• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spyborgs seeing significant overhaul

king zell

You won’t see new assets for several more months. We’re refining it considerably (pretty much as significant an overhaul as Dark Void underwent from its first announcement to its first big reveal). I have seen a new build recently though… it’s coming along nicely. That’s all I’ll say about that for now. - Christian Svensson, Corporate Officer/VP of Strategic Planning & Business Development

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap.../2148976/Spyborgs_and_Zack_and_Wiki_Questions

Aeris130

I must be jaded, but "tailoring the game to the younger audience" was the first thing that came to mind when I read the title.

Scrubking

Aeris130 said:
I must be jaded, but "tailoring the game to the younger audience" was the first thing that came to mind when I read the title.

Actually, that was how the game was originally designed so by overhaul I would think they are moving in the opposite direction.

The reality is that they are probably only upgrading the graphics. Poopie jokes with shaders?

Shahadan

cw_sasuke said:
Delayed ? it was always stated as a 09 title...

This is GAF. Watch how this thread will become "omg Spyborg delayed cause of Motion Plus and redesigned and concept threw away for more blood and mature true hardcore things".
They are just updating graphics, guys.

NEO Frog

Banned
Maybe they are doing a Shadowrun-like overhaul.

Remember the original graphics of 360 Shadowrun and everyone bitched. Then they updated the art-direction considerably. And that was all do to backlash by gamers and it was done in a pretty short timeframe.

Of course Shadowrun was ment to be a cyberpunk RPG...and that game was not cyberpunk nor an RPG and thus I did not buy it.

farnham

Banned
Scrubking said:
Hopefully they got the message. No more kiddie shit on Wii.
whats wrong about kid oriented games

Mario or Kirby are kid oriented games too

yet they own

NEO Frog said:
Maybe they are doing a Shadowrun-like overhaul.

Remember the original graphics of 360 Shadowrun and everyone bitched. Then they updated the art-direction considerably. And that was all do to backlash by gamers and it was done in a pretty short timeframe.

Of course Shadowrun was ment to be a cyberpunk RPG...and that game was not cyberpunk nor an RPG and thus I did not buy it.

The Problem with shadowrun was that it was a online only game that required a online playing fee and yet did not have the popularity of WoW

legend166

The fact that people looked down on this game because it wasn't 'mature' was pretty damn retarded.

It's one thing to say "Yeah, I don't think it looks that great", but people really really going insane because it was 'kiddy'.

I don't understand why. It reminds me exactly of Ratchet and Clank.

Threi

notag
legend166 said:
The fact that people looked down on this game because it wasn't 'mature' was pretty damn retarded.

It's one thing to say "Yeah, I don't think it looks that great", but people really really going insane because it was 'kiddy'.

Methinks its the same as if Capcom were to release a brand new IP for the 360...a FPS. It could have great new features and sound promising, but it is still an IP in an overcrowded genre. The Wii has great cartoony games already, and i guess Wii owners are just looking for variety.

NEO Frog

Banned
legend166 said:

It was not just that...it's the art-direction sucked! I could be cool with the game and it's characters and mechanics...but the art-direction needs to be better. A lot better.

Aeris130

farnham said:
whats wrong about kid oriented games

Mario or Kirby are kid oriented games too

yet they own

No, they're 'everyone and his grandma'-oriented.

Mario = Mickey Mouse

Spyborgs = Hannah Montanah

taku

NOW THAT I AM AN ADULT I CAN SPEND ALL MY TIME PLAYING MATURE GAMES WITH VAGINAS AND GORE IN THEM, WOO! OH NO, MARIO IS KIDDY EVEN THOUGH IT'S FUN! WAH WAH WAH WAAAAH!

the TMO

Shahadan said:
This is GAF. Watch how this thread will become "omg Spyborg delayed cause of Motion Plus and redesigned and concept threw away for more blood and mature true hardcore things".
They are just updating graphics, guys.

:lol
I think this game will be great ^^

Scrubking

Threi said:
The Wii has great cartoony games already, and i guess Wii owners are just looking for variety.

THIS. It's hard to believe more people can't grasp such a simple concept.

Besides, everything about the game's announcement worked against it.

1. It looked like an early ps2 game
2. It looked generic as hell
3. It had minigames
4. It had poopie jokes
5. It was unveiled alongside games like RE5 then heralded as a AAA game

In other words Capcom totally and utterly failed when announcing this game.

NEO Frog

Banned
We’re refining it considerably (pretty much as significant an overhaul as Dark Void underwent from its first announcement to its first big reveal)

Where can I see the original Dark Void pics. All I find when searching are from June/July 2008. I wanna see how big of an improvement they are hinting at!

It just looked really really generic to me, thats why I said meh.

Looked like a budget PS2 title or something, compare it to something as stylized as No More Heroes or even Capcom's own Z&W and it just seemed lifeless.

A nice looking game doesn't HAVE to be in 1080p on some powerhouse machine, just give it a good art style and you're on the way.

In GAF's case I think its just 'oh great another kiddy game?' - while of course they can be fun too, its just we already have a lot of great ones on Wii and maybe a bit of variety would be appreciated.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Scrubking said:
Hopefully they got the message. No more kiddie shit on Wii.

Or maybe they'll take out the platforming it'll turn into nothing but a mini-game collection.

Could go either way.

CTLance

I really didn't like the art direction, so I'm looking forward to the "overhauled" gameplay pics/videos. Doubt I'll like it even then, but hey, gotta be optimistic.

I hope they made the character's faces more like what you'd see in Naughty Dog and Insomniac's cartoony games. That's what I was hoping to see, and only Bouncer had that sort of look, pretty much because he's obviously a Clank look-a-like.

Penguin

I was disappointed at first.

Then I watched the trailer recently without the feedback and I like the idea. If they spruce up the graphics and maybe have online co-op would go much higher on my list.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
taku said:
NOW THAT I AM AN ADULT I CAN SPEND ALL MY TIME PLAYING MATURE GAMES WITH VAGINAS AND GORE IN THEM, WOO! OH NO, MARIO IS KIDDY EVEN THOUGH IT'S FUN! WAH WAH WAH WAAAAH!

/thread

Bizzyb

Banned
Maybe Capcom finally realizing they can make money on Wii if they truly try to make an effort.

We can only hope

Top Bottom