• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix cancels Gun Loco (X360)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Good. Looked putrid and was never going to make any money.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Had the title confused with Gun Head for a moment there.

It'd be nice if EA announced that game. It needs to happen.

Qwomo

Okay good, I'm happy to see that I'm not the only person who thought this game looked abysmal.

Evidently SE agreed.

Nuclear Muffin said:
Surprising, I really thought that they were going to go through with it.

Maybe there's hope for DMC's cancellation after all!

You stop that dreamer-talk right now! I read this and I think "Yeah... maybe there is a chance after all..." then I realize there isn't and I am sad.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
They must have realized that they (excluding Eidos) can't do shooters.

See Mindjack.

z09w8.jpg

Hopefully no (innocent) employees were fired in the process.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The Spoony Hou said:
Square cancelled a shitty game? Really?

It's a rare event.

Canceling a game with potential and hype on the other hand...

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
The reason is most likely related to FFXIII-2.

Yoshiya

kinoki said:
The reason is most likely related to FFXIII-2.
Nope. The reason is almost surely that Mindjack sold approximately 7 copies worldwide. The game was meant to be out in the near future, so was probably almost entirely completed. It probably wasn't going to be as awful as Mindjack either, but that isn't saying much.

Edit: This was internal, right? If so this might not be an insignificant write-off.

Jintor

Looked alright but didn't look... notable. And between Bulletstorm, Duke Nukem Forever and Serious Sam 3 I don't think there would have been much of the 'what the fuck' market left over anyway.

soultron

Banned
Wasn't too keen on the art style or overbearing anime cliches, so I'm not too saddened by the loss.

Sorry for all those who put their time and effort into the game up to this point though. I hope they find a new project to work on. Wish them the best.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So it looked pretty bad but I'm still a little surprised that they cancelled it given the external licensing and partners involved; they had to work with a vinyl toy figure designer on the game designs, right?

Pooya

Stumpokapow said:
So it looked pretty bad but I'm still a little surprised that they cancelled it given the external licensing and partners involved; they had to work with a vinyl toy figure designer on the game designs, right?
yes.
so much money wasted.
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/09/09/the-models-used-to-make-gun-locos-loony-jailbirds/

image_thumb149.png

Gun Loco’s cast of cartoony criminals aren’t based on sketches or motion capture data. Square Enix hired Brothersworker to craft figures, which were digitally scanned to create the game’s characters.

ULTROS!

I hope they sell those figures, I'd like to get one myself.

Top Bottom