• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix - Blood of Bahamut

Jonnyram

No inspiration from SotC AT ALL! nosiree.

Edit: doesn't this counter mean it's in Jump so we should find out today/tomorrow anyway?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
bahumut-blood-111108.png

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Autumn Thread said:
According to 2ch images, it's for PSP?
Hoyl SHit - SE is really puttin all their shit on psp lately. Here i was expecting maybe finally some wii love :lol

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Nice art. And there's no way to not think of SotC after looking at that splash page.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
It's obviously a new Dragon Quest Rocket Slime game, this time you control a huge colossus instead of a tank!

duckroll said:
Of all the SotC "ripoffs" so far, this one comes the closest to copyright infringement. :/

SotC has the legal rights to any and all large monsters, I see. Certainly the "land resting on its back or head" for sure. Nope, never done before.

ambalek

Fuu said:
Nice art. And there's no way to not think of SotC after looking at that splash page.

Except that splash page reminded me of Bahamut from other Final Fantasy games before SotC

Aru

Just by hearing the music, it seems like a DS game.

But I hope I'm wrong :D
If it's really a new Square IP for the PSP, that's great.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Kulock said:
SotC has the legal rights to any and all large monsters, I see. Certainly the "land resting on its back or head" for sure. Nope, never done before.

Actually the Turtle thing from WKC popped into my head since the city on the back caught my eye first.

Kulock said:

check the design posted above...the similarities are jarringly obvious...not that I am complaining too much, there are far worse things to take inspirations from...its just, that is a collosus with a new lick of paint

schild

The favicon makes it look like a DS game.

What a waste of fucking awesome art. That shit should be at minimum 720p, if not 1080p in all of it's glory. Damn, that concept art really is just superb.

BrodiemanTTR said:
The spritework favicon suggests 2D? DS?
schild said:
The favicon makes it look like a DS game.
454545-1.png

Yep, DS/PSP/Mobile would be my guesses, but most likely DS. This picture could also be indirectly related to this game - could have been taken from a previous game from the same series, for example... Anyway, looks like we will know soon enough.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Never played Bahamut Lagoon, but it looks like a srpg (trpg, whatever), so if this new Bahamut game is also a srpg, then interest +1.

Top Bottom