• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix closes Studio Istolia and cancels Project Prelude Rune

sublimit

Banned
project-prelude-rune-logo-artwork.jpg

Square Enix officially announced on May 14 that Project Prelude Rune was canceled. The game’s developing studio, Studio Istolia, was closed down as well. The employees of the studio will be relocated to other studios within Square Enix.

This announcement was made following the shutdown of the website and social media accounts related to Project Prelude Rune, and the departure of Hideo Baba, the project’s director, from Square Enix.

Announced in 2017, Project Prelude Rune was supposed to be a high budget JRPG launching on PS4, with inspiration from western fantasy. The game’s sole trailer was published with great pomp at Tokyo Game Show 2018.

:(

Zambatoh

So they closed the studio before they could even release their first game?
What is the point of opening a new studio if you're not even gonna follow through on it?

Fbh

The one trailer for the game sure looked generic as hell:

Maybe things weren't working out and with zero hype for the project they felt like it was best to cancel it.

sublimit

Banned
Nah, I meant that maybe we could merge threads. That confirmation was also in that old thread. That's all. Just a suggestion.
Ah my bad.I checked your OP and didn't saw the official confirmation but someone posted it below your post. Well if mods want they can either close this or merge the threads. :)

Top Bottom