• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix considering playable female character DLC for Final Fantasy XV

Which female character do you want to see as Final Fantasy XV DLC?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oh screw off, this is too little too late. DLC? Really? /sigh (edit: I stinking hate DLC, make a good game first, not hold everything you want in the game as dlc.)

I just saw this thread less than a minute after exiting a new gameplay video, uploaded today, of this game. It all just looks so bland. All of the guys are wearing the same dark colorless clothes, and now there's confirmation that these may be the only playable characters? This game just seem to have Final Fantasy slapped onto it. All signs point to it, the moogle thing, the crazy weird looking gigantic summons out in the open world, and so on.

I told someone I would get this for them as a gift, I hope they forget about it. Though it will be out long enough to find out if it's actually a good game by then.

It's a troll vote. I would probably vote for her if I voted, just because that would be a total SE lame move.

It's funny, actually true, and sad. Well with the playable 4 dudes. I don't know much about the other characters in the game. So far from what I've seen though, it is a sound conclusion.

Nitpicks and silly complaints the post

I love that Lightning is winning. She must not be forgotten.

Obviously Luna makes the most sense and I'd be all about that, but I'd take Lightning DLC in a second as well - both for the lulz and because I genuinely like her as a character. :p

EDIT: Considering we've got Lightning there, I'm surprised Stella wasn't also included as another troll option.

mugwhump

Do they just mean a party member, or a replacement for the main backstreet boy? Can't you only play as one character thus far?

Even then shouldn't they already know what they're gonna do for DLC at this point?

It's possible they plan on working on the game a bit longer than usual, since we basically know a PC version is coming. I definitely expect some kind of "GOTY edition" or something in a year or two.

Gbraga

tumblr_nsddk27rXA1qdqlkxo4_1280.jpg

Gladio best girl

Mortemis

Banned
I'm dead serious with my vote for Lightning. I wanna see what sort of BS they can pull to throw her into this universe/game. Do It.

.JayZii

Banned
I honestly don't know enough about any of the female characters' personalities or character arcs to say whose story I would like to see expanded upon or to play as.

Gentiana looks pretty cool, though.

I only care about this if it's added to the season pass or is released to everyone for free. They are of course well within their rights to charge for it, but I think it would be better to include it as a value add-on to the rest of the game.

I was thinking of this too. It would be pretty amusing to just gender swap the bros, but it's obviously out of the question. They'd have to get 4 new voices to represent the alternate versions, and since the main characters obviously are the ones that speak the most often, it would be unlikely to earn enough from DLC sales to pay off the added expenses.

Even if they'd get the most mileage out of a full genderswap DLC, it's not practical to the way they are writing the characters or financially, so the most likely thing is to do something with Gentiana, Aranea or Luna. Luna seems much less.. mobile than Stella so it is harder to imagine her being the playable character of the DLC unless they gave her an outfit she could actually move around in. The dress looks nice, but something more practical/combat ready would be preferred. Aranea seems the most likely based off of her appearing to be so combat focused.

I only care about this if it's added to the season pass or is released to everyone for free. They are of course well within their rights to charge for it, but I think it would be better to include it as a value add-on to the rest of the game.

It honestly seems like waiting for a GOTY edition is the best option here. They will eventually have one, so waiting it out for that makes the most sense financially at least. I'm more hopeful that the game is good after the excellent Omen trailer and the recent previews, but I'm still hanging back for now to see how it reviews, and even if it lives up to expectations, I'm probably likely to still wait for another year to get all of the DLC on disc and at $60 MSRP.

It honestly seems like waiting for a GOTY edition is the best option here. They will eventually have one, so waiting it out for that makes the most sense financially at least. I'm more hopeful that the game is good after the excellent Omen trailer and the recent previews, but I'm still hanging back for now to see how it reviews, and even if it lives up to expectations, I'm probably likely to still wait for another year to get all of the DLC on disc and at $60 MSRP.

... this is on a tangent, but my personal opinion is that there is no way FFXV, TLG, Shenmue 3, FF7R, KH3 etc can ever really live up to the expectations that people will put on them. With their histories/mythical status I think the majority of gamers are gonna have unreasonably high standards that no game will be able to live up to.

Love+

Neo Member
I'd pick Cindy or Luna. Never played any previous Final Fantasy games, so I don't really have any opinion on Lightning.

SE would be throwing away money if it's not Lightning.

Picture this DLC:

Lightning wearing a Roen outfit fighting her way though Versus Insomnia during the invasion. She fights that behemoth and dragoon girl, rides magitek etc.
At the end she fights Versus Noctis(XV Noctics' Nobody)

Do it SE. I'll have enough money left from that Non-Ultimate Ultimate Edition.

And no Stella will not be present at all.

Koozek

Oh screw off, this is too little too late. DLC? Really? /sigh (edit: I stinking hate DLC, make a good game first, not hold everything you want in the game as dlc.)

I just saw this thread less than a minute after exiting a new gameplay video, uploaded today, of this game. It all just looks so bland. All of the guys are wearing the same dark colorless clothes, and now there's confirmation that these may be the only playable characters? This game just seem to have Final Fantasy slapped onto it. All signs point to it, the moogle thing, the crazy weird looking gigantic summons out in the open world, and so on.

I told someone I would get this for them as a gift, I hope they forget about it. Though it will be out long enough to find out if it's actually a good game by then.
About the DLC:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1301391

Rappy

Cidney's Hammerhead Towing and Auto Repair DLC!

"Provide roadside assistance to weary travelers and even pimp out their rides!"

... this is on a tangent, but my personal opinion is that there is no way FFXV, TLG, Shenmue 3, FF7R, KH3 etc can ever really live up to the expectations that people will put on them. With their histories/mythical status I think the majority of gamers are gonna have unreasonably high standards that no game will be able to live up to.

Well, ok. I'm talking about reasonable expectations. I think people who hype XV as a game that will change the industry or something are likely to be disappointed, but those who expect a pretty good game, 8.5 to 9 could very well get their wish. I'm basically hoping for that range, as I haven't hyped up the game for nearly a decade.

For one thing, I first learned of it I think around 2011, so that cuts the wait in half effectively. That and the really rough seeming development has made me apprehensive for a while, but recent previews have made the game seem good despite the dev time. I'm not really hyped, just hopeful, and I don't have crazy expectations for the game.

I feel like I represent a large portion of the potential audience for this game that Square Enix is trying to advertise towards (relative newcomers to Final Fantasy) and so I also feel that if their marketing is effective and brings on newcomers to anticipate the game, the majority of people anticipating it are not not likely to have insane expectations. No more than any other AAA game anyways, but I don't think expecting a good to great game is too crazy.

Top Bottom