• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix 1st Production Department Premiere Thread: [Some Trailers]

duckroll

27758.jpg

What

Square Enix is hosting a major conference in Japan today to showcase the latest offerings of their internal first division development team. The developers of Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Final Fantasy Agito XIII, the Kingdom Hearts series, and the Dissidia Final Fantasy series will present a closer look at their upcoming titles, and possibly announce some new titles as well.

The conference will be held twice, with the first showing for press and invited fans only, followed by a second showing for the remaining invited fans. The second showing will also be live streamed for S-E Members who applied for a streaming pass.

Where

Those invited to the actual event will be enjoying the show in the comfort of Screen 1 of the Toho Cinema in Roppongi Hills. Everyone else will either be reading about it on a liveblog, or watching the live stream.

Streaming link: http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv35407388 (For those with a streaming serial code from S-E Members)

Andriasang's second hand "liveblog": http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/18/square_enix_premier_live_blog/

When

Show without streaming starts at:
Japan: 6:00pm
Western US: 1:00am
Eastern US: 4:00am
Brazil east: 7:00am
GMT: 9:00am
Germany: 10:00am

Live streaming event start at:
Japan: 8:00pm
Western US: 3:00am
Eastern US: 6:00am
Brazil east: 9:00am
GMT: 11:00am
Germany: 12:00pm

-------------------------------

Final Fantasy XIII-2
- 2011 in Japan
- PS3 and Xbox360
- Logo and trailer shown
- Trailer And Website On The 20th
- http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/ff13-2/

PPuuA.png

image4bo37.jpg

APZonerunner said:
Announcement on forthcoming release of
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2
A sequel to “FINAL FANTASY XIII”

London (18 January 2011) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces a new release for next winter, FINAL FANTASY® XIII-2 for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. A sequel to “FINAL FANTASY XIII” originally released in Europe in March 2010 that has since shipped a cumulative total of 6 million units worldwide.

“FINAL FANTASY XIII-2” is currently in production with an aim for producing high quality game content which exceeds “FINAL FANTASY XIII” in every aspect; namely, a brand-new story which stems from the previous title as well as a battle system which has evolved further since “XIII” – and more. We will be disclosing further details about the new game in the future.

From the release of the first FINAL FANTASY in 1987, this unique RPG series has continued to offer the industry’s most advanced graphics, highly imaginative worlds and rich stories as it gains the highest accolades from users around the world. Titles in the series have so far achieved a cumulative shipment of over 97 million units worldwide (* as of September 2010).

For more information about FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 please visit the official website at http://www.finalfantasy13-2game.com
Final Fantasy Type-0
- This is AgitoXIII renamed
- Could be start of a new series
- Two UMDs
- Summer 2011 In Japan
- A voice cast of over 30 people
- http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/0/
- Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC5P3Jxvtzg

enigaldr9lqj9r3xhxw1soqm1v.jpg

Final Fantasy Versus XIII
- No release date
- Still PS3 exclusive
- Trailer was fully voiced
- Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A0AU1eNSXk

versus02.jpg

Thanks glaurung!

Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]
- Doesn't Feature King DDD
- Stars Sora And Riku
- Character Switching System
- http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom/3d/

ptle66u221wt49bom5gbti8m02.jpg

wq26qo6ibd388cnos7i3efgdix.jpg

ubjumcck282lv4t2u18x3fsdms.jpg

Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy
- Pay 300yen for demo today, get Aerith Assist Character with full game
- Prishe
- Maybe Gilgamesh

duckroll

Opus Angelorum said:
Is there any credible rumours as to what we might see?

There are no credible rumors, but there are possibly hints based on domain registration and trademark filings. Recently S-E registered trademarks for "Final Fantasy Type-0" and logo marks for Type-0, Type-1, Type-2, and Type-3. A domain for Final Fantasy XIII-2 was also registered by a company who has previously registered domains for S-E in the US.

As for confirmed announcements of what will be featured at the show, there are supposed to be new announcements for Kingdom Hearts 3D, Dissidia 012, and full trailers for both VersusXIII and AgitoXIII.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Will SE be putting out the trailers publicly the following day?

Despera

Banned
I'm trying my best not to fall for the hype... Damn it...

HYPE!

Also, looking forward to sampling some of Shimomura's work on Versus XIII.

marathonfool said:
This is SE's big media event and yet they are only streaming this to a few members?

This is S-E, I'm sure Duckroll will give convicing arguments why outdated shit like this still flies in 2011.

RpgN

marathonfool said:
This is SE's big media event and yet they are only streaming this to a few members?

More importantly, why do they still put pictures on their twitter with shit quality?!

Kinda joking, streaming to a select few is annoying indeed

Tabris

SE will perpetually disappoint me unless I hear the following: "FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE", "XENOGEARS SEQUEL", or "CHRONO SEQUEL". Nothing else will satisify me.

Unless they start making good games again, then I'll be happy but like that's going to happen :|

farnham

Banned
Tabris said:
SE will perpetually disappoint me unless I hear the following: "FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE", "XENOGEARS SEQUEL", or "CHRONO SEQUEL". Nothing else will satisify me.

Unless they start making good games again, then I'll be happy but like that's going to happen :|
isnt xenoblade a quasi xenogears sequel ?

Omiee

please give versus a release date for this year in japan and maybe march 2012 for the rest of the world.

farnham

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
You mean Xenosaga, right?
i thought it was xenogears-> saga -> blade

saga is kind of a prequel (gears is supposed to be ep 7 or something, while saga 1 through 3 is ep 1 through 3) and blade is a spin off kind of deal.

Tabris

cosmicblizzard said:
You mean Xenosaga, right?

Nope. Xenosaga was amazing (well mainly Episode 3) but I want a more direct Perfect Works adaption that fits into Xenogears. Never going to happen though, much like a third game in the Chrono series, thus perpetual disappointment :(

Akainu said:
That isn't either.

A lot more than Xenoblade is.

farnham said:

saga is kind of a prequel (gears is supposed to be ep 7 or something, while saga 1 through 3 is ep 1 through 3) and blade is a spin off kind of deal.

Oh, that's what you meant. Then yeah (Gears is ep 5).

Tabris

farnham said:

Nope. Xenogears was Episode V in a planned series of 6 (as discussed in Perfect Works).

Xenosaga was originally (? maybe not?) going to be the adaption of that planned series but it strayed away and came up with an original story with only thematic references to the old series.

Xenoblade as far as I understand has nothing at all to do with Xenogears or Xenosaga.

Tabris

The issue they had is they tried to space out their ideas too much and Xenogears Ep1 and 2 were filled with too much unneccessary filler. You could still see how everything may start linking up to Xenogears then. But with the creator/director gone and Namco cutting all funding for future titles, they went a completely different path.

In some ways I am glad as Episode 3 was a superior title to everything in Episode 1 and 2. But it also means we will never get Episode 3-4 to Xenogears and then the final conclusion in Episode 6. C'est la vie.

Sorry for derailing thread.

Ellis Kim

Banned
So I take it you had to sign up early somewhere on the JP S-E Members site to get the serial for the stream? Or can you get it just as an S-E member? :S

Feep

Banned
There's apparently no livecast for us pathetic non-members, so what's the best way to get hyper-fast info? The above liveblog? F5 this page to hell and back?

Seda

Feep said:
There's apparently no livecast for us pathetic non-members, so what's the best way to get hyper-fast info? The above liveblog? F5 this page to hell and back?

Andriasang link.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Feep said:
MY BODY IS READY (and listening to Somnus is helping)

I'm listening to the song that was played on the 5 minute trailer.

Top Bottom