• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Berserk (2017) 11

rKr1xhW.gif

Actual photo of Narag after watching the latest episode of Berserk.

COr_KLBi_WEAA7b_PO.jpg

I wonder if people remember this mostly terrible movie?...

A movie that I still haven't decided my feelings towards; can't figure out if the shit outshines the schlockyness or the schlock outshines the shit...maybe the lost full version would help.

I secretly do love Hellraiser: Bloodline for being so wonderfully bad.

wow i thought hellraiser 4 was some prequel thing but its also a future sequel thing? horror movie franchises are so wonderfully garbage

except nightmare on elm street which stayed mostly good in comparison

sonicmj1

Kado: The Right Answer 10

This didn't go full shonen the way it should have, so I'm very disappointed. But the twist also doesn't really serve the show they've been doing to this point. Ah well.

That said, as an exhibition of cool, unusual uses of CG, I was pretty impressed. I appreciated the abstract ambition of the opening montage, even if that entire segment doesn't work with the story they've been telling so far and, as a result, completely falls flat thematically. This is the climax of a very different show from what we had been watching.

OHW6TDs.png

You can tell she's in America because everyone else has big noses.

What was Episode 0 for again?

Cornbread78

Fantastic Children ep. 13-14
Ahhh, there it all is. Been waitong for a detailed explination as the wtf was going on with those kids. It's a shame ep.14 was a recap episode because I really want to see how they get back..

Line_HTX

Kado: The Right Answer 10

This didn't go full shonen the way it should have, so I'm very disappointed. But the twist also doesn't really serve the show they've been doing to this point. Ah well.

That said, as an exhibition of cool, unusual uses of CG, I was pretty impressed. I appreciated the abstract ambition of the opening montage, even if that entire segment doesn't work with the story they've been telling so far and, as a result, completely falls flat thematically. This is the climax of a very different show from what we had been watching.

What was Episode 0 for again?

I think Episode 0 was introducing the characters that are supposed to be somewhat important before they moved the giant block away from Haneda Airport, but now I'm not so sure...

His and Her Circumstances/Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou 1-4

So I decided to take a stab at this because I saw stuff and the designs kind of gave me a slight vibe of a certain Gainax show. The main two characters stars Yukino, a girl who practices the art of vanity, and Arima, a boy who is seemingly perfect at first glance until he finds out Yukino's secret (that her image isn't real).

The first four episodes takes a look and his and her circumstances of what drives them to appear to be perfect students and what is underneath their masks. There's introspection of things they don't quite grasp of themselves due to striving to be "perfect", and how stunted they really are from their pursuit of selfworth and adoration of others. They spend time breaking down the two before they reach their inevitable conclusion: Hooking up.

Arima's feelings are obvious from the get go, although he's not the main lead character. Yukino is merely growing beyond her vanity, and through learning about his and her circumstances, come to better understand why they attracted each other. Needless to say, they did hook up in this wacky RomCom. And I do think this may be a more proper RomCom because it's not the "sexual frustration" RomComs like Love Hina, TLR(D). No need for breast groping gags. Just some good ol fashion character development.

Now I'm ready to see what goes beyond them loving each other beyond confirming it with a better than normal hand holding ritual.

cj_iwakura

^I love that show so much I bought the OST. Enjoy it.

When did the Steins;Gate movie get localized...? I actually saw it for sale at an FYE. I never even heard about it happening.

Arima is clearly the best boy in this show. Good thing there's no other cock to get involved here

EDIT: MOTHERFUCKER NOT EVEN TWO MINUTES LATER THERE'S A NEW DICK INVOLVED

zulux21

His and Her Circumstances/Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou 1-4

So I decided to take a stab at this because I saw stuff and the designs kind of gave me a slight vibe of a certain Gainax show. The main two characters stars Yukino, a girl who practices the art of vanity, and Arima, a boy who is seemingly perfect at first glance until he finds out Yukino's secret (that her image isn't real).

The first four episodes takes a look and his and her circumstances of what drives them to appear to be perfect students and what is underneath their masks. There's introspection of things they don't quite grasp of themselves due to striving to be "perfect", and how stunted they really are from their pursuit of selfworth and adoration of others. They spend time breaking down the two before they reach their inevitable conclusion: Hooking up.

Arima's feelings are obvious from the get go, although he's not the main lead character. Yukino is merely growing beyond her vanity, and through learning about his and her circumstances, come to better understand why they attracted each other. Needless to say, they did hook up in this wacky RomCom. And I do think this may be a more proper RomCom because it's not the "sexual frustration" RomComs like Love Hina, TLR(D). No need for breast groping gags. Just some good ol fashion character development.

Now I'm ready to see what goes beyond them loving each other beyond confirming it with a better than normal hand holding ritual.
It's a solid show. though it's also very obvious that it is made by the same gainax that made Eva.

fucking text bubbles.

Narag

Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju 1
In an anime mood and don't want to be crushed by a backlog come January so figured I'd move on to this. Good start, I read all about what freaked everybody out, and I'm glad I did because now I can pay attention to certain character interactions with that in mind.

What the fuck is up with all the dick talk up in here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hrM2biD7g4

Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju 1

In an anime mood and don't want to be crushed by a backlog come January so figured I'd move on to this. Good start, I read all about what freaked everybody out, and I'm glad I did because now I can pay attention to certain character interactions with that in mind.

wow you sure owned me by starting that amazing series. im owned

Is it weird to find the first volume of 08th MS Team more enjoyable than all of Zeta Gundam? 08th hits the ground running.

Nah I agree and generally think outside of the original trilogy compilation films, every UC OVA is better than the main line stuff. I think Tomino is a great ideas guy but has highly questionable execution. The only OVAs outright worse is the igloo stuff.

jonjonaug

I can't tell what the fuck is going on here.

Like a solid minute of the trailer going back and forth on scenes of a girl touching another girl's thigh, then a couple of shots of a beta male who will likely get cheated on and then handsome man?

Is this a show about lesbians or not?

It's about lesbians yeah. I don't remember their names and I'm too lazy to walk ten steps to my bookshelf to check but here's what I remember from how far the manga's along.

MC#1: Trendy/fashionable girl who's nervous about her first boyfriend but her concerns shift to "why do I get more turned on by my best friend than when I'm with my boyfriend" pretty early on.
MC#2: Best friend of MC#1, starts making out with MC#1 ostensibly so she can "practice" but it's pretty clear that she wants to get together with MC#1 and for MC#1 to save her from her abusive boyfriend. Has a mischievous personality.
Boyfriend#1: Boyfriend of MC#1. He's this regular "nice guy" type. He's gentle with MC#1 and doesn't want to rush her into anything she feels uncomfortable with, but still wants their relationship to advance. You end up feeling sorry for him but it's also kinda funny watching him get cheated on cause he's just such an adorably standup guy that doesn't deserve that shit. It's cute to see him be oblivious to it and think "wow my girlfriend and her best friend are such good friends!"
Boyfriend#2: Suave scumbag type. Friend of boyfriend#1. IIRC he tries to blackmail MC#1 and 2 or something. Is probably abusive to MC#2.

I think the MCs names were Yuma and Hotaru but IDK for sure.

It's about lesbians yeah. I don't remember their names and I'm too lazy to walk ten steps to my bookshelf to check but here's what I remember from how far the manga's along.

MC#1: Trendy/fashionable girl who's nervous about her first boyfriend but her concerns shift to "why do I get more turned on by my best friend than when I'm with my boyfriend" pretty early on.
MC#2: Best friend of MC#1, starts making out with MC#1 ostensibly so she can "practice" but it's pretty clear that she wants to get together with MC#1 and for MC#1 to save her from her abusive boyfriend. Has a mischievous personality.
Boyfriend#1: Boyfriend of MC#1. He's this regular "nice guy" type. He's gentle with MC#1 and doesn't want to rush her into anything she feels uncomfortable with, but still wants their relationship to advance. You end up feeling sorry for him but it's also kinda funny watching him get cheated on cause he's just such an adorably standup guy that doesn't deserve that shit. It's cute to see him be oblivious to it and think "wow my best friend and her girlfriend are such good friends!"
Boyfriend#2: Suave scumbag type. Friend of boyfriend#1. IIRC he tries to blackmail MC#1 and 2 or something. Is probably abusive to MC#2.

I think the MCs names were Yuma and Hotaru but IDK for sure.
The way you describe the first boyfriend has me in tears because it reminds me of the story of the guy who is in an open relationship with his wife, which in this case meant she was fucking strange dick 24/7 while he stayed at home. And she'd come back and tell him about the hot sex stories and he'd nod and smile while thinking it didn't bother him because he's a feminist.

Line_HTX

God, that final anime arc really blows just because there's no real feeling of, hey, I got my powers back along with a brand new power. It's just not the same genuine sense of epicness and instead like, oh, was waiting for that to happen eventually.

Kickz

Inuyasha The Final Act Ep 20

Welp jewel shard is whole again, end game is definitely here with 6 eps to go.
Not sure who will die, but its hard to see them all making it out alive.

God, that final anime arc really blows just because there's no real feeling of, hey, I got my powers back along with a brand new power. It's just not the same genuine sense of epicness and instead like, oh, was waiting for that to happen eventually.

I think whats even weirder is how much in denial he is of wanting his powers back, he mopes in his bedroom allday and when given the chance to get them back they almost have to beg him to do it.
Almost like he doesn't want to acknowledge how much his powers define him.

Seeya Later Despairagator 01

Well this is some deep cut Japanese stuff. Reminds me of Hoozuki no Reitetsu, Joshiraku, Hyouge Mono and parts of Gintama/Monogatari where I can feel the translators struggling to make this work. Between the Japanese baseball references and the constant nonsensical kanji wordplay its really, really out there.

I like it tho

Alucard

Banned
So, what's the deal with Deathnote's popularity? Only watched the first episode and it seems super cheesy. Is it one of those "of the time" things that you get or don't get like Dragonball Z? (Also wasn't my cup of tea back in the day)

duckroll

So, what's the deal with Deathnote's popularity? Only watched the first episode and it seems super cheesy. Is it one of those "of the time" things that you get or don't get like Dragonball Z? (Also wasn't my cup of tea back in the day)

It's a super cheesy thriller about a teenage edgelord who uses supernatural powers to kill criminals in creative ways, and the direction is over the top and overdramatic because the director knows exactly how silly it is. What's there not to get? It's pure entertainment.

LotusHD

Banned
It's a super cheesy thriller about a teenage edgelord who uses supernatural powers to kill criminals in creative ways, and the direction is over the top and overdramatic because the director knows exactly how silly it is. What's there not to get? It's pure entertainment.

This, just enjoy the ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom