• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces New York Comic Con line-up (Revealing Sleeping Dogs story DLC)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yep, I bet you can guess the line-up.

Square Enix PR said:
Square Enix Unveils Plans For New York Comic Con 2012

Playable Demos of HITMAN: ABSOLUTION, TOMB RAIDER and New Sleeping Dogs DLC to Be Revealed

Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, today announced details of its presence at New York Comic Con (NYCC), taking place at booth 1802 at the Javits Center Thursday, October 11 through Sunday, October 14.

NYCC attendees will be able to go hands-on with the award-winning Square Enix lineup, including upcoming titles HITMAN®: ABSOLUTION™ and TOMB RAIDER®, as well as a first look at DLC for the recently released open-world cop drama Sleeping Dogs™:

• HITMAN: ABSOLUTION – In the last public showing before the game’s November 20 release, NYCC attendees will be able to play the demo at the Square Enix booth and meet the IO Interactive development team at a special panel featuring a live playthrough and Q&A:

When: Saturday, October 13: 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
Where: Room 1A10, Javits Center
Who: Christian Elverdam (gameplay director, IO Interactive), Hakan Abrak (lead producer, IO Interactive)

• Sleeping Dogs – Fresh off its triumphant launch, the critically acclaimed open-world undercover cop drama will be playable on the show floor. The main attraction comes on Sunday when members of the United Front Games development team will reveal a brand-new content expansion for the game:

When: Sunday, October 14: 1:15 PM – 2:15 PM
Where: Room 1A23, Javits Center
Who: Mike Skupa (lead designer, UFG), Dan Sochan (producer, UFG), Justin Bullard (cinematics producer, UFG), Lee Singleton (GM, Square Enix London Studios)

• TOMB RAIDER – In addition to being able to get hands-on time with the game, New York Comic Con attendees will have the opportunity to test their archery skills at the TOMB RAIDER Archery Experience. Each participant will let three arrows fly at their own individual TOMB RAIDER themed shooting target which they can then take as a memory of the event. Those lucky archers who hit a bull-eye will receive a limited edition TOMB RAIDER lithograph. The Archery Experience is being supervised by the New Jersey School of Archery.

When: Thursday, October 11: 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Friday, October 12: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday, October 13: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM*
*first hour on Saturday reserved for TOMB RAIDER community and media guests
Sunday, October 14: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM

Where: North Pavilion Walkway NC 106, Javits Center

Also taking place during the convention will be a series of charity auctions, the proceeds of which will go to Child’s Play (www.childsplaycharity.org). Fan works, signed lithographs and original hand-drawn art by project leads have been gathered from Square Enix properties including Sleeping Dogs, DEUS EX®: Human Revolution™, HITMAN: ABSOLUTION and TOMB RAIDER to contribute to the cause. The auctions will run through Sunday, October 12. Visit the Child’s Play eBay store (supported through eBay Giving Works) to bid.

Along with the panels, Square Enix fans will have several opportunities to take home fun and unique items during the show. With contests, interactive activities and more, NYCC attendees will have multiple chances to win amazing prizes.

HITMAN: ABSOLUTION PHOTO SNIPING CONTEST
Upload your best photo sniping image to be entered for a chance to win a custom HITMAN: ABSOLUTION console. Runners up will receive miniature figures of Agent 47, and HITMAN-themed ties and tie clips. Participants can upload their photo entries at hitman.com/photosnipe or by the photo-sniping app on the HITMAN Facebook page.

MEMBERS SWEEPSTAKES
Attendees can sign up to become a Square Enix Member for a chance to win prizes.

SQUARE ENIX LIVE BROADCAST
Square Enix Community Manager Robert Peeler will be live on location streaming directly from the Square Enix Booth at www.ustream.tv/squareenix.

PRESS ONLY: Media are invited to visit Square Enix’s media suite – in operation on Thursday, October 11 and Friday, October 12. Please contact the Square Enix team for details.
Source: http://terminalgamer.com/2012/10/04/square-enix-unveils-plans-for-new-york-comic-con-2012/

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
We already knew about the Sleeping Dogs DLC reveal gosh Nirolak.

Also, Day One.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hmmm. Doesn't look like there's anything that will pull me off the Halo 4 line at NYCC sadly. Archery sounds cool though.

Jhoan

Would've loved to have tried out Hitman and have seen the Sleeping Dogs DLC announcement, but I'll be working on the Show Floor those 2 days. :(

I suppose I'll ask for a break that coincides near those two times. Or hope that I get assigned to work those two events if people need help there. I'll add this to the NYCC thread OP, thanks Nirolak.

Squire

Banned
Yep, read this last week. Put SD down pretty nuch right after I finished it. Going back could be cool, so I'm excited to see what they've got going on.

Eidos rules; Square drools.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Poop lineup this year, at least last year we got FFXIII-2 and I got a phone # while waiting on that line :p

I hope there's another SE afterparty, last year's was awesome (open bar!!).

Cornbread78

iOS/Facebook games, Where are they? I want them from you SE, that's all look forward to from your announcements......

jimmypython

I guess for LRFF13 we should expect JUMP FESTA.....and I have no faith to see anything FFXHD and Versus13 related this year.

still pissed by lack of new mainline KH games (i.e. BBS-2) for its 10th anniversary....

Salaadin

Oh man, the Sleeping Dogs announcement is on Sunday? But I probably wont be there Sunday!
Maybe I can extend my stay a little bit and leave Sunday afternoon, see the Sleeping Dogs stuff, and get back home that night.

Top Bottom