• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square and Sony are so nice. (so what should i get for my ps2)

B'z-chan

Banned
Well i've been having problems with FFXI for pc and Square does acknowledge that there might be some complications and that they might have messed my computer up really good. So i asked them if they would look into the problem and started to tell the head of customer service my experiances with FFXI and everything. And he told me he would call me back. I get a call no latter than 20 minutes tell me to go to a Sony refurb warehouse and pick up a PS2 refurb and FFXi barebones.

I'm just sitting here kind of awe struck at the idea. So i ask whats the catch and he says no catch, just we would like to make up for the problems in which you are having and we would still like you to experiance FFXi (cause as it is right now my pc version is unplayable).

So i go pick up what i now know is a wonderful refurb ps2, BBA already stuck on. It looks brand new. And right next to that box was FFXI in all its shiny glory. I was only told that they would be giving me just the discs and hdd, but no i got a new copy all to myself. The place also had a Time Crisis 3 return and i picked that up for just under 15 bucks sealed.

They were even so nice as to throw in a Spring 2004 guide for FFXI which was so nice of them.

So yeah i'm just all happy. And i've missed out on a year and a half of PS2ing (had one a long time ago) so what would be some good starters for renting or cheap games?

Now i seriously wont be able to ever make up my mind on what games to play. I need me some suggestions GAF please help me.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
First off Square/Sony are awesome for that customer appreciation move they did. I'm pretty impressed with how well they handled the situation. Hopefully they weren't right in assuming they messed up your PC, I would be MIGHTY angry if that were the situation.

Secondly, can anyone just stroll into a Sony refurb wharehouse and purchase whatever they might be selling? If you have a link to locate them then please provide, I'm very interested.

B'z-chan

Banned
Actually i dont think you can just go there, but i dont know. I had to call up when i got to the warehouse and they opened the door. Lots and lots of stuff, valuable stuff. I swear looking at the collection of pure sony stuff was eye shocking. I had asked about Time Crsis cause it was just sitting in a pile of broken controlers waiting to be "destroyed" so i made deal with the guy that was helping me out.

I hope they arent right in that they might have screwed my computer up. But i buttered the guy up over the phone on how much FFXI means to me. And i've always wanted to experiance more Square FF titles. I'm a little worried cause now that i'm looking at it the problems started to happen after a update to FFXI. But it could be a combination of problems.

I'm happy that they acted so quickly in getting be back in the game. As i've been out for two weeks now.

The game feels like a downgrade on PS2 but its a one hand game if you dont need to use a keyboard or talk to people.

Top Bottom