• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix 1st Production Department Premiere Thread: [Some Trailers]

The Praiseworthy said:
Yes it did:

243hc.jpg

Honestly people should stop singing this old song... it was used so many times with MGS4 and nothing ever happened, used with VersusXIII for the last couple E3s and yet nothing.

So make peace with it already. :\

lololololagox.jpg

:p

Seda

The Final Fantasy XIII-2 trailer will be available for viewing at the official site on the 20th. The other trailers will be available on the 27th. They will all be in HD.

-Andriasang

Paracelsus

Gravijah said:
And, yet: Final Fantasy XIII.

FFXIII hadn't the same exact label, it changed from only to "only in Japan" before that E3.

People just cannot accept this could be Sony's "The Agent" (moneyhat to partially fund x-game shifted to y-game after x-game went multiplatform).

jeremy1456

Kandinsky said:
Why the fuck is that? people keep saying this and i just dont get it.

Because the drastic departure of structure is more akin to a spin-off than a mainline game.

It would be like if Dragon Quest Swords was Dragon Quest IX.

Gravijah said:
And, yet: Final Fantasy XIII.

It was always shown ( for playststion 3 ) in FFXIII trailers so they ( maybe? ) could have used it as an escape window.

But after the announcement of the 360 version.... they started to add ( ONLY for playstation 3 worldwide ) for Versus Trailers, seen the different now?

StuBurns

Banned
jeremy1456 said:
Because the drastic departure of structure is more akin to a spin-off than a mainline game.

FFXIII structurally is identical to FFX.

szaromir

Banned
Square Enix Japan: "We are now making only Final Fantasy games. Suck it bitches"
NeoGAF: "Where's my FF15? :("

It's a good thing the Eidos part is doing well even after the acquisition, kinda surprising seeing what's going on over in Japan.

Seda said:
The Final Fantasy XIII-2 trailer will be available for viewing at the official site on the 20th. The other trailers will be available on the 27th. They will all be in HD.

-Andriasang

Great... more waiting!!

I always toughed VersusXIII would be a 2012 game... but never toughed it might be a 2012 HOLIDAY game!!! spring maybe but not holidays :\

They better make it a worldwide release.

Gravijah

The Praiseworthy said:
It was always shown ( for playststion 3 ) in FFXIII trailers so they ( maybe? ) could have used it as an escape window.

But after the announcement of the 360 version.... they started to add ( ONLY for playstation 3 worldwide ) for Versus Trailers, seen the different now?

Uh, yeah... Sure. All I'm saying is, I'll believe it's PS3 only when I see it. Not that I care either way; I'll be buying it on the PS3.

Beth Cyra

szaromir said:
Square Enix Japan: "We are now making only Final Fantasy games. Suck it bitches"

It's a good thing the Eidos part is doing well even after the acquisition, kinda surprising seeing what's going on over in Japan.

It's a very certain part of SE, the part that works on FF and KH. What exacty did people expect to be here?

StuBurns

Banned
jeremy1456 said:
We were talking about FFXI :p
Oh sorry, there is a post very similar to the one you posted earlier on this page that is about FFXIII's structure.

I agree FFXI should have been FFOnline, with XIV being Online 2. Maybe the Agito thing will be their handheld spin off franchise, that'd make a lot of sense I think.

Kandinsky said:
Why the fuck is that? people keep saying this and i just dont get it.
My reasoning? Brand stagnation. A series reaching it's tenth game looks better a series reaching its 14th, and having the number to show it.

I'm not here to troll your MMOs. :p

RpgN

Seda said:

-Andriasang

That's great news! Seems like they're starting to get it...slowly.

EDIT
Then again, paying for a demo? Back from scratch :(

Gravijah

Green Scar said:
My reasoning? Brand stagnation. A series reaching it's tenth game looks better a series reaching its 14th, and having the number to show it.

I'm not here to troll your MMOs. :p

Ten isn't that much better than 14. You're still with the Friday the 13ths of the world.

Paracelsus said:

If that wasn't Amano art, I'd be positive that's the same person. But since it is... Well.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hmm... I just realized the Versus XIII website hasn't been updated in two years.

Rpgmonkey

Seda said:

-Andriasang

You mean I'm not getting trolled this time?

What a...weird feeling I have right now.

Feep

Banned
Final Fantasy:
Type-0
Dissidia Duodecim
Versus XIII
FFXIII-2

They're really tepid about tapping that numbered line. After the disaster of XIV, I don't blame them.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Tron 2.0 said:
But it still hurts my heart. :_(

Final Fantasy is like that high school sweetheart you never forgot, but you wish you did.

Then you find her facebook and check her status, only to discover she's a nymphomaniac with a serious addiction to heroine. :(

Acosta

I keep saying the same I was saying months ago, I could be wrong but I have the feeling I'm not: Versus won't be multi because the main target (for Nomura at least) is getting a bit hit in Japan, so they can't be bothered to make a port that won't help to that objective, especially if it affects the actual development (god knows it´s slow enough already.)

This, of course, is just a personal impression with nothing to back it, just my personal bet. Other thing is that I don't think Microsoft is that interested in getting Versus as it was for getting a mainline FF.

szaromir said:

I feel more confident of Eidos than SE right now. Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, and Hitman.

Gravijah

Regulus Tera said:
Final Fantasy is like that high school sweetheart you never forgot, but you wish you did.

Then you find her facebook and check her status, only to discover she's a nymphomaniac with a serious addiction to heroine. :(

It's gonna be OK, Reg. You didn't need her anyway.

falconzss

Rpgmonkey said:
Looks like Versus might be 2012. Also looks like I have a reason to laugh at the game for another year.

And coming this year and no trailer of FFXIII-2? That sucks.

Considering FXIII-2 is scheduled for 2011, there's no chance in hell for Versus to be released before 2012. That is if they release FXIII-2 this year...

Kenka

A new console is right around the corner and they even haven't said if they are going to port their Type-0 franchise on the 3DS or not.

So I guess these are the only games we can expect from 1st Production Department for now.

Garjon

Fairly uneventful conference, though it'll be nice to see if SE can remedy the failures of FFXIII

WickedLaharl said:
http://www.abload.de/img/lololololagox.jpg
:p
What are those green blobs in front of the username?

Kandinsky

jeremy1456 said:

But i thought every FF entry was a drastic departure from the last one and the only thing they had in common was the name and some random guy named Cid and floating boats?, at least thats what Gaf and FF fans been saying for years.
I just find the "wasted" comment very silly especially since XI probably funded half the shit we're getting these days.

Kagari needs to bring back that avatar. It's my favorite.
What Kagari needs is his old tag.

Gravijah

Naked Prime said:
Wonders if SE is going to start an EA sports naming convention. Final Fantansy 2013 has a nice ring.

But EA Sports just moved to double digit numbers. It's Madden 11, now.

Acosta said:
I think is Lighting fighting with his "dark side" for sure.

Then why does the dark side lack have tiny boobs?!

jeremy1456

Kenka said:
A new console is right around the corner and they even haven't said if they are going to port their Type-0 franchise on the 3DS or not.

So I guess these are the only games we can expect from 1st Production Department for now.

With the way Nintendo is I wouldn't be surprised if SE announcements were being saved for Nintendo's own conference.

Then again, I'm not really expecting a port of Type-0... get a PSP if you want to play it. The game is on 2 UMDs which does not bode well.

Top Bottom