• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 | Welcome Home, Space Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Also, are those bathroom stalls or phone booths?

Seriously there's no way both a toilet and space for the door to open and close can exist in those stalls.

duckroll

This is what happens when you don't have proper art direction, or the art team does not do enough pre-production work on location layout designs. The studio(s) and artists handling the backgrounds for each scene will then just draw whatever works for their allocated sequence, without having good reference to make something consistent.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Doesn't look like there are any toilets either.
They just so happen to be remarkably tiny.
RlS9w.jpg

duckroll

I was using "animators" to refer generally to the people working on the visual design; I apologize for my lazy and improper word usage.

Poor animators. First they have to work long hours and destroy their hands at low salaries, and now they're being blamed for things that are completely out of their hands! When will the suffering ever end? :(

duckroll

There is almost no way that these three screens represent the same location in any sort of reality. I can only conclude that the art director did not bother to do any work whatsoever on this location, and this is the unfortunate result. Nothing matches up in the screens at all. Especially if you follow the tile lines on the floor to create a layout.

dimb

Besides all the other issues, it looks the toilet is situated perpendicular to the stall door(?), which is not usually the case in the public restrooms I've visited. Especially considering the arrangement of the stalls.
It's forward facing, the shot over the side is peering into the next stall. I hate to just spam bathroom pictures but here's another shot inside the stall. The head at the bottom of the screen is supposed to be a person standing in the stall with the main character.

Branduil

The most disconcerting thing about that image is still the table. What is a table like that supposed to be used for?

Poker chips I guess.

That picture gets worse every time I see it. The best part is how every element in the image works together to highlight the awful digital compositing. Putting digital objects in front of characters just accentuates how much they don't belong. The reflection on the ground drawing your attention to the fact that the characters have no shadows and appear to be floating somewhere in front of the background. It's the image that keeps on giving.

Sweden!

I saw many outward opening doors in Sweden. And afaik old doors were also outwards doors.

Dang contrarian Swedes.

Instro

It's forward facing, the shot over the side is peering into the next stall. I hate to just spam bathroom pictures but here's another shot inside the stall. The head at the bottom of the screen is supposed to be a person standing in the stall with the main character.

Uhh what happened to the tank on the back of the toilet.

duckroll

Wait, did the toilet MOVE in this screen? Why isn't it against the wall?! The rabbit hole! >_<

Branduil

What the crap. In the previous shot the toilet was clearly flush with the back wall, and now it's moved about a foot forward.

dimb

Maybe they're not toilets at all. Maybe they're just chairs in the bathroom. That's all they're used for in the episode.

Wow, that bathroom must be part of some shifting dimension or something. You've got a complete mish-mash of rooms that simply can't fit together.

Also, those are the most uncomfortable looking toilet stalls ever. I would not want to go into that bathroom.

But that means the stall has its own back wall distinct from the wall of the restroom itself - why did they not just build it into the wall like any normal restroom? I don't understand!

Forget Nyarkogmasdf; this is the true cosmic horror of the season.

Instro

Its amazing how incongruent each shot is with the last. I feel this took more work than creating shots that make sense visually.

zeroshiki

This is clearly an extension of that room in Harry Potter that moved around and transformed depending on the need.

You guys don't get the symbolism involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom