• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix commits to PSN Game Archives..... starting TODAY (Japan)

tanod

when is my burrito
androvsky said:
Well, if the U.S. blog thought there were too many cries of "In-Game XMB", wait'll more fans get wind of this. :lol

We might actually see some of these.

I think Sony has intentionally delayed in-game XMB to spare themselves the wrath of "PS1 GAMEZ!!!!!!!" spammed a million times on every blog post.

North America
North America
North America
North America
North America
North America
North America
North America
North America
North America
North America
North America
North America!
North America!!
North America!!!1

1ghrgh.jpg

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Bushido Blade 1 and 2 please :D

Whoa and all these games will play on my psp for the awesome fracking WIN!!!!

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
tanod said:
I think Sony has intentionally delayed in-game XMB to spare themselves the wrath of "PS1 GAMEZ!!!!!!!" spammed a million times on every blog post.

Well you can count on me officially bitching on their blog starting now!

* Officially Bitched and will continue to do so till they do it!

androvsky

Andrex said:
So they're not gonna remake any of those anytime soon? :p

Well, Konami did release MGS1 on the PSN Store to warm people up for the release of MGS4...

No, they're not remaking any of these.

So what are the odds they release FFVII. I lost my copy and I really would like to play it again. I have to think they would rather release it on hardcopy as some collectors edition to sell it for more right. You guys think any of the three PS1 FF games will make it?

MiamiWesker said:
So what are the odds they release FFVII. I lost my copy and I really would like to play it again. I have to think they would rather release it on hardcopy as some collectors edition to sell it for more right. You guys think any of the three PS1 FF games will make it?

i'd be shocked if they released any FF game on PSN/VC/XBLA

Andrex said:
So they're not gonna remake any of those anytime soon? :p

i think they will remake til and including FF6 on the DS, and in the meantime they will shove the PSX FF games on the PSN til the inevitable
7 remakeeeee on ps3

yeah..

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This is fucking INCREDIBLE! THANK YOU SQUARE!!!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
LiquidMetal14 said:
This bodes well for the FFVII remake.

What?

How does this bode well for the FF7 remake? If anything, having them release FF7 to PSN shows that there is a decreased chance of getting FF7 remade.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Hcoregamer00 said:
What?

How does this bode well for the FF7 remake? If anything, having them release FF7 to PSN shows that there is a decreased chance of getting FF7 remade.
It means there's still a ray of hope.

Hcoregamer00 said:
What?

Summoning JollyCorner to the thread...

Zoe

Looking at the list they have to pull from, I really doubt any of the FF's will be included.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Hcoregamer00 said:
What?

It means a potential FF7 for PS3? And me lolling.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
In the Subject of Remakes, I freaking want a Chrono Trigger remake.

* I know I know it's nice to want things.

Hcoregamer00

LiquidMetal14 said:
Except there is more evidence leaning towards the FFVII remake.

What is the evidence aside from the glorified tech demo?

Elbrain said:
In the Subject of Remakes, I freaking want a Chrono Trigger remake.

* I know I know it's nice to want things.

Or at the very least, a DS port with the PSX cutscenes added.

Hero

Wow. Square Enix releasing old games on a virtual service when they can remake these and sell them for 40-60 a pop? Impressed. Come to NA.

Hcoregamer00 said:
What is the evidence aside from the glorified tech demo?
Well the developers have said time and time again that they'd like to when they were done with the FFXIII projects. Well something along the lines of that.

zoku88

Zoe said:
Looking at the list they have to pull from, I really doubt any of the FF's will be included.
Why do you say that? People seem to eat up FF games. They'd probably make the most money out of them. (I wonder how much it costs them to actually put a game on there, though. If it was dirt cheap, I wonder why companies aren't eager to throw games on there.)

Tobor

Awesome news. Maybe they will loosen the tourniquet on the VC as well. Actraiser is lonely.

Zoe said:

0% chance. -100% chance.

Teknoman

duckroll said:
Notice: This is not the weekly Japanese thread, do not post unrelated news in here please.

Square Enix has announced in this month's Dengeki Playstation due out on Friday that they are committing to releasing their classics on PSN. Starting TODAY (25th June), they will release Xenogears and Einhander on PSN, for 600yen each. There are 12 key titles that they plan on releasing on Game Archives, starting with Xenogears. There isn't a clean full scan of the interview yet, so this is all I know right now to be 100% accurate. Discuss. :D

Edit: The following titles are coming out TODAY, at 600yen each. They're all under the S-E label.

Xenogears (Square)
Einhander (Square)

e0if76.jpg

diffusionx

Gold Member
I was just thinking yesterday about how nasty Vagrant Story looks blown up on HDTV (sorry but its true), but how perfect it would be on the PSP. Put that and Xenogears on the American store pls Square.

btw: Megaton?

Hcoregamer00 said:
You already went down the road the moment you used this to pine hopes of an FF7 remake,

im pretty sure a lot of us did
just leave it out if you dont agree, dont need several pages of bickerin over it

Hcoregamer00

diffusionx said:
I was just thinking yesterday about how nasty Vagrant Story looks blown up on HDTV (sorry but its true), but how perfect it would be on the PSP. Put that and Xenogears on the American store pls Square.

Xenogears would also look nasty on an HDTV.

If they needed to remake a game they should do the PSX games like Xenogears, Chrono Cross, etc.

Hcoregamer00

NomarTyme said:
Japan getting all the goodies first! like SMRPG and now this.

Is that really a shock?

neojubei said:
Oh man, I'm afraid too much good ps3 news today....the backlash, the backlash....

There will be the moment they realize that there is no domestic release (which I hope there is).

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Hcoregamer00 said:
Xenogears would also look nasty on an HDTV.

If they needed to remake a game they should do the PSX games like Xenogears, Chrono Cross, etc.

Who cares! I have been recently playing Lunar Silver Star Story Complete and even though it looks freaking weak sauce I love the game.

bluemax

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
It's just no surprise. I mean, it's cool we got decent stuff instead of dogshit like Ehrgheiz or Vagrant Story, but the way people are acting here you'd think FF7 got remade.

I see what you did there.

diffusionx said:

It looks bad on PSP too. Way too dark. Besides the game play is still ass.

Hcoregamer00

Elbrain said:
Who cares! I have been recently playing Lunar Silver Star Story Complete and even though it looks freaking weak sauce I love the game.

Yeah, but old 2D games look better than old 3D games.

Final Fantasy VI is just as playable as ever, while FFVII is almost unbearable.

Top Bottom