Square Enix announces its Jump Festa lineup

#1
- Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3)
- Seiken Densetsu 4 [Dawn of Mana] (PS2)
- Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ (PS2)
- Seiken Densetsu: Heroes of Mana (NDS)
- Chocobo to Mahou no Ehon (NDS
- It's a Wonderful World (NDS)
- Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings (NDS)
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (NDS)
- Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (Wii)
- Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete (Blu-ray Disc/Film)


This year's Jump Festa will be on 16.12.06 and 17.12.06.
 
#9
Finally, some more FFXIII media, hopefully it sparks my interest this time.

Looking forward to DQM:J the most (curious to see what FFXIII versus and FFXII Revenant Wings looks like though)

Nallen said:
Will we ever see any of the Crystal Chronicles titles?
Those and Crisis Core seem to have vanished. :(
 
#12
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3)
Do you think we will see something really new or the same trailers we have seen?

It would be nice to have something in real time with no doubt about it, it would save a lot of discussion.

Lot of DS love (wonder why? ;) ) And Crisis Core still in oblivion, anyone think we will see it for 2007?
 
#14
Gaijin To Ronin said:
And Crisis Core still in oblivion, anyone think we will see it for 2007?
Doubt it, DQM:J is for december and we've seen quite a bit on it, same for Chocobo, but we've barely seen anything on CC so yeah 2008 probably.

fresquito said:
Is there any pic or info on Revenant Wings? Only thing I know is a srpg and a FFXII spinoff. I wish it was something like the original FFT :-/
No pic, but IGN had some info a few weeks back.
 
#15
fresquito said:
Is there any pic or info on Revenant Wings? Only thing I know is a FFXII srpg. I wish it was something like the original FFT :-/
No in-game shots, just the opening CG sequence for the game. There's a good bit of info, though. It's basically a sequel starring Vaan and Penelo after the events of FFXII, though some of the other characters return as well. It's not an SRPG -- it uses a modified XII system.
 
#17
ethelred said:
No in-game shots, just the opening CG sequence for the game. There's a good bit of info, though. It's basically a sequel starring Vaan and Penelo after the events of FFXII, though some of the other characters return as well. It's not an SRPG -- it uses a modified XII system.
Ah, thanks for the clarification :)
 
#19
I'm not bothering with another FF on any platform until they remove the characters from the godawful sci-fi and cyber-punk setting and return them to the proper medieval/industrial-era theme. :mad:
 
#23
Elios83 said:
- Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3)
- Seiken Densetsu 4 [Dawn of Mana] (PS2)
- Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ (PS2)
- Seiken Densetsu: Heroes of Mana (NDS)
- Chocobo to Mahou no Ehon (NDS
- It's a Wonderful World (NDS)
- Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings (NDS)
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (NDS)
- Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (Wii)
- Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete (Blu-ray Disc/Film)


This year's Jump Festa will be on 16.12.06 and 17.12.06.
December's gonna be sweet for RPG lovers!
 
#27
Mrbob said:
So is Crisis Core ever going to come out? Amazing how it is never shown.
I'll bet that SE decided to scale back the team and budget of this game mid development meaning that while stuff is still moving forward, it's doing so...very...very....slowly.

Also, in an unrelated matter, surely someone, somewhere in SE must be concerned that maybe they maybe spreading their Final Fantasy IP a little thin, I mean seriously, how many FF games have they released in the last two years?
 
#29
NintendosBooger said:
I'm not bothering with another FF on any platform until they remove the characters from the godawful sci-fi and cyber-punk setting and return them to the proper medieval/industrial-era theme. :mad:
You didn't play FF12 did you. It can hardly be called a "sci-fi/cyber-punk" setting, as it was mostly an industrial age with some technology setting. People still fought old-school FFT-style in it.
 
#30
I never thought I'd see the day when Square was giving more love to a Nintendo system again. Strange times these are strange times.

Now lets see some CC for Wii all ready.
 
#31
Pellham said:
You didn't play FF12 did you. It can hardly be called a "sci-fi/cyber-punk" setting, as it was mostly an industrial age with some technology setting. People still fought old-school FFT-style in it.
It's amazing just how much of the medieval spirit FFXII managed to maintain despite its ostensibly higher technology level. It hardly had a futuristic feel at all -- if anything, the game gave off more of an FFVI vibe, which was really nice. It even had a new version of the Magitek Lab.

FFX could hardly be called futuristic, either. It had probably the lowest technological level in its civilization.

It's just pointless bitching.

Elios83 said:
- Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3)
- Seiken Densetsu 4 [Dawn of Mana] (PS2)
- Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ (PS2)
- Seiken Densetsu: Heroes of Mana (NDS)
- Chocobo to Mahou no Ehon (NDS
- It's a Wonderful World (NDS)
- Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings (NDS)
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (NDS)
- Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (Wii)
- Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete (Blu-ray Disc/Film)


This year's Jump Festa will be on 16.12.06 and 17.12.06.
Nice list. I'm disappointed by the lack of Crystal Chronicles and Crisis Core, though.

FFXIII still isn't doing it for me, but I'm interested most of the rest of the games here. Particularly It's a Wonderful World, Heroes of Mana, DQS, and Dawn of Mana.
 
#35
Pellham said:
You didn't play FF12 did you. It can hardly be called a "sci-fi/cyber-punk" setting, as it was mostly an industrial age with some technology setting. People still fought old-school FFT-style in it.
The characters just didn't appeal to me. Final Fantasy is a storybased game, and I prefer more gritty and reserved main characters, along with a traditional fantasy-based storylines and character backgrounds, such as the ones found in most of the pre-FF7 games.
 
#37
NintendosBooger said:
The characters just didn't appeal to me. Final Fantasy is a storybased game, and I prefer more gritty and reserved main characters, along with traditional fantasy-based storylines, such as the ones found in most of the pre-FF7 games.
So again... you didn't play the games.
 
#38
NintendosBooger said:
The characters just didn't appeal to me. Final Fantasy is a storybased game, and I prefer more gritty and reserved main characters, along with a traditional fantasy-based storylines and character backgrounds, such as the ones found in most of the pre-FF7 games.
FFVI was very Tolkien-esque... *chuckle*
 
#41
ethelred said:
So again... you didn't play the games.
Why would I need to play the game if I've read the reviews? Again, FF is heavily story-driven and that's what I mainly focus on when purchasing RPGs. I'm not criticizing the game-play at all, just the character information, setting, and theme. I don't need to play the game to get all the necessary information on those things.
 
#42
NintendosBooger said:
Why would I need to play the game if I've read the reviews? Again, FF is heavily story-driven and that's what I mainly focus on when purchasing RPGs. I'm not criticizing the game-play at all, just the character information, setting, and theme. I don't need to play the game to get all the necessary information on those things.
Clearly you do since your impressions are 100% wrong.