• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call for 3DS

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's not up to me. Depends on what Square Enix announces. :p
I know you have control over Square... in some way, shape or form. I just know it!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Chrono Trigger music please!
I would love to see it expand to other S-E franchises. Or heck, include more of the side-games, seeing as the original focused more on the main series with a few exceptions.

Glass Rebel

So there's no substance to the OP at present? It's just bullshit until the magazine actually comes out next week?

There's a scan floating around but I can't really make out any new stuff.

edit: wait, there's some new characters but
Zack from VII
is the only one I can make out

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Oh shit. I saw a scan. I think we can play as Ace from Type 0. All of my wat

Type 0 for 3DS confirmed

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The scan indicates precisely only 3DS, not any other platform.

Midou

I'm really hoping for other franchises like Xenogears and Chrono Trigger to make it. There are so many Square Enix franchises with wonderful soundtracks.

Day 0. First one was like the first 3DS game I bought.

For those of you doubting duckroll (what the hell is wrong with you?!), the scan really does say everything in the OP. Yes, it specifically says Nintendo 3DS under platforms.

I'm really quite surprised this is being made for the 3DS. Pleasantly surprised.

Jucksalbe

Banned
200+? Didn't the original game "only" have about 70 tracks? I wonder if this means all tracks from the first game will be included in this one.
Anyway, I really enjoyed Theatrhythm, so I will surely buy this one too, if it'll be released in the West. Hope they improve the Chaos Shrine.

cluderi

I look forward to not buying it at release, hearing how great it is and going on some crazed quest for weeks trying to find one at a reasonable price as its out of print.

Or I might just skip that and buy this one normally....

Mael

Are you suggesting I'm making stuff up?! :(

Absolutely not just checking if my sight and reading comprehension are still functionning.
I don't care at all about a possible iOS version, it didn't kill the sequel from coming on 3DS so it's good in my book.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
They probably will announce a western release soon - localization for such a game wont cost them much and they can release it on the eShop this time as well. This explains why they havent bothered putting the first game on the eShop.

Midou

Hmmm I hope it's not just original game + all DLC + some new songs mostly from XIV and LR, that would be a pretty huge number right?

Pooya

They probably will announce a western release soon - localization for such a game wont cost them much and they can release it on the eShop this time as well. This explains why they havent bothered putting the first game on the eShop.

there is a US trademark, so yeah.

The first game didn't exactly have a really strong localization.

Leaving the videos with Japanese text was surprisingly sloppy for Square-Enix.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Does it have Heart of Chaos? This is important.
Yes yes I know there's no track list yet.

Volcynika

Are you suggesting I'm making stuff up?! :(

Who can trust this face?

image.php

Roubjon

Hopefully they add a mission mode or something along those lines, like in DJMAX Portable. Those things are always really fun to do.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
200+ tracks sounds great. Especially since my enjoyment of OG Theatrhythm kind of wore itself out when I didn't end up downloading any of the DLC. >.>

The first game didn't exactly have a really strong localization.

Leaving the videos with Japanese text was surprisingly sloppy for Square-Enix.
This too. It bugged me a lot and I hope it's rectified this time.

Top Bottom