 - 24

I'm really going to have to continue on to Season 2 aren't I? Because there's no way they can possibly wrap all this shit up with one more episode.

No, I'm probably going to see a huge cliffhanger to a show I really liked, and it's going to lead into something that's probably going to suck according to almost everybody here who's seen it.

I really hope that won't be the case, because I liked this show so far. But my expectations for Season 2 are not high, so we'll see.

Anyways, this episode.
A giant big golden battleship comes in and starts ruining everything. Great. Both the Kyrios and Nadleeh have pratically been torn to pieces, and Setsuna's the only one left.

Oh, was I supposed to feel really sad for the two minor characters that died in this episode? Sorry, I'm too busy mourning the loss of Lockon at the moment. I remember him MUCH more than I do these guys, who had really rushed character development right before their deaths.

Anyways, one more episode of the good S1. Please be a great final battle.

I think the biggest issue people have with SAO is how popular it got. My issue with it is that Log Horizon was better and that show didn't get shit of attention. At least I'm getting a season 2 I guess.

cajunator

Banned
Perfect, fits the one I just finished.
Ergo Proxy.

I don't even know where to begin. And it wasn't just the ending, had some head clutching going on throughout the entirety of it.

The other question is which anime endings have left yall feeling satisfied completely?
I would say shows like Full moon O Sagashite, Kinos journey, Steins;Gate, Haibane Renmei, Kokoro connect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom