• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square confirms no KH3, 7R or possibly Nier this FY (ends 03/17)

maxcriden

Credit to Bits N Pieces for posting this in the DQ7 thread.

Neither Kingdom Hearts 3 or Final Fantasy 7 Remake are scheduled to release during Square Enix's current financial year, ending March 31, 2016*, the publisher has confirmed.

The publisher detailed its full list of "major titles" due for release during the financial year in an earnings presentation earlier today, reconfirming that World of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and the PS4 version of Rise of the Tomb Raider are all scheduled to launch during 2016.

Both Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Kingdom Hearts 3, however, are absent.

NieR: Automata doesn't appear on the list, either, despite having previously been dated for 2016. Either Square doesn't consider the game "major" enough to be listed in its financials or it's been pushed back to the next financial year. We've contacted the publisher for further clarification.

*undoubtedly they meant 2017 here.

Via: http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/nier_..._before_april_2017_nier_automata_delayed.html

Please lock if old. I searched but could not find another other thread.

// Mod Edit:

square1acuxh.png

I'd be disappointed but unsurprised to see Nier Automata delayed. Platinum can usually be relied upon to hit deadlines, but everything gets delayed these days.

DKHF

It's been clear for a while now that KH3 won't be releasing in 2016 so that's not surprising. I'm expecting KH3 to launch around September 2017 and FFVIIR Part 1 in November/fall 2017.

I wouldn't be surprised if NieR has been delayed.

zeromcd73

Not surprising. Neither is not seeing DQXI.

Looking forward to finally getting release dates on SaGa, KH 2.8, and WoFF though. Wonder when they will announce 'em.

Myze

Were any of these expected by March of next year, really? Nier would be the only one I would think is even in the realm of realistic, but I (and I'm sure most others) didn't expect it till next summer at the earliest. I would guess the first FF7R installment at end of 2017 at the earliest, and KH3 TBD 2018.

Ugh, all I wanted to do this Christmas was play Persona 5 and Nier Automata.

I don't know what I'd be using my PS4 for if it weren't for From Software.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The only one that stings is Nier: Automata. But honestly, that looks like a project that I love enough to wait for and hope to be expanded to its full potential.

I don't want it in my FFXV play window anyway.

zeromcd73

I believe they hopped to release it as an anniversary title and they extended the anniversary until March 2017
They confirmed it would launch during the anniversary period May 27, 2016 ~ May 26, 2017, although Horii didn't sound all the confident in that last awful livestream.

They confirmed it would launch during the anniversary period May 27, 2016 ~ May 26, 2017, although Horii didn't sound all the confident in that last awful livestream.

considering it most likely won't be in this FY, Horii has only 2 months to release it within anniversary period. inb4 release on 27th May lol

NieR was already considered delayed for me. I didn't exactly look like anything close to a finished project during the concert. I'm glad it is not being rushed.

DKHF

Not surprising. Neither is not seeing DQXI.

Looking forward to finally getting release dates on SaGa, KH 2.8, and WoFF though. Wonder when they will announce 'em.
KH2.8 and WoFF will get dates at E3 most likely.

I'm guessing DQXI will launch mid 2017 in Japan.

pLow7

(..)reconfirming that World of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and the PS4 version of Rise of the Tomb Raider are all scheduled to launch during 2016.

Bit worried that there is no FFXV here.

edit:
Square Enix - Major titles for FY ending Mar 2017:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - August 23, 2016
Final Fantasy XV - September 30, 2016
Rise of the Tomb Raider - Holiday 2016
World of Final Fantasy - 2016
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue - 2016
SaGA SCARLET GRAVE - 2016 (Japan)

Further down, there is this list, so no worries.

You also have the fact that they want to announce Nier's release window at E3 so it's possible they just want to leave that info for the announcement.

Though yeah, it doesn't seem like something too far along in development so not making the FY wouldn't be a surprise.

Farsi

I wouldn't expect FF7 or kh3 before Q1 2018. Square always announces stuff too early.

Understatement of the decade. Literally, versus 13 was announced a decade ago and KH fans have been waiting and will continue to wait even longer.

Shredderi

Not that I expected KH3 to be released anyday soon, but I gotta ask, what's with KH3? I mean, hasn't it been in development for a really long time now? The game must be some sort of a behemoth I guess.

Card Boy

Banned
Square Enix is a shit company for announcing games 10 years in advanced. Holy fuck. I prefer Bethesda's approach and revealing games less than a year out for release.

I had some hope for Nier since Platinum usually delivers games in a decent time-frame but oh well.
I doubt anyone here will live to see KH3 at this point.

DKHF

Not that I expected KH3 to be released anyday soon, but I gotta ask, what's with KH3? I mean, hasn't it been in development for a really long time now? The game must be some sort of a behemoth I guess.
They switched engines around October 2014 and the developer is going from developing PSP and 3DS games to current gen games with this game.

Top Bottom