• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix 1st Production Department Premiere Thread: [Some Trailers]

Mr_Brit

Banned
Kagari said:
Still PS3 only it looks like.
Good. A single blu ray means that it won't have to be forcibly segmented like FFXIII was. Sucks for 360 only owners but their loss means the game won't be compromised.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I still prefer the old Agito logo. The Type 0 art doesn't work well with the logo. Seems to be a clash in style.

Mr_Brit said:
Good. A single blu ray means that it won't have to be forcibly segmented like FFXIII was. Sucks for 360 only owners but their loss means the game won't be compromised.

...That had nothing to do with FFXIII going to the 360.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The question is, does it say "For PS3 Only Worldwide?"

Gravijah

Mr_Brit said:

I wouldn't look into it too much. If E3 2011 goes by and it's still PS3, then I'll believe that it's PS3 only.

klee123

I doubt it would have been saved for E3 when FFXIII-2 just got announced for 360. At this point it's most likely timed exclusive.

keithm

What do people want Versus XIII to change? Haven't we gotten used to it? Honestly I think that the idea of Final Fantasy FIFTEEN is even more ludicrous.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
klee123 said:
I doubt it would have been saved for E3 when FFXIII-2 just got announced for 360. At this point it's most likely timed exclusive.

Or else the game can't be ported without massive cuts.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The Praiseworthy said:
Honestly who toughed that VersusXIII is suddenly going multi?

It would have been very very ridicules and SE is aware of that.

True, maybe they already ran out of feet to shoot.

Kenka

The Praiseworthy said:

Not sure of that. FF XIII was multiplateform and made 30% of its first month sales in the US on 360.

Paracelsus

klee123 said:

A late port of a Jrpg for 360 makes less sense than a porting of Gears of War 2 for PS3 in Japan.

Not sure of that. FF XIII was multiplatAform and made 30% of its first month sales in the US on 360.

Fixed

Suzzopher said:
Like I said, there is no point in Versus going multi platform. XIII-2 is coming now.
How does that at all make a point? Yeah lets not release our HD FF on the console where some people are going to end buying another HD FF game.

It will probably come and maybe it will just be outside of Japan.

KingDizzi

Banned
sublimit said:
And Don Mattrick.

15d10eh.gif

So it's finished?

Gravijah

keithm said:
What do people want Versus XIII to change? Haven't we gotten used to it? Honestly I think that the idea of Final Fantasy FIFTEEN is even more ludicrous.

We got used to Agito XIII and then SQUARE TOOK IT AWAY FROM US!

StuBurns

Banned
Pureauthor said:
...That had nothing to do with FFXIII going to the 360.
Probably not, but we know something of the structure of Versus, and it's apparently nothing like that.

However, I doubt a port is technically impossible.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Its over ? So i guess no Megatons today. But at least well get trailers later...

keithm said:
Doesn't help they wasted 2 numbered entries on the MMOs. We'd be looking ahead to FFXIII if they hadn't done that, ha.

KTallguy

Banned
Ugggghhhh was there at least some gameplay of versus????
Oh well...

Oh NM my bad:

19:25 -- But there's good news!

19:25 -- The Versus component comes to an end with just the trailer.

19:25 -- The trailer appears to have a whole lot of gameplay footage, including combat scenes with swords and guns, a scene where you control a tank-like vehicle, a scene where you climb aboard a bipedal robot, a battle with a massive creature (this may be the combat scene from the TGS trailer), and a battle where Noctis wields his sword against a group of soldiers.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
No release date for Versus XIII? lol

Mr_Brit said:

my god do people still believe this shit

Beth Cyra

Super excited for XIII-2, more so then Type-0 and Vs XIII.

That said though, how does VS XIII still not have a release date? I mean come freaking on.

ULTROS! said:
The question is, does it say "For PS3 Only Worldwide?"

Yes it did:

243hc.jpg

Honestly people should stop singing this old song... it was used so many times with MGS4 and nothing ever happened, used with VersusXIII for the last couple E3s and yet nothing.

So make peace with it already. :\

RpgN

The Praiseworthy said:

You know, just like FFXIII, it makes total sense that it's mentioned as an exclusive in Japan. If they're going to announce an xbox 360 version, then it's going to be announced on this year's E3. Unless it's coming later :/ It was multi for the West afterall.

Gravijah

The Praiseworthy said:
Yes it did:

243hc.jpg

Honestly people should stop singing this old song... it was used so many times with MGS4 and nothing ever happened, used with VersusXIII for the last couple E3s and yet nothing.

So make peace with it already. :\

And, yet: Final Fantasy XIII.

If it was being released for the 360, I'm not sure why they wouldn't just announce it now.

I don't see what effect the time of such an announcement has on sales.

Rpgmonkey

Looks like Versus might be 2012. Also looks like I have a reason to laugh at the game for another year.

And coming this year and no trailer of FFXIII-2? That sucks.

ULTROS!

The Praiseworthy said:
Yes it did:

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7622/243hc.jpg[IMG]
[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about the new trailer. :P

Ellis Kim

Banned
Green Scar said:
Well, it was probably cool. But it should have been called FF Online.
I think that if it wasn't numbered, there wouldn't have been as many people who played it. At least, that's my guess at the reasoning.

Regardless, XI brought us Prishe :D

Eliciel

this is it?

Agito = Type 0

Final Fantasy XIII-2 officially announced?

I somehow had higher expectations. I expected even Final Fantasy XV and FF Versus XIII release date

Top Bottom