• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces "Bravely Default For The Sequel" for 3DS

duckroll

Leaked in Jump.

- Dec 5 2013
- Retail: 4990yen
- Expansion digital download: 2900yen

Includes:
- New story events
- New controls for more comfortable play
- Auto-mode can make battles up to 4 times faster
- Difficulty options
- Save slots increased to 3
- Supports old save files

This is an expansion + re-release of Bravely Default. Not a sequel. Presumably the subtitle suggests that they're selling this to fund the sequel? Lol. Hopefully this is the version used for the US/EU release.

Phazon

I wonder if Nintendo will be giving this version a localistion instead of the previous one?

The new features sound cool, I'd be okay with waiting a bit longer and having these things.

Asd202

I've made this post in another thread I think it will fit here :p.

Wait? WHAT? I really hope the localized version will include those extras. Thinking about it now maybe that's why we haven't seen the game since announcement at any convention. Wishful thinking I know :(.
This subtitle is really fucking stupid though.

Andrefpvs

"Bravely Default For The Sequel"

I beg your pardon?

This is an expansion + re-release of Bravely Default. Not a sequel. Presumably the subtitle suggests that they're selling this to fund the sequel? Lol. Hopefully this is the version used for the US/EU release.

This would be great.

Leaked in Jump.

- Dec 5 2013
- Retail: 4990yen
- Expansion digital download: 2900yen

Includes:
- New story events
- New controls for more comfortable play
- Auto-mode can make battles up to 4 times faster
- Difficulty options
- Save slots increased to 3
- Supports old save files

HAHA good one Ducky, we know this is SE we're talking about...

dramatis

They're asking you to go bankrupt so that they may have a sequel. Good stuff.

I wonder if they consult the localization department for these titles...

tuffy

If this is the version that's coming over, that would explain why the EU release was unexpectedly pushed into next year.

So this looks like a "GOTY", "Ultimate", "Complete" version of the game that is often used in the west on re-releases. Am I right with that assumption?

We better get this version in the US. I'm going to assume this is why it's taking so long to localize
It's probably not why though :[

Forkball

People said, "You can't make a dumber name than Bravely Default" and Square responded, "Oh yeah?"

I hope we get this before 2017. Though I guess I should be happy that the base game is even coming at all, thank you based Nintendo for all your (3DS) decisions.

duckroll

In the article, the producer says that this is the "complete edition" of Bravely Default, and they want to give people a chance to play a version of the game with all the improvements they've made before they release the sequel. Sounds like the sequel is a done deal, and it would be very shameful if this isn't the EU/US version because the producer has also acknowledged the interest of overseas fans previously.

Mael

Holy SHiT! This needs to be a massive success!!
And I need this in PAL in my 3DS like yesterday!!!!!!!!
37864688.jpg

Asd202

In the article, the producer says that this is the "complete edition" of Bravely Default, and they want to give people a chance to play a version of the game with all the improvements they've made before they release the sequel. Sounds like the sequel is a done deal, and it would be very shameful if this isn't the EU/US version because the producer has also acknowledged the interest of overseas fans previously.

So BD 2 in 2014? I wonder what will be first localized version or the sequel :p.

Rapstah

Maybe they mean "The sequel for Bravely Default" in a combination of a complete lie, a misunderstanding of English prepositions as postpositions and a poor choice of preposition.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
2k yen for something like this? No thanks. BD was awesome, but I don't feel like playing it again just for "New story events".

Sadist

... man, 3DS has some weird Square-Enix games when looking at those titles

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Bravely Default Flying Fairy

... ... ... crazy folk.

I hope you're right, but the release date makes me doubtful. I mean if BD is still due for a Europe release late in 2013, it'll be close to simultaneous and it would be unusual to do that, though I guess not unheard of.

Top Bottom