• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Hero Academia 21

Ok this was exactly what I wanted from this episode. They took one of the chapters which I tink had some great potential for being expended upon and BONES did exactly that. This single chapter which had mostly single panel fights had them all turned into a few minutes of exciting match time, the best extension being Ashido vs Aoyama. The details they added to this fight were great and made great use of each characters personality. Same thing pretty much happened with the others. We got some great insight on each of these characters based on those extended scenes in which we did not have in the manga. Kaminari's determination, Yaoyorozu lacks of self-confidence, we got more Kirishima and Tetsu blood-pumping manliness and Hatsume's perfect infomercial.(which was the less expended upon, but still full of greatness). Also we had ton of side-stuff added like Monoma coming and ditching on class 1-A after Kaminari'S lost.
TsOqmHM.jpg
GwiHb4S.jpg
mS80GzR.jpg
The best part of this episode was Ochako realising she was staying too much in Deku's shadow and that if she wanted to finally stand-out as a hero she needed to stand on her own! Look at that determined face!
Next episode is going to be insane! Great job on todays episode. This is definitely one excellent adaptation.

Akaashi Records Episode 7

Oh nice we get shirtless Glenn next episode, was afraid we wouldnt though we did get some of the students, volleyball boy with invisible hand move was the best.

Really entertaining beach episode for an LN series.

Mendrox

DanMachi Gaiden Sword Oratoria 06

I'm not one to comment much on the technical side of things in shows but one thing I love about this show is the sound design. I absolutely adored how weighty and powerful they made the dungeon boss' attacks sound and whenever it struck the ground or hit Ais herself.

This is one of the worst story adaptions Ive seen. Cant believe what they change cut etc The manga is 100x better. Read chapter 15 for that almost dead Ais (with broken Hand and more, with people getting sliced open in an Illusion etc fight from the anime). Fuck them for that Adaption. Ais could be a great character and not vanilla like here again...

This is one of the worst story adaptions Ive seen. Cant believe what they change cut etc The manga is 100x better. Read chapter 15 for that almost dead Ais (with broken Hand and more, with people getting sliced open in an Illusion etc fight from the anime). Fuck them for that Adaption. Ais could be a great character and not vanilla like here again...
Well after that now I have to see how it looks in the manga.

Cornbread78

Sword of Oratoria ep.6
Love the blank pouty face....

The show continues to be pretty fun as Ais tries to figure out Bell and what the hell is going on..

I guess this is a reason I never read the source material, so I can always go in niave and not have to be upset/disappointed when it's done like this.

I enjoy this as an alternate story tie in to the main anime that aired a couple years ago.

ROOM MATE Episode 6

The ED finally, yes just what I needed today. I cant wait for what the third iteration will be.

Kenka Bancho Otome - Girl Beats Boys- Episode 6

This anime has great music.

Konparu and Totomaru are still the best, the new guys dont compare.
tumblr_oq3w24OFrU1v662cwo1_540.jpg

ID-0 Episode 6
I feel like this show is really underappreciated. Yes, there's the weird magical-ish little girl aspect of it, but you can tell they've done their scientific research as well. Poor Maya just wants to trust people. Also, awkward, two women hitting on a man who is technically a robot. Not sure how a relationship would play out.

SAKURA QUEST Episode 7
Despite falling short of Shirobako, this is still a cute show with good character development. With all the different ways the girls are using to promote Manoyama, by the time tourists do come it's just going to be a mess of different things.

Sagrada Reset Episode 7
Things have finally started getting interesting with a concrete threat and mystery to solve. But I'm not a fan of the edgy punk girl who's seemingly acting like a villain just to be a villain.

Kenka Banchou Otome: Girl Beats Boys Episode 6
Okay, I'm confused. Hinako and Hikaru are actually twins right? So did the Onigashima crime family adopt Hikaru but not his sister? Or are they both biologically Onigashima? But then why did Hinako end up in a foster situation? I know it's not a big deal to know but I want to know.

BORUTO Episode 7
Not sure if I'm enjoying this monster-of-the-week format. Also, no matter how they tried to redeem him, the stalker dude was creepy even before the shadow took him over.

Renai Boukun Episode 7
I feel really meh about this show. It's not super funny, but it's not so bad that it's worth dropping.

Clockwork Planet Episode 7
This show, man. Maybe don't give the clockwork automaton you just met who's designed to destroy complete freedom to do whatever she wants?

KABUKIBU! Episode 7
At the end of the day, it's all about doing the complete opposite of what your parent(s) want you to do.

Hinako Note Episode 7
So now that the play is over and Hinako's proven that she can get up on stage and perform without any issues, is this show not going to be about acting anymore? At this point I don't know what direction this show is going to go in, other than, apparently, a fanservicey one.

convo

The BLAME! movie

All right guys listen up here from a long time Blame! and Nihei fan.Tsutomu Nihei as a mangaka has been kind of down since getting told by his children that he should make something cool like 'Attack on Titan'(Kind of exaggerating but it's fun blaming brats). He sort of sees Blame as his indulgence now which isn't as appealing to the masses in his eyes.Fuck all that noise. I am ok with him moving on with other stuff, but i didn't have any hope of Blame! getting a good adaptation ever, until now.

This production was possible thanks to the Knights of Sidonia anime existing and apparently someone paid for the pilot out of his own pocket. I can't quite find the source but he seems to be a brother from another mother, one who strifes to see Nihei's work realised. I wasn't really compelled to watch Sidonia at first because it was sorta shacky looking at first glance. But this had what it needed, beautiful architecture, Killy stone faced asking about Net Terminal Genes and Gravitational Beam Transmitters.

I give their effort all of my
My appreciation for this movie i as big as my disdain for the new berserk anime. At least something i love is getting what it deserves.2017 gets to be the year of dreams.If only the berserk anime had this kind of passion put into it. The production studio is clearly made up of super fans of his work. If we all continue to stand together we can make our dream of a Fromsoft BLAME! game a reality.

DNAbro

My Hero Academia this week was so good. I can't wait for the fight next week. I only have a fuzzy memory of the manga but I think I remember loving this fight.

Moaradin

Can anyone not named GoldCrusader (no offense) tell me how the MHA S2 adaptation is so far?

Is it better than S1?

It's a lot better. Pretty dang great right now. A lot of it comes down to the actual material being better, but I do think Bones has done a better job adapting it as well. It's been very polished and the pacing has definitely improved. Plus they've taken some nice liberties, like expanding on fights that only got single panels in the manga.

The next couple weeks will be the true test, but I've been very satisfied with everything thus far.

Ascheroth

Can anyone not named GoldCrusader (no offense) tell me how the MHA S2 adaptation is so far?

Is it better than S1?
Miles better. Only the first half of the first episode drags but after that the pacing has been great. Character art and animation is on point, soundtrack continues to kick ass, sidecharacters get expanded scenes and the background art continues to be weak.

Yes, it's pretty great.

Kenka Banchou Otome: Girl Beats Boys Episode 6
Okay, I'm confused. Hinako and Hikaru are actually twins right? So did the Onigashima crime family adopt Hikaru but not his sister? Or are they both biologically Onigashima? But then why did Hinako end up in a foster situation? I know it's not a big deal to know but I want to know..

Why would they have taken the sister into the yakuza?

Though I feel like this orphan-one adopted plot is kind of common.

Chase17

Attack on Titan 33
Pretty good episode. Pretty intense eating lol.

My Hero Academia 21
Fun episode. I'd say the Iida/Hatsume fight was probably my favorite of the bunch. Next week should be good.

Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend ♭ 6 -

Everything was pretty upbeat and happy up until the end there. Looks like we're getting into some serious drama now, and I feel for Tomoya on this one. Seems like he just can't win no matter what here.

Cornbread78

Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend ♭ 6 -

Everything was pretty upbeat and happy up until the end there. Looks like we're getting into some serious drama now, and I feel for Tomoya on this one. Seems like he just can't win no matter what here.

I actually think he got called out corre tly on this one. Kato openly offered any help at all and he completely blew her off and ignored her trying to be there for him and the team...

Dude straight fucked up by not listening...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Attack on Titan Season 2, Episode 8:

Pretty much the definition of a breather episode as we are reminded of the fact that Eren is kind of a rampaging psychopath and Mikaka's admiration for him boarders on the fetishistic.

I actually think he got called out corre tly on this one. Kato openly offered any help at all and he completely blew her off and ignored her trying to be there for him and the team...

Dude straight fucked up by not listening...

Na I mean I get that too, dude definitely fucked up a lot all on his own. Tomoya definitely seems to have some trust issues but I don't think he isn't listening, he just wants to do it himself which probably is another part of what makes Kato mad. Definitely should have answered that call from her though, and maybe they could have figured something out. Tomoya hopefully will learn from this how to maybe open up and trust his teammates more.

AoT S2 - 08

A deserved cool down episode but I wasn't fond of it.

Enough with the childhood flashbacks, those don't add anything we didn't already know about Eren and co. We already get plenty flashbacks to their training years which are actually important and thus acceptable but I really don't need to see over the top raging Eren and World Champion Fighter Mikasa duke it out against some dumb bullies. I don't even dislike these two generally speaking but sequences like that sure are just bad.

It's also weird that the sequence is kinda used as Mikasa's dream sequence/memories but quite a few scenes of the flashback play without her even being present. So that weakens the idea that Mikasa is dreaming about that before waking up.

They could've handled Mikasa's troubles and the bonding between Armin, Hannes and her in a much more succinct manner.

What I would've liked to see more of were the reactions of Connie and Jean upon being informed about the Armored and Colossal Titan's true identity.

A kinda disappointing episode when the previous two were so damn strong.

Attack on Titan 33

That start of the episode was so meh and anti-climatic. After such an abrupt ending I was expecting way more of a bang start. But no, they just went and finished it that way....Kind of lame.

Other then that I liked the little flashback and the morale raise of Mikasa and Armin. It was a moving story.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
[cross-post] Anyone have more shows like Kado? Been watching a lot of DB Super and need something with a bit more thought process.

This season? No.

PLANETES is on crunchyroll now though.

Why would they have taken the sister into the yakuza?

Though I feel like this orphan-one adopted plot is kind of common.

Yeah, it just seems shitty to take one sibling but leave the other.

I think I was also confused as to whether the two are actually the biological children of the Yakuza boss and he abandoned Hinako or if the boss just adopted Hikaru and left Hinako. Especially since Hikaru said he's always been sickly - in terms of wanting male successors, why would a Yakuza boss adopt a sickly son??

Either way, it's pretty shitty.

Period. Ever. At this point I'm willing to watch even shows from the 80s. As long as they make me think and go 'whoa'

I think Legend of Galactic Heroes might have you covered from what I hear, MPR can confirm though. I've been meaning to watch it but waiting for blu ray.

I don't know how thought provoking it is, but Steins;Gate is a fun time travel show that will make you look back at earlier episodes and appreciate it.

Yamato 2199 has thought provoking episodes that while standard for sci fi featuring AI, is still great.

Serial Experiment Lain

Texhnolyze (slow burn warning)

Monster

Space Brothers (slow burn warning)

KraytarJ

Period. Ever. At this point I'm willing to watch even shows from the 80s. As long as they make me think and go 'whoa'
I haven't seen much Kado but my understanding is it's a lot of diplomacy and negotiations, and if that's what you want then check out Log Horizon (moreso S1 than 2) for some of that stuff.

I haven't seen much Kado but my understanding is it's a lot of diplomacy and negotiations, and if that's what you want then check out Log Horizon (moreso S1 than 2) for some of that stuff.
I'll add to that and say while both seasons of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex are worth watching, 2nd G.I.G. specifically is dedicated to a complex plot to maneuver two countries into war, with lots of polticial intrigue behind the scenes of Section 9's investigation. It's definitely worth watching if you like that kind of stuff (Stand Alone Complex is good too, but it's focus is far more sociological than political).

KraytarJ

My Hero Academia 21
It honestly just keeps getting better. Maybe a few throwaway fights but birdman vs Yaoyorozu was phenomenal, with Yaoyorozu finally showing disappointment for continuing to fail after getting in on a recommendation. The ditto at the end was pretty funny too, with even Deku not bothering to sit through it. But really the good stuff is next with Uraraka vs Bakugo next and Deku vs Todoroki right after. Honestly this is the mark of a great tournament arc: I'm excited to see the upcoming matches.

JulianImp

[cross-post] Anyone have more shows like Kado? Been watching a lot of DB Super and need something with a bit more thought process.

Mouryou no Hako (mystery)
Pananoia Agent (thriller, mystery)
Psycho-Pass S1 (action, cyberpunk)
Mushishi (Japanese mythology, mostly episodic, subdued pacing)
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju (period piece, drama)
Kokoro Connect (school drama)
Flowers of Evil (pretty twisted school drama)
Gatchaman: Crowds (action, drama, sentai)

And maybe Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (mystery/horror).

KraytarJ

Attack on Titan 33
A full on set up episode, where we're once again reminded of how Armin and Mikasa are always there for Eren. And of course the suicide dive ends comepletely fine for Bertholdt and Reiner but not for Eren, oh well there's going to be round 2 eventually so maybe that'll redeem it. Also, there's only 4 episodes left in S2. Kinda weird.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm glad I read the AoT manga. AoT S2 has this issue for some episodes where like I enjoy it a lot, but then I remember that there's only 12 episodes, which sours it a little even if the character development and such is much appreciated.

jbug617

Banned
Anipex of America is releasing Blue Exorcist S1 Set for $160 (just like the SAO S1 Set). Available in June
zF0cHhF.jpg

■ Bonus OVA Episode ”Kuro Runs Away from Home"
■ Bonus Short Animation ”Ura-Eku"
■ Textless Openings & Endings
■ Web Previews
■ CM & Trailer Collections

* Bonus contents subject to change.
* Bonus contents include English subtitles

All 2 Bluray Boxsets of the show is sold out and out of print. The movie is also sold out and out of print. Would be nice if they had included it in this set.
http://www.blueexorcist.com/bluray-box-complete.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom