• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sprites that look like things they're not supposed to

Took me 20 years but i finally saw that this logo wasnt a witch, but rather a unicorn

U.N.%20Squadron.jpg

Also

38855-Phantasy_Star_II_(USA,_Europe)_(v1.2)-1459670941.png

I always looked at the poisoner as its eyes being the big red spots, not the black dots on his little head

I'm trying my damnedest to see both of these but I just can't. The UN Squadron one especially, it's pretty high res, how do you see a witch there? I MUST KNOW.

Myriadis

I'm trying my damnedest to see both of these but I just can't. The UN Squadron one especially, it's pretty high res, how do you see a witch there? I MUST KNOW.

I can see it too. The lower part of the unicorn's head (mandible?) is the mouth and the neck is the huge chin.
Looks very cartoonish, kinda Disney.

Thorgal

the manes are the hair
the horse's jawline look like an evil smile and the mouth looks like a big crooked nose .
the hore's neck looks like a pointy chin

you are looking at the "witch" from the side

retroman

Here's the cover art of the Commodore 64 version of Gauntlet:

Gauntlet_(us_gold).jpg

At the top is a picture of the original arcade title screen. I always thought the barbarian's chest and belly were on the right and his arm on the left, even though that would mean the arm holding the weapon would completely be in the wrong position.

There are some actual weird things to be seen on that cover art, though. Check that drawing of Questor on the bottom right. What the hell is going on with his body?

Top Bottom