• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it'll be more than that though. Based on how Bones paced the first season I can imagine an entire episode being devoted to the race, another to the Cavalry Battle, and qutie a few to each individual "major" fight.

I'll bash my head in agony if this is the case again. The tournament if actually paced right should only take 5-7 episodes (3-4 chapter adaption per episode base)...but I don't trust Bones, not after managing to make MHA my biggest disappointment of 2016 anime.

KraytarJ

K-ON!! 19
Mio and Ritsu as Romeo and Juliet, so if there was any doubt it's cannon at this point. Then everyone stays overnight to practice or something? Really it was just more team-building good vibes. Kinda weird to look up and see that there really isn't much left already.

Is this worse than F91? That one was pretty terrible.

Thinking about the 00 movie in particular and F91, I'm actually not sure which one I dislike more.

Endless Waltz is far worse than F91. F91's biggest issue was being hyper condensed and the story heavily suffering as a result. Endless Waltz is just an awful story that feels like it's killing your brain cells with how stupid every character is acting.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Endless Waltz is far worse than F91. F91's biggest issue was being hyper condensed and the story heavily suffering as a result. Endless Waltz is just an awful story that feels like it's killing your brain cells with how stupid every character is acting.

Yet the fact (yes FACT) remains that it is still better than Awakening of the Failblazer.

9ci_OY1_X.jpg

Ah, true love.

So Gundam Wing?

Exactly. Although honestly, probably even worse than the TV series. I mean, the end of Endless Waltz is basically everyone going
"gee, this whole mess only happened because we didn't have the Gundams around anymore. Let's destroy them again now that this is all resolved."

God, Gundam Wing both TV and Endless Waltz are so, so dumb.

Exactly. Although honestly, probably even worse than the TV series. I mean, the end of Endless Waltz is basically everyone going
"gee, this whole mess only happened because we didn't have the Gundams around anymore. Let's destroy them again now that this is all resolved."

God, Gundam Wing both TV and Endless Waltz are so, so dumb.

I've been rewatching it as part of my big chronological Gundam-athon. I just got to the episode where Trowa attacks Oz by pretending to do a circus performance before unleashing heavy arms.

It just-- how did he sneak Heavy Arms into the tent ring without anyone noticing? Why is Catherine so oblivious to the death and destruction he's wreaking and far more concerned with his suicide ploy?

Then why does he even need to commit suicide? He rampages all of Oz with complete ease anyway. After he and Hero leave the Circus ring leader is sad to see him go? But wouldn't he and his traveling circus be under investigation for harboring terrorists? Shouldn't he be really mad at Trowa for using his job as a cover?

I feel like you could write a book on the sheer idiocy displayed episode to episode.
and yet I continue to rewatch it.

So I watched a couple of more Ghibli movies. I've been trying to watch more of the non-Miyazaki ones.

The Secret World of Arrietty
unfortunately didn't do it for me. I ended up watching the British Dub of it and while I thought the atmosphere was good, I just didn't get invested in any of the characters.

Tale of Princess Kaguya
on the other hand. Damn good movie.

Wanderer5

Hm not sure of much I want to see this season. Now that I enjoy and caught up on My Hero Academia manga, and that the anime is on CR, maybe that will be something I will look into. There Berserk too, but bleh.XD I hope Little Witch Academia will improve this season too.

Should keep a eye out for a original/non-sequel show based on something I haven't seen.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Finished Code Geass season 2. Last 6ish episodes were odd. I can't tell if if the show is brilliant, or the creators had no clue what they were doing and just sort of stumbled to a fitting conclusion, it really felt like they just made shit up as they went. Show really reminds me a lot of Escaflowne.

Also felt like they condensed two seasons into one, they seemingly got the endgame, and then there was still 5 more episodes.

There are a shit ton of loose plot threads, which I guess Season 3 may address. I do think I am growing to enjoy Anime that doesn't really explain shit more and more though.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
gabriel dropout was awesome, definitely top 10 anime for sure. Looking forward to a second season, going to miss Satania <3

jman2050

Finished Code Geass season 2. Last 6ish episodes were odd. I can't tell if if the show is brilliant, or the creators had no clue what they were doing and just sort of stumbled to a fitting conclusion, it really felt like they just made shit up as they went. Show really reminds me a lot of Escaflowne.

Also felt like they condensed two seasons into one, they seemingly got the endgame, and then there was still 5 more episodes.

It's worth mentioning that R2 aired on a prime time slot instead of the late night slot the original season was at so the production team more or less had to scrap what they had planned and start over. In a way they did have no real clue what they were doing.

The result of course ends up being a glorious trainwreck, so I'd say it was a net positive even if their entire story got gutted and chopped to bits as a result.

Taruranto

I actually missed this was the new season thread. This season mostly looks underwhelming, as it seems the most intereting anime are sequels to stuff I either didn't watch or don't care about.

Well, at least we can start bully KEY fans again, I suppose.
I kid.

zulux21

ah I am really enjoying this season already.

instantly I know whose taste I can trust or not trust by who thinks this season looks awesome or underwhelming :p

can't wait for the season to start, so many potentially great shows this season.

I likely will be able to put my little project to watch every dubbed funimation anime off their service due to how many shows I will be watching :p

that being said I am working on the virgin witch maria right now.
it's alright so far, better then you would expect with the name.

Sölf

I just really really hope they can
get the Stain arc right. That shit with Iida and Stain is one of the highlights of the entire manga to me. Stain's a fantastic villain.

Yeah, I hope so to. But just wait for them draggon out the tournament arc over the whole season (which I doubt, but still).

Mendrox

I'm sure it'll be more than that though. Based on how Bones paced the first season I can imagine an entire episode being devoted to the race, another to the Cavalry Battle, and qutie a few to each individual "major" fight.

Nya, the pacing of the first season was bad cause they planned it a bit early and that was the first endpoint back then. I think the anime was in production after the first or second volume something like that. We will see, but I think the pacing will be great.

Shounen Jump has found its groove with the yearly seasons of animes without getting into filler territory.

NeonZ

I think the end-game was their intention all along, but they clearly had to stumble pretty badly to get there.

Szadek

Little Witch Academia - Ep. 11
Suddenly plot as well as tons and tons of foreshadowing.
Looks like the show is actually going somewhere pretty soon.

Cornbread78

Nana ep,21
0SW0N9K.jpg

Oh Hachi, you are down a long road to pain with this one. At least you got to be a groupie for a night.

Attack on Titan ep.23
YLzIOlk.jpg

Damn, it feels like they skipped some stuff on the way to this reveal, but damn that rat!....

Clov

Sentai has licensed Armed Girls Machiavellism and Sagrada Reset, both of which will be exclusive to Anime Strike.

Sentai has licensed Armed Girls Machiavellism and Sagrada Reset, both of which will be exclusive to Anime Strike.

Guess that might be bad for people looking forward to Sagrada Reset then.

Not sure if anybody was looking forward to Armed Girls here...

Hey, everyone, I decided to take advantage of the new seasonal thread to stop by and say hi. I've been spending the last couple of years getting back into anime after falling out with it about 10 years ago during high school due to having little spare time to keep up with shows on a regular basis. It's only been the last season that I've been watching current shows in addition to my seemingly endless backlog, but I've been having a lot of fun getting to experience the last decade one show at a time. I don't honestly know how often I'll be able to stop by, but hope to share some of my experiences and maybe, just maybe, have something novel to say. ;)

As for this season, I think I'm most excited for the sequels seasons for My Hero Academia, Rage of Bahamut, and Saekano, as well as new shows like Clockwork Planet, Kabukibu!, Re:Creators, and Sakurada Reset. I'll be watching more than twice that initially though because I'm writing a seasonal preview like I did last season for a friend's website, so these next few weeks are going to be a little hectic!

Hey, everyone, I decided to take advantage of the new seasonal thread to stop by and say hi. I've been spending the last couple of years getting back into anime after falling out with it about 10 years ago during high school due to having little spare time to keep up with shows on a regular basis. It's only been the last season that I've been watching current shows in addition to my seemingly endless backlog, but I've been having a lot of fun getting to experience the last decade one show at a time. I don't honestly know how often I'll be able to stop by, but hope to share some of my experiences and maybe, just maybe, have something novel to say. ;)

As for this season, I think I'm most excited for the sequels seasons for My Hero Academia, Rage of Bahamut, and Saekano, as well as new shows like Clockwork Planet, Kabukibu!, Re:Creators, and Sakurada Reset. I'll be watching more than twice that initially though because I'm writing a seasonal preview like I did last season for a friend's website, so these next few weeks are going to be a little hectic!

Welcome! This is similar to what my Wife and I do every season for our website, although we watch the 1st episode of near everything. The only stuff we skip out on is second seasons we never watched the first season of, or 2nd seasons of stuff we wrote off as bad/not recommended previously. Good luck on making it through! I'm cautiously excited for Clockwork Planet and Re:Creators too.

Szadek

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid - Ep. 12
We finally get to see how the 2 met in the first place. Very cute stuff.
After that ending tease the next episode better have a fantastic action scene.

Thud

All Out - END

Should have called the last episode 'Flowers, water or worms and the earth'.

I'm not sure if they do more. It has that "it's just starting" vibe.
While individual episode are quite good, this season of All Out lacks a good punch/finale.
Also Gion totally jobs in the end, where did that Super Saiyajin God aura go to?

Luckily Tiger Mask continues delivering.

Cornbread78

Attack on Titan ep.24-END
0PfS6NQ.jpg

Now that was a fight... a brutal, bloody, mother-fu(king hype fight. From start to finish, it was intense as hell. (Well, they did take a 2 second break, which made me laugh like hell when
Eren Tossed the female titan through the building killing almost all of the cultist praying to the "wall Gods"
Praise the sun! Mikasa was OP as usual, which was to be expected, but dammit Eren you big pu$$y; you had 1 damn job to do.... Just one, and you had to be a giant pu$$y, even in titan form. So much for "shedding some humanity to bring a better tomorrow"....

Overall, this show is an enigma, just like MHA. It wears the best of what it is with its action, adventure and intensity, and worst of what it is with it's horrid pacing out on it's sleeve and doesn't give a $hit about it.

That said, yeah, Eren is an annoying twat, Mikasa is a love-struck childhood friend that, I'm guessing, gets put in her place in S2, and this show is still pretty damn good. I heard it was only going to be one cour next season, which is a shame because you can see that they have a much larger story to tell here... Either way, bring it on tomorrow!

hampig

Attack on Titan ep.24-END
0PfS6NQ.jpg

Now that was a fight... a brutal, bloody, mother-fu(king hype fight. From start to finish, it was intense as hell. (Well, they did take a 2 second break, shich made me laugh like hell when
Eren Tossed the female titan through the building killing almost all of the cultist praying to the "wall Gods"
Praise the sun! Mikasa was OP as usual, which was to be expected, but dammit Eren you big pu$$y; you had 1 damn job to do.... Just one, and you had to be a giant pu$$y, even in titan form. So much for "shedding some humanity to bring a better tomorrow"....

Overall, this show is and enigma, just like MHA. It wears the best of what it is with its action, adventure and intensity, and worst of what it is with it's horrid pacing out on it's sleeve and doesn't give a $hit about it.

That said, yeah, Eren is an annoying twat, Mikasa is a love-struck childhood friend that, I'm guessing, gets put in her place in S2, and this show is still pretty damn good. I heard it was only going to be one cour next season, which is a shame because you can see that they have a much larger story to tell here... Either way, bring it on tomorrow!

Glad to read some positive impressions. I know the show is huge, but I generally only see it being trashed when discussion comes up online. I really enjoyed the show though, had some intense moments.

Line_HTX

Annie, are you OK? Will you tell us, that you're OK?

Then you ran into the bedroom, you were struck down. It was your doom...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom